Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help: Script to edit the hosts, network and eth0 file Post 302217158 by ynilesh on Tuesday 22nd of July 2008 04:34:29 AM
Old 07-22-2008
If you use perl it would be good option. Playing with files is always easy with perl.

- nilesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

edit /etc/hosts to show mypc in who

have edit the /etc/hosts as belows 123.45.12.55 mypc so when i do a who, i can see my "mypc" BUT after i changed, i cant see "mypc" do i have to restart anything? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to EDIT file using VI in a script

Hello, How would i go about editing a file using VI within a shell script please? Basically, i want to open a file, clear it's contents and save the file. I found this on the web using "ex" but can't seem to get it to work: ex /home/oconnor/TOOLS/UNIXCMDS/test_ex <<eof_ex dd /*i put... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

[tip] network route-eth0

hi, i would like to share this /etc/sysconfig/network-script/route-eth0 GATEWAY0=XXXXXX NETMASK0=XXXXXX ADDRESS0=XXXXXXX a delete route command with "route del -net xxxx...." will work but if the above exist and you reboot the linux then old route will be invoke on that config-route. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

SSH broke and network traffic / talking issue between hosts and server

Ok Time warner cable / voip modem feeding Cisco PIX 501 Wan port from PIX 501 LAN port to WAN port on Linksys wrt54GL wireless router. so -->Modem-->PIX 501-->WRT54GL-->Linux Server, wireless desktop, wireless laptop (2), Wireless MAC Pro, Wireless Apple TV, Wireless printer. my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tedeansiii
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to 100s of hosts with password in a shell script or text file

I have about 500 hosts where I need to ssh by sending the password on the command line or in a text file in a clear text . However I am not able to download "sshpass" or other tools . Any other ways to pass the password in a script ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Help with to check the tcp network connectivity between servers and hosts

ello, i am new to the networking side. I have a requirement to check the tcp network connectivity between server it's running on and the list of host's and ports combination. please help me where i am going wrong. my code: #!/bin/bash #read the file line by line cd "$1" cat... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sknovice
17 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File edit script exceptions how to pass to script

i wrote script for if file exists script do file edit problem with the script get stuck not existing as for exit i mentioned exit 0 , and how to give the exception for script it should add ./script -- add hi ./script --add "hi how are you" now below script with case it is working for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjohn1
0 Replies

9. Linux

Is possible to bridge wlan0 and eth0 using network manager?How to for wpa?

I have created a bridge with nmcli between eth0 and wlan0 I use this procedure sudo nmcli con add ifname br0 type bridge con-name br0 sudo nmcli con add type bridge-slave ifname eth0 master br0 sudo nmcli con add type bridge-slave ifname wlan0 master br0 sudo nmcli con modify br0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2009-11-23 Test::Script(3)