Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can't install AWStats
Operating Systems BSD can't install AWStats Post 302217280 by jasonfrost on Tuesday 22nd of July 2008 10:34:41 AM
Old 07-22-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysgate
You don't need the "install" switch, just "pkg_add -r awstats" -r flag means remote fetch.
This is the output I get. Do I copy that entire thing and just paste it in the apache conf file? I don't understand.

Code:
dl1-3# pkg_add -r awstats
Fetching ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/po...st/awstats.tbz... Done.
Fetching ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/po...ois-0.90_4.tbz... Done.

Please add the following to your apache config, and restart.

#
# Directives to allow use of AWStats as a CGI
#
Alias /awstatsclasses "/usr/local/www/awstats/classes/"
Alias /awstatscss "/usr/local/www/awstats/css/"
Alias /awstatsicons "/usr/local/www/awstats/icons/"
ScriptAlias /awstats/ "/usr/local/www/awstats/cgi-bin/"

#
# This is to permit URL access to scripts/files in AWStats directory.
#
<Directory "/usr/local/www/awstats/">
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

Awstats stderr solution

Hello! Firts of all, sorry fo my poor english, but i hope you'll undestand me :) Ok, let's go to the problem.... I have a lot of awstats crontabs, and i have one mail,where i get daily and weekly output of all servers that i administrate, now it's problem that i get to his mail every time,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flashm3
3 Replies

2. Web Development

AWstats - Installation

Hi Gurus, I was trying to install AWstats in one of my EL5 boxes and got the below error: # rpm -i awstats-7.0-1.noarch.rpm error: Failed dependencies: perl(LWP::UserAgent) is needed by awstats-7.0-1.noarch # rpm -i perl-Test-Mock-LWP-0.05-1.el6.rf.noarch.rpm warning:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
1 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Awstats webserver analyser

Need assistance in troubleshooting I have configured awstats 7.3 version on RedHat linux and I am stuck at getting the updates from the website . Please let me know if anybody can give me some inputs I can see the webpages but it gives "Never updated (See 'Build/Update' on awstats_setup.html... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
2 Replies
install-user(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   install-user(1)

NAME
install-user - reads or sets a Palm UserName and UserID on a Palm Device SYNOPSIS
install-user -p /dev/pilot -u <username> -i <id> DESCRIPTION
install-user allows the user to read or change the User Name on the Pilot connected to the specified callout device. OPTIONS -p --port <port>, Use device file port to communicate with the Palm handheld device. If this is not specified, will look for the $PILOTPORT environ- ment variable. If both are not found, will fall back to /dev/pilot. -h --help Display help synopsis for install-user -v --version Display version of install-user -u --user <username>, Set the username, use quotes for spaces, as in "John Q. Public" -i --id <userid>, Set the 5-digit numeric UserID on the device (used in many application registration schemes) USAGE
The program will connect to a target Palm handheld device, and read or set the Palm UserName specified or display the Palm username and UserID if none is specified. KNOWN BUGS
install-user has no known bugs. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at http://bugs.pilot-link.org/ AUTHOR
install-user was originally written by D. Jeff Dionne <jeff@RyeHam.ee.ryerson.ca> Free Software Foundation Palm Computing Device Tools install-user(1)