Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: telnet and run scripts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting telnet and run scripts Post 302215908 by Perderabo on Thursday 17th of July 2008 12:26:58 PM
Old 07-17-2008
See:
changepass automate password changes on multiple systems
as an example of my approach to this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exit from telnet when run Remotely

ssh user@host -q -n 'grep `hostname` /etc/hosts; telnet 10.100.23.45 1234;' When i run this command remotely it is hanging and not giving me the prompt, Can anyone tell me how can I exit a telnet command remotely please. Thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
10 Replies

2. SCO

run dos telnet service

hi , i need a telnet server for dos(telnet from unix server to dos client) , so how can i run telnet service on dos ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrb78
0 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

run dos telnet service

hi , i need a telnet server for dos(telnet from unix server to dos client) , so how can i run telnet service on dos ? (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

run dos telnet service

0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute scripts from remote using telnet

Hi having the below code (sleep 1 echo "username" sleep 2 echo "password" sleep 2 echo "cd /home/test1/path" sleep 10 echo "ls -l | grep filename" if exists echo "script1.sh filename" echo "mailx -s "Task Executed" user@domain.com" else echo "mailx -s "File not Exist"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet scripts

Hi, Can someone please send me a sample script to login to a specific device and do someme command then logout. Thanks.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbn1226
3 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

telnet scripts in windows

Hi, I am new to scripting & i want to write a script to fetch some report. For an example i am having a windows server which is having n number of child devices itself..I know all the Ip address of the child devices.. I wnt to login into all the child devices & fire a command & finally i need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wellington
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run scripts within a telnet session?

I want to connect to a remote host using telnet there is no username/password verification just telnet remotehost then I need to input some commands for initialization and then I need to repeat the following commands: cmd argument argument is read from a local file, in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esolve
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripts can be run manually but couldn't run with cronjobs

I am from MQ/MB technology. My requirement is to display the queue manger and broker status on daily basis. If I manually run the script, it works fine and displays output. But when I have scheduled the same using cronjobs it shows only the queue manger status and not the broker status. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
3 Replies
post(3FORM)															       post(3FORM)

NAME
post - write or erase forms from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int post_form(FORM *form); int unpost_form(FORM *form); DESCRIPTION
The function post_form displays a form to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). The function unpost_form erases form from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NOT_POSTED The form has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the form. E_NO_ROOM Form is too large for its window. E_POSTED The form has already been posted. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), form(3FORM). NOTES
The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3FORM)