Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to pass a parameter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass a parameter Post 302216092 by megh on Friday 18th of July 2008 01:55:59 AM
Old 07-18-2008
How to pass a parameter

Hi all,
How to pass a parameter from a oracle pl/sql procedure parameter to shell environment and use it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass Parameter to Another Script

I have a piece of code that I do not want to continuously repeat. I want to call script2 from script1 and pass a parameter. Here is an example: Script1: ....... nohup ./Script2 PARAMETER ....... Script2: if # Checks if any params. then echo "No parameters passed to function." ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvprod
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PASS parameter to AWK

Hi, Can i pass a parameter(not a file name) as a parameter to a awk program? eg; $awk -f test 1 2 3 here test is the filename...and 1,2,3 are the i/p parameters? thank you:-) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unisam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameter into script

I would like to write a scirpt a.sh that it first checks the first parameter of the input. If it fulfill some condition ,then run an executable program b by using all the parameter. ie. > ./a.sh 10 20 30 40 50 Then a.sh first checks the first parameter, 10, if it mathes the requirement, then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass parameter to subroutine

I have something like cp -p <dir>filename1.dat <dir2>filename1.dat there are many other operations in it I mean that filename1.dat will keep on changing I need to write a subroutine so that i can pass filename1 or 2 or 3 .dat as parameter Thanking you in advance Any help wuld be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass the parameter value to a... ?

Hello I have a simple code like this one: #!/bin/ksh VER=$1 cat /usr/text | while read line do echo $line done Let's say $1=1.0.0 and the contents of text is: abcd.cfg asdf I would like the output to be like this abcd1.0.0.cfg asdf1.0.0 I am thinking of passing the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a parameter from the terminal?

Hi, I am new in Ubuntu, I will be glud to know: 1. How to pass a parameter from the terminal to a file that I write in shell script. What is the command line I need to write in the terminal? 2. How to get the parameter in the file? What do I need to write in the file? 3. What kind of file is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vess
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass two word parameter

Hi, How to pass parameter to run folloing script? #parameters are div, dept, style U run_convert_pdm.ksh Mens 44 7542 U run_convert_pdm.ksh "Mens Knit" 44 7541 The first command works fine but the second needs to have two words together , it does not work even if I have used double... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter to SED

My script(ksh) works fine for --------------------------------------------------- sed -n '28,31p' ${l_name} >> ${LOG_DIR}/Email.txt --------------------------------------------------- But I wand to pass parrmeter to this syntax I did the following things ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameter

Hi, I have following for loop , please let me know how to get ${TXP_EXT_TABLE_${i}_SQL} parameter with 1DAY and 7DAY values. for i in 1DAY 7DAY do ${NZSQL_DIR}/nzsql -h ${HOST} -time -v ON_ERROR_STOP=1 -f ${SQL_DIR}/${TXP_EXT_TABLE_${i}_SQL} > ${TMP_LOG_FILE} 2>&1 done ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
4 Replies
yppasswdd(4)							   File Formats 						      yppasswdd(4)

NAME
yppasswdd - configuration file for rpc.yppasswdd (NIS password daemon) SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/yppasswdd DESCRIPTION
The yppasswdd file contains a parameter that modifies the behavior of the rpc.yppasswdd(1M) daemon. The yppasswdd file contains a single parameter: #check_restricted_shell_name=1 By default in the current release, this line in yppasswdd is commented out. If you uncomment the line, when a user attempts to change his default shell using `passwd -r nis -e` (see passwd(1)), the rpc.yppasswdd daemon checks whether the name of the user's current shell begins with an 'r'. rpc.yppasswdd considers any shell whose name begins with an 'r' (for example, rcsh) to be a restricted shell. If a user's shell does begin with 'r', his attempt to change from the default shell will fail. If the line in the yppasswdd file is commented out (the default), the rpc.yppasswdd daemon does not perform the restricted shell check. The yppasswdd file is editable only by root or a member of the sys group. FILES
/etc/default/yppasswdd configuration file for rpc.yppasswdd daemon SEE ALSO
rpc.yppasswdd(1M) SunOS 5.11 8 Nov 2001 yppasswdd(4)