Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Error alert keep showing at console Post 302214865 by vbe on Tuesday 15th of July 2008 05:16:37 AM
Old 07-15-2008
>Are these file system full error have any related to telnet problem? Because I cannot telnet at all to this server.
Only you can answer since we dont know what are the filesystems... (/home?, /var? /tmp?)
>How should I stop this error message from coming to the console screen? It really distrubing me.
Only one way: add extra space by extending those filesystems, and temporary solution while doing so is to stop the logger

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Interface not showing : Xview error

Hi I'm having a big trouble running a configuration tool (ftamtool) which uses xview on sunos 5.8, it refuses to start and says: XView error: could not load font 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERIF... How to force the program to use installed fonts and where are fonts installed available to use ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
0 Replies

2. Solaris

mailx -s is showing an error

Error is like /users/d12381/check.sh: mail_sysadmin@mycompany: not found Plz help me to sort out this issue (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
6 Replies

3. Solaris

tar -xvf is showing error

Hi, When i am trying to untar a file for installation its showing an error like tar -xvf te_agent__sparc.en_tar.gz tar: directory checksum error Please help me to solve this issue........... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
10 Replies

4. Solaris

fmthard showing error with prtvtoc

Hi all, I am trying to use the disk for mirror where in the mirror disk is of 160 gb and the rootdisk is of 80 gb. when i am trying to write the vtoc i am getting below error i tried the below command #prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 |fmthard -s -/dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s0 and got below ... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
26 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

command showing error

Hi, I have an command which find the files modified within last 8 days and then after selecting the files from the location it make the tar format and send it to the specified destination ...now I want that this task to be automative ..that is it should happen after every 5 minutes ...for that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH SAXENA
3 Replies

6. Solaris

X11 errors on Solaris 10 - SL Console not showing up

Hi all, I have been administrating large backup environments for quite some time now, but I have never seen the types of errors I'm getting for a client I have in Asia, so I humbly appeal to your expertise in order to fix things. Set up: StreamLine 8500 library connected to a Solaris... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilibau
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing error

if ; then rm -rf "${x}"_"${y}"_abc_pqr.dat error: `then' unmatchedCan anyone please help me in correcting it. Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D_Sethi
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Virtual Terminal (Console) showing non-global zone?

Hope that everyone is doing well today. Happy Friday. I am running an illumos (opensolaris) based system which is like SmartOS, OmniOS, and OpenIndiana I have been searching all over the Internet into various documents and forms that have to do with Solaris, Opensolaris, Illumos, and SmartOS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LonnieTC
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print Error in Console and both Error & Output in Log file - UNIX

I am writing a shell script with 2 run time arguments. During the execution if i got any error, then it needs to redirected to a error file and in console. Also both error and output to be redirected to a log file. But i am facing the below error. #! /bin/sh errExit () { errMsg=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
1 Replies
remote-filesystems(7)					 Miscellaneous Information Manual				     remote-filesystems(7)

NAME
remote-filesystems - event signalling that remote filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
local-filesystems [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The remote-filesystems event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all remote filesystems listed in fstab(5). moun- tall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. This event is typically used by services that must be started to manage remote filesystems. When it occurs, local filesystems such as /usr may not be mounted. For most normal services the filesystem(7) event is sufficient. This event will never occur before the virtual-filesystems(7) event. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once remote filesystems are mounted might use: start on remote-filesystems SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) virtual-filesystems(7) local-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) filesystem(7) mountall 2009-12-21 remote-filesystems(7)