Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: open-source driver question
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) open-source driver question Post 302216077 by ninjaslim on Friday 18th of July 2008 12:35:38 AM
Old 07-18-2008
Darwin (Apple's open source flavor of BSD Unix that powers Mac OS X) uses a complicated build system and nontraditional kernel. I doubt you would be able to compile and use the driver even if it is POSIX compatible if it hasn't been explicitly ported over to the Darwin platform. Your mother should have the iMac serviced by Apple. They're known to be fairly generous with repairs.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

open source for the forum

This is a slick looking forum. Any chance on making the code for the forum open source? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ecupirate1998
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Open Source NMS

Hello there, I wanted to know the members' opinion about the best open source network management software which uses a web browser to show its interface and results. I am interested in the software for both windows and Linux OSs. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open source antivirus

Hello What is the best open source anti virus? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohammadmahdi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open Source

Hi Friends I'm new to this UNIX - I'm working on the porting project from Solaris To Linux i just want to map some commands from solaris to Linux so can any one please tell me how to get the source code of the commands like "ls", "cu", "du" Regards sabee (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabee.prakash
1 Replies

5. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

6. AIX

Readcd: Error 0. Cannot open SCSI driver.

i'm trying to burn an DVD ISO into a VIOS virtual optical drive when i try a scanbus i have a failure message : Can u help me please guys ---------- Post updated at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:20 PM ---------- I can't burn in ISO format, so i have to type... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tharsan
0 Replies
dspluginhelperd(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					dspluginhelperd(8)

NAME
dspluginhelperd -- support daemon for legacy DirectoryService plugins SYNOPSIS
dspluginhelperd [-v] DESCRIPTION
DirectoryService has been replaced by opendirectoryd(8). dspluginhelperd provides support for 3rd party DirectoryService plugins. More information can be accessed from the Darwin Open Directory Page: http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/opendirectory/ OPTIONS
The options are as follows: -v Display the release version. DIAGNOSTICS
See odutil(1) for information on enabling debug logging and various other options introspection of opendirectoryd. ERRORS
Error codes are available using dserr(1) or from framework headers <DirectoryService/DirServiceTypes.h>. DirectoryService.framework is dep- recated as of 10.6 and OpenDirectory.framework should be used instead. OPEN SOURCE
The source code for dspluginhelperd is available as part of Apple's Darwin open source initiative. dspluginhelperd is part of the Directory- Service project. More information on Darwin may be found on the Web at http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/opendirectory/ DirectoryService API and Plug-in API are documented at http://developer.apple.com/referencelibrary/Networking/ The headers for the deprecated DirectoryService APIs can also be found in the following location: /System/Library/Frameworks/DirectoryService.framework/Headers/ FILES
/Library/DirectoryServices/PlugIns location of third party plugins SEE ALSO
opendirectoryd(8), odutil(1), DirectoryServiceAttributes(7), dscl(1), dsmemberutil(1), dscacheutil(1), dseditgroup(8), dsenableroot(8), dserr(8), pwpolicy(8) MacOSX Jun 23, 2010 MacOSX