Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sftp file transfer
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sftp file transfer Post 302215269 by Satyak on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 02:42:02 AM
Old 07-16-2008
Java sftp file transfer

hi zaxxon
i have done all the requirements,but stil it is not working.
can u please explain the problem

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sftp command for file transfer

hi, I need to sftp a file from one unix system to another unix system. eg: filename is test.txt servername : abc@xyz please give me the sftp command for that. thanks in advance.. mohan.p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

SFTP Protocol: How to transfer the file in PC Format

Hi, We are facing issue with files transfered using SFTP in Hp-UX. The transfered files are in Unix Format. That is, file format as UNIX (LF) instead of a PC format (CR & LF). How can we achieve file transfers as PC format using SFTP? Your help and input will be highly appreciated. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brap45
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP file transfer mode question

I am having trouble viewing a file in ASCII after doing a 'get' using SFTP. It appears to have come across as machine language. Does the file have to be in ASCII format prior to the 'get' or is there a way to convert it to ascii after I get it onto my server? I have read where the secure file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsiefkas
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP with ASCII file transfer

Hello - I have text file and need to load the data in Oracle through sqlloader. I need to move this file to unix server and load into oracle. When i SFTP(unfortunately i do not have FTP) to unix box, each line is appended with ControlM character... since it is transferring in BINARY... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to transfer file via SFTP

Hi all, I'm trying to do a script to transfer file between my server and an external server via SFTP protocol. It doesn't use rsa key, but password. When I run the script, it throw back a prompt that request me to put the password. How should I do for automatic login? Pleaes help :( ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passwordless file transfer using sftp

Hello all, I have a requirement, in which we need to stage a package to Unix remote server in an automation (we cant use ssh key generation) , do u have any idea how we can transfer the package to remote server using sftp .if you have any script plz share it to me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramji Sundaram
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer using SFTP

Hi, I want to a transfer file from remote machine to a local machine using SFTP where both my local and remote machines are Ubuntu machines.So i wanted to write a unix bash script which uses SFTP command to transfer the file from remote to local machine. My remote server is 178.28.30.106. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP File transfer issue

Hi guys, Need a quick and urgent help on below issue. One of our application is try to transfer the file to another host thru sftp process My file is about 1 GB. Job is getting hung while transferring the file. So when I login as sftp and check the file system space is only in MB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth Kumar G
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer image file from local to remote with sftp

Hi. I have managed to transfer a file from remote to my raspberry pi, but I have the camera mounted on the Raspbien so I would like to transfer the image the other way. I use this line: sshpass -p 'PASSWORD' scp -- USER@ssh.servername.com:/www/cam/image.jpg /home/pi/shared/web/image.jpg (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brickglow
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need some help regarding file transfer between server (sftp/scp)

Hi All, Need some help regarding file transfer between server. Suppose we have system-A and system-B. To transfer file from system-A to system-B we usually share the public keys of system-A to system-B and do scp/sftp to transfer a file. Is it possible that public key of system-B can be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
3 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-00.txt, January 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
January 9, 2010 BSD