Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ls -l column headings
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ls -l column headings Post 302217214 by methyl on Tuesday 22nd of July 2008 08:14:21 AM
Old 07-22-2008
Correction to Siva's reply

2nd column is --> Number of links (2,9)
3rd Column is --> File/directory owner (root)
4th Column is --> File/directory group (root)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to convert text files with recurring headings to rows and colum

I have many text file reports generated by a Information Assurance tool that I need to get into a .CSV format or Excel tab delimited format. I want to use sed or awk to grab all the information in the sample text file below and create column headings:Risk ID, Risk Level, Category, Description, How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bjoeboo
5 Replies

2. AIX

split a filename and print to 2 different headings

I need help to split a filename 'a0crk_user:A0-B0123$#%test' into a0crk_user and A0-B0123 and print the output under 2 different columns namely User and Status. for eg. the output should like below: User Status ---- ------ a0crk_user A0-B0123 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed (or similar) to rename variable headings

Hello, I'm rather new to the world of regular expressions and sed, though am excited by its possibilities. I have a particular task I'd like to achieve, and have googled the topic quite a bit. However, having found some codes that perform a task very similar to what I'd like to do, I can't for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redseventyseven
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing one column of delimited file column to fixed width column

Hi, Iam new to unix. I have one input file . Input file : ID1~Name1~Place1 ID2~Name2~Place2 ID3~Name3~Place3 I need output such that only first column should change to fixed width column of 15 characters of length. Output File: ID1<<12 spaces>>Name1~Place1 ID2<<12... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manneni prakash
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed with adding column headings in syslog report

Hi all, I need your help in adding column headings in the below report. The headings I want are: Count - Host - Message Type The command used to create the report is as follows: for messages in `cat syslog_message_list.txt` do grep $messages syslog.`date +%d%m%y`.log | awk '{print $4 " " "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wthomas
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match column 3 in file1 to column 1 in file 2 and replace with column 2 from file2

Match column 3 in file1 to column 1 in file 2 and replace with column 2 from file2 file 1 sample SNDK 80004C101 AT XLNX 983919101 BB NETL 64118B100 BS AMD 007903107 CC KLAC 482480100 DC TER 880770102 KATS ATHR 04743P108 KATS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rydz00
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort by keeping the headings intact?

Hi all, I have a file with 3 columns separated by space. Each column has a heading. I want to sort according to the values in the 2nd column (ascending order). Ex. Name rank direction goory 0.05 --+ laby 0.0006 --- namy 0.31 -+- ....etc. Output should be Name rank direction laby... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the headings

HI I am executing faloowing commands. mr batch_1 > my_temp.txt ; mr batch_2 >>my_temp.txt; mr batch_3 >> my_temp.txt; mr batch_4 >> my_temp.txt; and the out put file is as this cat my_temp.txt Machine Name Max Load Current Load Factor O/S Status... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference of the same column when two other column matches and one column differs less than 1 hour

This is my input file : # cat list 20130430121600, cucm, location,76,2 20130430121600,cucm1,location1,76,4 20130430122000,cucm,location,80,8 20130430122000,cucm1,location1,90,8 20130430140000,cucm1,location1,87,11 20130430140000, cucm,location,67,9 This is the required output ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lakshmikumari
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk command on report with headings

Hi all, I have a report that looks like this: ------------------------------------------------- -- AOC - XXXXXXX -- ------------------------------------------------- Thread Last Sequence Received Last Sequence Applied Difference ----------... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cougartrace
12 Replies
quot_vxfs(1M)															     quot_vxfs(1M)

NAME
quot_vxfs: quot - summarize ownership on a VxFS file system SYNOPSIS
filesystem ... DESCRIPTION
displays the number of 1024-byte blocks in the specified VxFS filesystem that are currently owned by each user. filesystem is either the name of the directory on which the file system is mounted or the name of the device containing the file system. Options recognizes the following options: Specifies file system type. Generate a report for all mounted file systems. Report file system size instead of user statistics. The option generates histogram statistics in 3-column format: Column 1: File size in blocks. Sizes are listed in ascending order up to 499 blocks per file. Files occupying 499 or more blocks are counted together on a single line as 499-block files, but column 3 is based on actual number of blocks occupied. Column 2: Number of files of size indicated in column 1. Column 3: Cumulative total blocks occupied by files counted in current plus all preceding lines. The option overrides the and options. Display the number of files and space occupied by each user. Calculate the number of blocks in the file based on file size rather than actual blocks allocated. The option does not account for sparse files (files with holes in them). Accept ncheck(1M) data as input. The following pipeline will produce a list of all files and their owners: Display three columns containing the number of blocks not accessed in the last 30, 60, and 90 days. Validate the command line options, but do not execute the command. If the options specified are valid, echoes the complete command line. If the options specified are not valid, it prints an error message. Operands recognizes the following operand: filesystem Name of the directory on which the VxFS file system is mounted or the name of the device containing the file system.. EXAMPLES
The following examples show the output of using various options. AUTHOR
Disk Quotas were developed by the University of California, Berkeley, Sun Microsystems, Inc., and HP. FILES
Mounted file system table Password file (contains user names). SEE ALSO
du(1), find(1), ls(1), fstyp(1M), mount(1M), ncheck(1M), quot(1M), repquota(1M), quota(5). quot_vxfs(1M)