Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to issue a new application to a specific processor? Post 302215683 by ubcedison on Thursday 17th of July 2008 02:57:14 AM
Old 07-17-2008
Thanks for your reply incredible.

But I guess this does not completely solve the problem. My question is how to bind a process to a processor right after the process is STARTED rather than binding it after a while using its process id?

Say what we would like to do is to start running "app_1" at "virtual_processor_1" right after we type "app_1" at terminal. Rather than looking at the process id of "app_1" and binding it after it has been started, how can we bind it at the beginning?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Issue while installing a Application on AIX

All, I am trying to install a application called Microstrategy on AIX 5.1 box.This is the first time I am working on AIX.The installation fails after some 10% complete.Given below is the text from the installation log file.Do any one of you have any idea what might be the problem? (Jan 19,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: apu78
8 Replies

2. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to bind an application to specific ip

Hello Dear Everyone. Have you Gurus perhaps got an idea how to bind a particular application/program to specific IP address on solaris box? Assume there is a server with two NICs with distinct IPs, I install an application (could be a backup sowftware client) and would like to tell to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: togr
6 Replies

4. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

m4 processor (how to use)

hi, what plugins i need to install to run m4 processor in bash shell. Also, what is the file extension for m4 processor ( like .cc in c ). Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
1 Replies

6. AIX

hacmp application startscript issue

Hi, I am setting up a hacmp oracle cluster with 2 resource groups - one on each node. Binaries are local - so is configuration but its the same on both nodes - so are the startscripts. If I start the cluster, each DB comes up nicely on its homenode. Now I have the problem that when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help for processor

hello Admins, how to find number of processor in unix machine. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinkumarr89
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Del Line if specific issue

HI Guys I have below input : PO 121255 SorkO_RM_,rlsmel=310_410_3_11104_43831 PO 125564 SorkO_RM_,rlsmel=007G43823 I want delete line which have "_" after = Sign Output : PO 125564 SorkO_RM_,rlsmel=007G43823 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue deleting all lines (having a specific string) in a file

I'm trying to create a script. There are 2 files - fileA.log & fileB.log fileA.log has the below data : aaaa cccc eeee fileB.log has the below data : cjahdskjah aaaa xyz jhaskjdhas bbbb abc ajdhjkh cccc abc cjahdskjah ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandee
7 Replies
pset_bind(2)							   System Calls 						      pset_bind(2)

NAME
pset_bind - bind LWPs to a set of processors SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/pset.h> int pset_bind(psetid_t pset, idtype_t idtype, id_t id, psetid_t *opset); DESCRIPTION
The pset_bind() function binds the LWP or set of LWPs specified by idtype and id to the processor set specified by pset. If opset is not NULL, pset_bind() sets the psetid_t variable pointed to by opset to the previous processor set binding of one of the specified LWP, or to PS_NONE if the selected LWP was not bound. If idtype is P_PID, the binding affects all LWPs of the process with process ID (PID) id. If idtype is P_LWPID, the binding affects the LWP of the current process with LWP ID id. If idtype is P_TASKID, the binding affects all LWPs of all processes with task ID id. If idtype is P_PROJID, the binding affects all LWPs of all processes with project ID id. If idtype is P_ZONEID, the binding affects all LWPs of all processes with zone ID id. If idtype is P_CTID, the binding affects all LWPs of all processes with process contract ID id. If id is P_MYID, the specified LWP, process, task, process, zone, or process contract is the current one. If pset is PS_NONE, the processor set bindings of the specified LWPs are cleared. If pset is PS_QUERY, the processor set bindings are not changed. If pset is PS_MYID, the specified LWPs are bound to the same processor set as the caller. If the caller is not bound to a processor set, the processor set bindings are cleared. The {PRIV_SYS_RES_CONFIG} privilege must be asserted in the effective set of the calling process or pset must be PS_QUERY. LWPs that have been bound to a processor with processor_bind(2) may also be bound to a processor set if the processor is part of the pro- cessor set. If this occurs, the binding to the processor remains in effect. If the processor binding is later removed, the processor set binding becomes effective. Processor set bindings are inherited across fork(2) and exec(2). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pset_bind() function will fail if: EBUSY One of the LWPs is bound to a processor, and the specified processor set does not include that processor. EFAULT The location pointed to by opset was not NULL and not writable by the user. EINVAL An invalid processor set ID was specified; or idtype was not P_PID, P_LWPID, P_PROJID, P_TASKID, P_ZONEID, or P_CTID. ENOTSUP The pools facility is active. See pooladm(1M) and pool_set_status(3POOL) for information about enabling and disabling the pools facility. Processes can be bound to pools using the poolbind(1M) utility or the pool_set_binding(3POOL) function. EPERM The {PRIV_PROC_OWNER} is not asserted in the effecive set of the calling process and either the real or effective user ID of the calling process does not match the real or effective user ID of one of the LWPs being bound, or the processor set from which one or more of the LWPs are being unbound has the PSET_NOESCAPE attribute set and {PRIV_SYS_RES_CONFIG) is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. See pset_setattr(2) for more information about processor set attributes. ESRCH No processes, LWPs, or tasks were found to match the criteria specified by idtype and id. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pbind(1M), pooladm(1M), poolbind(1M), psrset(1M), exec(2), fork(2), processor_bind(2), pset_create(2), pset_info(2), pset_setattr(2), pool_set_binding(3POOL), pool_set_status(3POOL), pset_getloadavg(3C), process(4), project(4), attributes(5), privileges(5) SunOS 5.11 19 Jul 2004 pset_bind(2)