Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating/ammending Name Column in existing .txt file Post 302214702 by awknerd on Monday 14th of July 2008 06:51:01 PM
Old 07-14-2008
Woops! Here is the code I used:

awk '1 == NR || $NF >= 1000 {
if (c) print _, __, ___
_ = $1 FS $2
c = 1
i+=1
}

{ __ = $3; ___ = substr($4, 1, 6)"Cluster"i }
END {
print _, __, ___} ' tester.txt

Are there any advantages to the way you did it? Or disadvantages to the way I modified your code?

Thanks!

Last edited by awknerd; 07-15-2008 at 12:27 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a csv file based on Existing file

Hi I am Newbie to Unix.Appreciate Help from forum user would loada b.Csv File(Below example) in /data/m/ directory.Program need to read the b.csc to extract certain column and create a new file /data/d/ directory as csv file with new name. User File Format 1232,samshouston,12345... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skywayterrace
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a txt file

Hi All, I would like to know if you can set up in part of a script for the script to create a txt file and put some predetermined text into it. #Example make file example.txt #Then it would the lines below into the text file as text. Line 1 Line 2 Line 3 Does anyone have any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: outthere_3
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a new file based on existing file

Hello Guys , I need an another help regarding the below problem. I want to create a new file based on the existing file ,where two columns will be changed according to user input .(say column 4 and column 5) Please let me know how to proceed with Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating file from an existing file using CUT, is it the best option?

Dear All, I have a requirement in which i have to load a file placed in FTP location onto my database. The process i'll follow is as below: 1) Get the files using FTP. 2) Create the desired load files as i have to load only 19 fields out of the 104 available in the file. The fields i require... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishekakaomi
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating a file in required format form another existing file

I have a text file with contents like this: a,b,c, d~e,f,g,h~i,j ,k,l,m~n,o,p,q~ I need to convert this file into this format unix shell script commands: a,b,c,d~ e,f,g,h~ i,j,k,l,m~ n,o,p,q~ as you may have noticed, I need to retain the ~ signs at the end. Any help is greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha1238
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating the script for updating or replacing the existing http.conf file

Hi I need some help with a task, i am an absolute newbie to any form of shell scripting and request guidance. I have been building a proxy server using the apache mod proxy currently my solution is working , but i need to automate the process , suppose if any changes need to be made on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satej
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching column then append to existing File as new column

Good evening I have the below requirements, as I am not an experts in Linux/Unix and am looking for your ideas how I can do this. I have file called file1 and file2. I need to get the second column which is text1_random_alphabets and find that in file 2, if it's exists then print the 3rd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mychbears
4 Replies
NETSNMP_TRAP_API(3)						     Net-SNMP						       NETSNMP_TRAP_API(3)

NAME
send_easy_trap, send_trap_vars, send_v2trap - send TRAPs or INFORMs from a Net-SNMP MIB module SYNOPSIS
#include <net-snmp/agent/agent_trap.h> void send_easy_trap(int trap, int specific); void send_trap_vars(int trap, int specific, struct variable_list *vars); void send_v2trap(struct variable_list *vars); DESCRIPTION
These three routines may be used to send traps from a MIB module within the Net-SNMP agent (including an AgentX subagent). send_easy_trap() sends an SNMPv1 trap (or the SNMPv2 equivalent) to the list of configured trap destinations (or "sinks"), using the pro- vided values for the generic trap type, and specific trap value. send_trap_vars() is similar, but appends the supplied list of variable bindings to the traps that are sent. send_v2trap() uses the supplied list of variable bindings to form an SNMPv2 trap, which is sent to SNMPv2-capable sinks on the configured list. An equivalent INFORM is sent to the configuredq list of inform sinks. Sinks that can only handle SNMPv1 traps are skipped. The various "send_trap()" calls allow you to specify traps in different formats. And the various "trapsink" directives allow you to spec- ify destinations to receive different formats. But *all* traps are sent to *all* destinations, regardless of how they were specified. I.e. it's ___ trapsink / send_easy_trap ___ [ Trap ] ____ trap2sink ___ [ Generator ] send_v2trap / [ ] ----- informsink ____ trapsess *Not* send_easy_trap -------------------> trapsink send_v2trap -------------------> trap2sink ???? -------------------> informsink ???? -------------------> trapsess WARNINGS
These routines are used to send the traps immediately they are called. Invoking them at the appropriate time is left to the MIB module programmer. SEE ALSO
snmpd.conf(5), snmptrapd(8) V5.7.2 13 Aug 2010 NETSNMP_TRAP_API(3)