Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating/ammending Name Column in existing .txt file Post 302214784 by Annihilannic on Tuesday 15th of July 2008 12:45:58 AM
Old 07-15-2008
Your version doesn't work for me, however radoulov's does. Are you sure you didn't typo the $i when copying your code in somehow?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a csv file based on Existing file

Hi I am Newbie to Unix.Appreciate Help from forum user would loada b.Csv File(Below example) in /data/m/ directory.Program need to read the b.csc to extract certain column and create a new file /data/d/ directory as csv file with new name. User File Format 1232,samshouston,12345... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skywayterrace
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a txt file

Hi All, I would like to know if you can set up in part of a script for the script to create a txt file and put some predetermined text into it. #Example make file example.txt #Then it would the lines below into the text file as text. Line 1 Line 2 Line 3 Does anyone have any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: outthere_3
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a new file based on existing file

Hello Guys , I need an another help regarding the below problem. I want to create a new file based on the existing file ,where two columns will be changed according to user input .(say column 4 and column 5) Please let me know how to proceed with Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating file from an existing file using CUT, is it the best option?

Dear All, I have a requirement in which i have to load a file placed in FTP location onto my database. The process i'll follow is as below: 1) Get the files using FTP. 2) Create the desired load files as i have to load only 19 fields out of the 104 available in the file. The fields i require... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishekakaomi
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating a file in required format form another existing file

I have a text file with contents like this: a,b,c, d~e,f,g,h~i,j ,k,l,m~n,o,p,q~ I need to convert this file into this format unix shell script commands: a,b,c,d~ e,f,g,h~ i,j,k,l,m~ n,o,p,q~ as you may have noticed, I need to retain the ~ signs at the end. Any help is greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha1238
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating the script for updating or replacing the existing http.conf file

Hi I need some help with a task, i am an absolute newbie to any form of shell scripting and request guidance. I have been building a proxy server using the apache mod proxy currently my solution is working , but i need to automate the process , suppose if any changes need to be made on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satej
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching column then append to existing File as new column

Good evening I have the below requirements, as I am not an experts in Linux/Unix and am looking for your ideas how I can do this. I have file called file1 and file2. I need to get the second column which is text1_random_alphabets and find that in file 2, if it's exists then print the 3rd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mychbears
4 Replies
Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Prereqs(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Prereqs(3pm)

NAME
Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Prereqs - list simple prerequisites VERSION
version 4.300020 SYNOPSIS
In your dist.ini: [Prereqs] Foo::Bar = 1.002 MRO::Compat = 10 Sub::Exporter = 0 You can specify requirements for different phases and relationships with: [Prereqs] -phase = test -relationship = recommends Fitz::Fotz = 1.23 Text::SoundEx = 3 Remember that if you load two Prereqs plugins, each will needs its own name, added like this: [Prereqs / PluginName] -phase = test -relationship = recommends Fitz::Fotz = 1.23 Text::SoundEx = 3 If the name is the CamelCase concatenation of a phase and relationship (or just a relationship), it will set those parameters implicitly. If you use a custom name, but it does not specify the relationship, and you didn't specify either "-phase" or "-relationship", it throws the error "No -phase or -relationship specified". This is to prevent a typo that makes the name meaningless from slipping by unnoticed. The example below is equivalent to the example above, except for the name of the resulting plugin: [Prereqs / TestRecommends] Fitz::Fotz = 1.23 Text::SoundEx = 3 DESCRIPTION
This module adds "fixed" prerequisites to your distribution. These are prereqs with a known, fixed minimum version that doens't change based on platform or other conditions. You can specify prerequisites for different phases and kinds of relationships. In "RuntimeRequires", the phase is Runtime and the relationship is Requires. These are described in more detail in the CPAN::Meta specification. The phases are: o configure o build o test o runtime o develop The relationship types are: o requires o recommends o suggests o conflicts If the phase is omitted, it will default to runtime; thus, specifying "Prereqs / Recommends" in your dist.ini is equivalent to RuntimeRecommends. Not all of these phases are useful for all tools, especially tools that only understand version 1.x CPAN::Meta files. SEE ALSO
o Core Dist::Zilla plugins: @Basic, AutoPrereqs. o The CPAN Meta specification: "PREREQUISITES" in CPAN::Meta. AUTHOR
Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Ricardo SIGNES. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Prereqs(3pm)