Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting fetch string and insert later Post 302215698 by Annihilannic on Thursday 17th of July 2008 03:37:25 AM
Old 07-17-2008
You only have one "variable" in sed, which is called the "hold space". You can copy or append the current "pattern space" to the "hold space", or you can exchange the two, but inserting the contents of one in the middle of the other is difficult.

You would do much better with awk or perl or similar.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

vector<string> with insert cmd

How do I correct this vector<string> insert. I am geeting segmintation dump. #include <algorithm> #include <cstdio> #include <cstdlib> #include <cctype> #include <cmath> #include <iostream> //#include <sstream> #include <string> #include <utility> #include <vector> using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: photon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch variable value in if block and to compare it with certain string

Hi, I am trying to execute this command if ; then but getting error .Some problem with reteriving the value of $exception_info. Please help.Its urgent. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khushboo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the rows with match string on a fixed lenth text file - NO delimiters

Hi I am trying to fetch the rows with match string "0000001234" Input file looks like below: 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshk
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch a string between two different strings?

Hi I am having a file with content as, <name>usrname</name> <value>ravistej</value> <name>pswd</name> <value>asdfgzxcv</value> . . . . <name>abc</name> <value>xyz</value> From this file, i want to fetch the string present between '<value>' and '</value>' and store the values into... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejastrikez
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut & Fetch word from string

I have a file with some SQL query, I want to fetch only Table Name from that file line by line. INPUT FILE SELECT * FROM $SCHM.TABLENAME1; ALTER TABLE $SCHM.TABLENAME1 ADD DateOfBirth date; INSERT INTO $SCHM.TABLENAME1 (CustomerName, Country) SELECT SupplierName, Country FROM $SCHM.TABLENAME2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik Majithia
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert a comment string

I need to insert a comment string to a couple of fields for every line in the file. Different comment string for each field. In below file, fields 7 and 8 "R","1","t0000684","","10/31/2013","10/31/2013","","","","750.23"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Melah Gindi
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch Valid String

Hi All, How to fetch the particular row based on my search command. For example Source Column Column A Column B 001,56123456 002,57123456 003,123456 Expected Output: 003,123456 To get this output I tried below mentioned function grep '123456' filename.txt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert String every n lines, resetting line counter at desired string

I need to read a text file and insert a string every n lines, but also have the line counter restart when I come across a header string. Line repeating working every 3 lines using code: sed '0~3 s/$/\nINSERT/g' < INPUT/PATH/FILE_NAME.txt > OUTPUT/PATH/FILE_NAME.txt I cannot seem to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skonectthedots
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To Fetch values from String

Dears, I have string like below in my csv file <someTechnicalDetails><someTechnicalDetails>HSI</someTechnicalDetails,1234564 <someTechnicalDetails><someTechnicalDetails>Voice</someTechnicalDeta,12345673 <someTechnicalDetails><someTechnicalDetails>IPTV</someTechnicalDetai,12345673 and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a user input string after matched string in file

i am having file like this #!/bin/bash read -p 'Username: ' uservar match='<color="red" />' text='this is only a test so please be patient <color="red" />' echo "$text" | sed "s/$match/&$uservar\g" so desireble output what i want is if user type MARIA this is only a test so please... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
13 Replies
MYSQLI_STMT.BIND_RESULT(3)						 1						MYSQLI_STMT.BIND_RESULT(3)

mysqli_stmt::bind_result - Binds variables to a prepared statement for result storage

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
bool mysqli_stmt::bind_result (mixed &$var1, [mixed &$...]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool mysqli_stmt_bind_result (mysqli_stmt $stmt, mixed &$var1, [mixed &$...]) Binds columns in the result set to variables. When mysqli_stmt_fetch(3) is called to fetch data, the MySQL client/server protocol places the data for the bound columns into the speci- fied variables $var1, .... Note Note that all columns must be bound after mysqli_stmt_execute(3) and prior to calling mysqli_stmt_fetch(3). Depending on column types bound variables can silently change to the corresponding PHP type. A column can be bound or rebound at any time, even after a result set has been partially retrieved. The new binding takes effect the next time mysqli_stmt_fetch(3) is called. PARAMETERS
o $ stmt -Procedural style only: A statement identifier returned by mysqli_stmt_init(3). o $var1 - The variable to be bound. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } /* prepare statement */ if ($stmt = $mysqli->prepare("SELECT Code, Name FROM Country ORDER BY Name LIMIT 5")) { $stmt->execute(); /* bind variables to prepared statement */ $stmt->bind_result($col1, $col2); /* fetch values */ while ($stmt->fetch()) { printf("%s %s ", $col1, $col2); } /* close statement */ $stmt->close(); } /* close connection */ $mysqli->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = mysqli_connect("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (!$link) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } /* prepare statement */ if ($stmt = mysqli_prepare($link, "SELECT Code, Name FROM Country ORDER BY Name LIMIT 5")) { mysqli_stmt_execute($stmt); /* bind variables to prepared statement */ mysqli_stmt_bind_result($stmt, $col1, $col2); /* fetch values */ while (mysqli_stmt_fetch($stmt)) { printf("%s %s ", $col1, $col2); } /* close statement */ mysqli_stmt_close($stmt); } /* close connection */ mysqli_close($link); ?> The above examples will output: AFG Afghanistan ALB Albania DZA Algeria ASM American Samoa AND Andorra SEE ALSO
mysqli_stmt_get_result(3), mysqli_stmt_bind_param(3), mysqli_stmt_execute(3), mysqli_stmt_fetch(3), mysqli_prepare(3), mysqli_stmt_pre- pare(3), mysqli_stmt_init(3), mysqli_stmt_errno(3), mysqli_stmt_error(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_STMT.BIND_RESULT(3)