Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting in ftp how to avoid username/password Post 302216405 by Habitual on Friday 18th of July 2008 08:45:17 PM
Old 07-18-2008
You are mixing your environments. .bat files are Windows ONLY.

(ftptest3.bat it contains only unix details) -Clarification is required. Anyway, why re-invent the wheel?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...-command-line/

and for Unix/Linux:
http://www.mavetju.org/unix/netrc.php

Google is your friend.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting username and password for ftp

hi, i have set up an FTP server in one of our systems. could some one tell me the procedure to set up the username and password for it to enable other users to access the server. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: div
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

username password in script

Can we write a script to telnet to a unix server from unix with the username and password hardcoded in the script?? something like ssh a@b -p password ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanjain2
5 Replies

3. Solaris

I want to hard code username and password for an FTP connection

Hi all i want to do FTP via running a shell script and i want to hard code username and password for that particular server.. by writing it in a file can u help me in this regard.. Thank u Naree (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Download username and password

I am trying to download from ftp server (rsync and postfix). But every time I connect to the ftp server, it prompts for USER and PASS but I don't know which username and and password to use. And I am using command based UNIX OS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarrana
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell program with username and password

Hi I am new to unix and I am trying to figure out how to write a shell script with a login name and password. I want to do something along the lines of if both are correct it echoes "you are logged in" and if the password is wrong it echoes "wrong password" and same with the login name. I've tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedemonhunter
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i hide username/password

hi all, i run sqlplus command on unix(HP-UX) like "sqlplus username/password@serverA @deneme.sql" but when someone run "ps -ef | grep sqlplus", it can see my username and password :( How can i hide username and password. thanx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temhem
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP command line username and password passing

Dear All, I am new to unix and I am trying to build a shell script which will connect to a different server by passing username and password from a file or command line but not manually... In short I dont want to connect to a diff server via ftp interactively. Any suggestion...looking... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop picks up password for 2 entry...how to avoid that ?

hello all, i am trying to find a better to do what i am doing right now... i have a file called sidlist...which has my database_name and password to the respective database so something like below.. file is called sidlist and entry is below... test, abc123 kes12, abcd12 pss, abcd1234... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Username and password

Hi I am new to using unix and am struggling with a script i am writing. What i am trying to do is get a user to enter a username, check the original file i created with username and pin to see if their is a corresponding entry. Next ask the user to enter the pin and see if this matches... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somersetdan
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you reset username/password

Picked up a 3b2 running System V. Works fine, but it requires a username and password. Is the username "root" or "sysadm"? How do I find out and how to I reset it or bypass it? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TanRuNomad
2 Replies
ncftpls(1)						      General Commands Manual							ncftpls(1)

NAME
ncftpls - Internet file transfer program for scripts SYNOPSIS
ncftpls [options] ftp://url.style/host/path/name/ OPTIONS
Command line flags: -1 Most basic format, one item per line. -l Long list format. -R Long list format, recurse subdirectories. Equivalent to "-x -lR". -x -XX Additional ls flags to pass on to the server. -u XX Use username XX instead of anonymous. -p XX Use password XX with the username. -P XX Use port number XX instead of the default FTP service port (21). -d XX Use the file XX for debug logging. -t XX Timeout after XX seconds. -E Use regular (PORT) data connections. -F Use passive (PASV) data connections. The default is to use passive, but to fallback to regular if the passive connection fails or times out. -r XX Redial a maximum of XX times until connected to the remote FTP server. -W XX Send raw FTP command XX after logging in. -X XX Send raw FTP command XX after each file transferred. -Y XX Send raw FTP command XX before logging out. The -W, -X, and -Y options are useful for advanced users who need to tweak behavior on some servers. For example, users accessing mainframes might need to send some special SITE commands to set blocksize and record format information. For these options, you can use them multiple times each if you need to send multiple commands. For the -X option, you can use the cookie %s to expand into the name of the file that was transferred. DESCRIPTION
The purpose of ncftpls is to do remote directory listings using the File Transfer Protocol without entering an interactive shell. This lets you write shell scripts or other unattended processes that can do FTP. The default behavior is to print the directory listing in columnized format (i.e. ls -CF), but that is not very useful for scripting. This example uses the -1 flag, to print one file per line: $ ncftpls -1 ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/pub/ncftp/ You can also do a remote "ls -l", by using "ncftpls -l". If you want to try other flags, you have to use them with the -x flag. For exam- ple, if you wanted to do a remote "ls -lrt", you could do this: $ ncftpls -x "-lrt" ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/pub/ncftp/ By default the program tries to open the remote host and login anonymously, but you can specify a username and password information like you can with ncftpget or ncftpput. DIAGNOSTICS
ncftpls returns the following exit values: 0 Success. 1 Could not connect to remote host. 2 Could not connect to remote host - timed out. 3 Transfer failed. 4 Transfer failed - timed out. 5 Directory change failed. 6 Directory change failed - timed out. 7 Malformed URL. 8 Usage error. 9 Error in login configuration file. 10 Library initialization failed. 11 Session initialization failed. AUTHOR
Mike Gleason, NcFTP Software (mgleason@ncftp.com). SEE ALSO
ncftpput(1), ncftpget(1), ncftp(1), ftp(1), rcp(1), tftp(1). LibNcFTP (http://www.ncftp.com/libncftp/). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWncftp | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for ncftp is available on http://opensolaris.org. Software NcFTP ncftpls(1)