Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Resource Manager in AIX
Operating Systems AIX Resource Manager in AIX Post 302216704 by snail2santosh on Monday 21st of July 2008 01:56:12 AM
Old 07-21-2008
Thanks 4 the info

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

resource manaement

Hi all I would like to know which other tools i can use besides top & sar to track the system resources i heard of somthing that sounds like acamdmin or acsadm... Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yelalouf
1 Replies

2. Linux

Resource management

Hi all, we have a big problem, we are running an IA-64 linux system, with 8 CPUs and some GB of RAM, for user usage. The user are compiling and testing programs on this system, and this caused some problems. Sometimes, a user program used the hole memory, blocks the other users, and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malcom
1 Replies

3. Solaris

resource worries

When I run the prstat -a command I get the following output for user oracle. NPROC USERNAME SIZE RSS MEMORY TIME CPU 118 oracle 70G 30G 100% 4:38:03 52% The reading under the "MEMORY" heading is 100%. What does this mean? I hope it doesn't mean user oracle is using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX and HP Network Node Manager

We are using hp's network node manager and would like to monitor quite a few of our aix boxes. It appears that nnm does not have AIX mibs by default. Does anyone know where i can find mibs for aix to load into nnm? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
0 Replies

5. AIX

Aix terminal download manager

Is there such thing like wget? Because I have telnet (no ssh) on a AIX machine, but I can't transfer a rpm file which I'd like to install. How can I do that? How can I transfer a file on the machine? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
11 Replies

6. Solaris

RAID manager or veritas volume manager

Can somebody kindly help me to determine which one i should choose to better manipulate OS volume. RAID manager or veritas volume manager? Any critical differences between those two? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
5 Replies

7. Solaris

need some help in resource pool creation

i have server carry more than 50 zone i want to create 2 resource pool assign 40 zone to resource pool number 1 assign 10 zone to resource pool number 2 how can i do that (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
1 Replies

8. AIX

Monitoring AIX with System Center Operation Manager 2007 R2

I can get my AIX servers to show up in SCOM but I'm struggling with running personal scripts and have the result of these scripts show up in SCOM. I'm currently using BigBrother and I've written some scripts for BB. I would like to convert these scripts to something that can be used in SCOM. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Resource Capping Help!

Hi guys. Quick question for some hopefully ;-) When using resource capping (for CPU in this case). If a container is restricted to use a single CPU/core, are the other containers intelligent enough to know that they have fewer CPU's available to them? My question relates to a T2000 which... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: boneyard
7 Replies

10. AIX

Regarding AIX volume manager & replacing a disk

First a little background: I'm working with an AIX 6.1 TL05 running two mirrored SAS disks (rootvg) and four SSDs (appvg) All four SSDs belong to appvg and are setup to mirror as follows: hdisk4 --> hdisk6 (containing application fs) hdisk5 --> hdisk7 (containing database fs) A few days... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Michael Mullig
1 Replies
INFO2MAN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       INFO2MAN(1)

NAME
info2man - generate man pages from info documents SYNOPSIS
info2man info-file DESCRIPTION
info2man converts a GNU info file to a man page. It first generates a POD (Plain Old Documentation) file using info2pod(1), then converts this to a man page using pod2man(1). info-file should be the full path to the info file (probably in /usr/share/info or similar). OPTIONS
None. NOTES
The style of info documentation and man pages differs considerably. Info documentation is generally written as a book, making full use of chapters, hyperlinks, footnotes, and the like. By contrast, man pages are often intended as something closer to a reference card. That said, many people prefer the interface used to view man pages (a normal pager) to the available info browsers. This program will con- vert the form, but not the content; don't expect it to possess the artificial intelligence necessary to turn a lengthy interconnected info file into a man page that is a model of conciseness! AUTHOR
Cameron Simpson <cs@zip.com.au> wrote info2man. Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote this manual page. SEE ALSO
info2pod(1), pod2man(1). INFO2MAN(1)