Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help: Build a sed command and execute it in a script Post 302215999 by cooldude on Thursday 17th of July 2008 05:41:18 PM
Old 07-17-2008
I'm not seeing that.
Here are the contents of temp.txt:
sed -n '/08465696_1215781522540/,/70225547_1215781581748/p' test1.txt

Here is my script, test:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh

sedcmd=$(grep sed temp.txt)

echo $sedcmd

And I get the contents of the file in $sedcmd:
Code:
$./test
sed -n '/08465696_1215781522540/,/70225547_1215781581748/p' test1.txt

Are you sure that temp.txt has the right contents?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to build a command into a string rather than execute the command

I'm trying to populate a command line into a variable. It appears to be executing, instead. Here's an example: mycmd='' if ...; then $mycmd='sudo ' fi $mycmd=$mycmd 'sed -i prev s/aaa/bbb/' $myfile res=`$mycmd` (I'm also not sure of the best way to execute the command from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: littlejon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute a sh command from a csh script

Hi everyone, I have a csh script that works fine but the output of an rsh command is different if I use boune shell instead cshell. Is there the possibility to execute only this command in bourne shell from a script declared cshell? Thanks Christian (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonovox
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to build a command in a script

Hi All I am trying to build a script that will take data from a tab separated file and use that to split up a quicktime file. So far the code is as follows #!/bin/sh #test parsing of data #fix excel file output returns cat $1 | tr "\r" "\n" > $1.fix printf "\n" >> $1.fix mv $1.fix $1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babajuma
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec a build command (adduser) in a script

Hi, With a awk script i create a "adduser line" $ cat /tmp/tmp.ldif | awk -f ldif2adduser.awk adduser --uid 1002 --gid 1000 --gecos "ROUSSIN Guy" --home /homeL/guy --shell /bin/bash --disabled-password guy If i cut and paste this line, all is fine. But in a shell script i get errors : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guyr
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute sed altered script

Man...no one answered my last two posts...Oh well, so hey guys i have a script that i'm wanting to put a # on a certain line, and then execute the script but not write it to the script. So far I'm doing it the dirty way with: sed -i -e "s/^rm/\#rm/" -e "s/^tar/\#tar/" /path/to/file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs but does not execute rm -rf command

Hi! First off I'm no bin/bash script writer! :( I can make heads and tales of it from the php experience I have and that's all. Now I managed to piece this script together to go look at directory and remove files that are +60 days. It's finding the files but its not removing them. I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrBiggz
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build.xml invocation by Build Script

Hi I have a build.xml file and I can run it on Windows via cmd. Now I want to write a script to invoke the same. Is there a way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur328
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed working on command line but file unchanged when execute with Shell script

I have a simple task to replace unix line feed end of line characters with carriage returns. When I run the following “change file in place” sed instruction from the command line all the Line feeds are successfully replaced with Carriage returns. sed -i 's/$/\r/' lf_file.txt But that same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hawkman2k
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
gensprep(8)							 ICU 50.1.2 Manual						       gensprep(8)

NAME
gensprep - compile StringPrep data from files filtered by filterRFC3454.pl SYNOPSIS
gensprep [ -h, -?, --help ] [ -v, --verbose ] [ -c, --copyright ] [ -s, --sourcedir source ] [ -d, --destdir destination ] DESCRIPTION
gensprep reads filtered RFC 3454 files and compiles their information into a binary form. The resulting file, <name>.icu, can then be read directly by ICU, or used by pkgdata(8) for incorporation into a larger archive or library. The files read by gensprep are described in the FILES section. OPTIONS
-h, -?, --help Print help about usage and exit. -v, --verbose Display extra informative messages during execution. -c, --copyright Include a copyright notice into the binary data. -s, --sourcedir source Set the source directory to source. The default source directory is specified by the environment variable ICU_DATA. -d, --destdir destination Set the destination directory to destination. The default destination directory is specified by the environment variable ICU_DATA. ENVIRONMENT
ICU_DATA Specifies the directory containing ICU data. Defaults to /usr/share/icu/50.1.2/. Some tools in ICU depend on the presence of the trailing slash. It is thus important to make sure that it is present if ICU_DATA is set. FILES
The following files are read by gensprep and are looked for in the source /misc for rfc3454_*.txt files and in source /unidata for Normal- izationCorrections.txt. rfc3453_A_1.txt Contains the list of unassigned codepoints in Unicode version 3.2.0.... rfc3454_B_1.txt Contains the list of code points that are commonly mapped to nothing.... rfc3454_B_2.txt Contains the list of mappings for casefolding of code points when Normalization form NFKC is specified.... rfc3454_C_X.txt Contains the list of code points that are prohibited for IDNA. NormalizationCorrections.txt Contains the list of code points whose normalization has changed since Unicode Version 3.2.0. VERSION
50.1.2 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2002 IBM, Inc. and others. SEE ALSO
pkgdata(8) ICU MANPAGE
18 March 2003 gensprep(8)