Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to identify sentences from a text? Post 302215861 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 17th of July 2008 10:39:32 AM
Old 07-17-2008
If you have to do a lot of these, you are in trouble IMO.

Finding sentences vs scientific citations requires some sort of AI. You would have to identify a block of text ending in . that has a subject and a predicate. Either thsat or create some sort of monstrous filter that traps every single journal and author name.
It would be easier to simply edit the file by hand.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

spliting up sentences

hello, i'm looking to split up text into a list of words but can't figure it out, any help would be great. thanks steven (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing sentences

Hi, I have a file and that file contains the following sentences. Here we show that a virus-encoded transcription factor, viral mRNA, cellular RNA-binding protein heterodimer G3BP/Caprin-1 (p137), translation initiation factors eIF4E and eIF4G, and ribosomal proteins are concentrated in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to filter sentences??

Hi, I have few sentences here. $a1="Division of Hematology-Oncology, and Stem cell transplantation, Schneider Childrens Hospital, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, New York. "; $a2="Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

4. Programming

How to extract a sentences of word from a text file.

Hi , i have a text file that contain a story How do i extract the out all the sentences that contain the word Mon. in C++ I only want to show those sentences that contain the word mon eg. Monkey on a tree. Rabbit jumping around the tree. I am very rich, I have lots of money. Today... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify high values "ÿ" in a text file using Unix command

I have high values (such as ÿÿÿÿ) in a text file contained in an Unix AIX server. I need to identify all the records which are having these high values and also get the position/column number in the record structure if possible. Is there any Unix command by which this can be done to : 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devina
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the sentences from a text file that matches a pattern list

Hi I have a big text file. I want to extract all the sentences that matches at least 70% (seventy percent) of the words from each sentence based on a word list called A. Say the format of the text file is as given below: This is the first sentence which consists of fifteen words... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify exact text and then add a blank line above it using sed?

I need to identify the exact text of San Antonio Generator Running in the output my script which lands to a text file. Once SED finds the specific text, I need it to insert one line above the matched text. Here is what I have so far that isn't working all that well for me. Any help would be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sentence and its details from a text file based on another file of sentences

Hi I have two text files. The first file is TEXTFILEONE.txt as given below: <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645333076543" From="460350337461111" Created="2011-03-16T17:05:37+0000" use_count="123">This is the first text</Text> <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645317023456"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify varying unique fields values from a text file in UNIX?

Hi, I have a huge unsorted text file. We wanted to identify the unique field values in a line and consider those fields as a primary key for a table in upstream system. Basically, the process or script should fetch the values from each line that are unique compared to the rest of the lines in... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: manikandan23
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use $variable in conditional sentences?

Hello all I am doing a Makefile but I can't return the value of $var to use it in conditional sentences: #!/bin/sh GO=$(shell) go GOPATH=$(GO) env GOPATH make: @$(GOPATH) @if ; then mkdir -p "$(GOPATH)/bin" ; fi When I type "make", @$GOPATH returns /home/icvallejo/go... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: icvallejo
5 Replies
MKREISERFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     MKREISERFS(8)

NAME
mkreiserfs - The create tool for the Linux ReiserFS filesystem. SYNOPSIS
mkreiserfs [ -dfV ] [ -b | --block-size N ] [ -h | --hash HASH ] [ -u | --uuid UUID ] [ -l | --label LABEL ] [ --format FORMAT ] [ -q | --quiet ] [ -j | --journal-device FILE ] [ -s | --journal-size N ] [ -o | --journal-offset N ] [ -t | --transaction-max-size N ] [ -B | --badblocks file ] device [ filesystem-size ] DESCRIPTION
mkreiserfs creates a Linux ReiserFS filesystem on a device (usually a disk partition). device is the special file corresponding to a device or to a partition (e.g /dev/hdXX for an IDE disk partition or /dev/sdXX for a SCSI disk partition). filesystem-size is the size in blocks of the filesystem. If omitted, mkreiserfs will automatically set it. OPTIONS
-b | --block-size N N is block size in bytes. It may only be set to a power of 2 within the 512-8192 interval. -h | --hash HASH HASH specifies which hash function will sort the names in the directories. Choose from r5, rupasov, or tea. r5 is the default one. --format FORMAT FORMAT specifies the format for the new filsystem. Choose format 3.5 or 3.6. If none is specified mkreiserfs will create format 3.6 if running kernel is 2.4 or higher, and format 3.5 if kernel 2.2 is running, and will refuse creation under all other kernels. -u | --uuid UUID Sets the Universally Unique IDentifier of the filesystem to UUID (see also uuidgen(8)). The format of the UUID is a series of hex digits separated by hypthens, e.g.: "c1b9d5a2-f162-11cf-9ece-0020afc76f16". If the option is skipped, mkreis- erfs will by default generate a new UUID. -l | --label LABEL Sets the volume label of the filesystem. LABEL can at most be 16 characters long; if it is longer than 16 characters, mkreis- erfs will truncate it. -q | --quiet Sets mkreiserfs to work quietly without producing messages, progress or questions. It is useful, but only for use by end users, if you run mkreiserfs in a script. -j | --journal-device FILE FILE is the name of the block device on which is to be places the filesystem journal. -o | --journal-offset N N is the offset where the journal starts when it is to be on a separate device. Default is 0. N has no effect when the journal is to be on the host device. -s | --journal-size N N is the size of the journal in blocks. When the journal is to be on a separate device, its size defaults to the number of blocks that the device has. When journal is to be on the host device, its size defaults to 8193 and the maximal possible size is 32749 (for blocksize 4k). The minimum size is 513 blocks (whether the journal is on the host or on a separate device). -t | --transaction-max-size N N is the maximum transaction size parameter for the journal. The default, and max possible, value is 1024 blocks. It should be less than half the size of the journal. If specified incorrectly, it will automatically be adjusted. -B | --badblocks file File is the file name of the file that contains the list of blocks to be marked as bad on the filesystem. This list can be created by /sbin/badblocks -b block-size device. -f Forces mkreiserfs to continue even when the device is the whole disk, looks mounted, or is not a block device. If -f is specified more than once, it allows the user to avoid asking for confirmation. -d Sets mkreiserfs to print debugging information during mkreiserfs. -V Prints the version and then exits. AUTHOR
This version of mkreiserfs has been written by Edward Shishkin <edward@namesys.com>. BUGS
Please report bugs to the ReiserFS developers <reiserfs-dev@namesys.com>, providing as much information as possible--your hardware, kernel, patches, settings, all printed messages; check the syslog file for any related information. SEE ALSO
reiserfsck(8), debugreiserfs(8), reiserfstune(8) Reiserfsprogs-3.6.21 January 2009 MKREISERFS(8)