Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using vi to look at video files Post 302214656 by vedder191 on Monday 14th of July 2008 02:33:46 PM
Old 07-14-2008
Using vi to look at video files

Is there a way to look at mpeg files using vi in a human readable format? Is there a flag that i can use?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How merge two video files?

Hello, I want to merge two video files in one (for example: a.avi + b.avi = c.avi). How can make it? In my computer are installed FFMPEG and MPlayer. PS. My OS - UNIX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramis55
4 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

OSX: Syncing VERY large video files across web

My impressions from recent web explorations has me questioning the appropriateness of rsync ( or rsyncx ) for syncing large video/movie files to remote locations. Background: A friend who edits and creates movies would like to sync his video files from his place of business to his home. These... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect

I need a broad spectrum understanding on this subject, and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all, as I understand it... The way the video hardware works is the CPU sends information about input and possible changes to the display, the video card receives these changes, makes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciNG
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need help on uploading Video files on Mediawiki and embed to page

I am working on to uploading Video files on Mediawiki and embed to page but not getting success. I tried plugin like MediaPlayer and HTML5Player but these plugins seems having extension limitation as i need to embed files like .wmv, .mpg etc. I am using mediawiki1.17 and CentOS5.8 x64 bit ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to play video files one after the other continously?

Hi, There are many MP4 files in a folder say 50 files . All these files are video clipping files.Instead of playing the video one by one , is it possible to play all video clipping files into single shot ? Say for example when i play one video file it gets over after sometime and to view... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Join two video files with different properties

I need to join two video files file1 and file2. File1 has to be converted to get the properties of file2 and then the two are supposed to be joined together into one file. If the properties like codec, resolution etc are different, it is impossible to merge the two files. Is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
4 Replies
PMC_NAME_OF_CAPABILITY(3)				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				 PMC_NAME_OF_CAPABILITY(3)

NAME
pmc_name_of_capability, pmc_name_of_class, pmc_name_of_cputype, pmc_name_of_disposition, pmc_name_of_event, pmc_name_of_mode, pmc_name_of_state -- human readable names for numeric constants used by pmc(3) and hwpmc(4) LIBRARY
Performance Counters Library (libpmc, -lpmc) SYNOPSIS
#include <pmc.h> const char * pmc_name_of_capability(enum pmc_caps pc); const char * pmc_name_of_class(enum pmc_class pc); const char * pmc_name_of_cputype(enum pmc_cputype ct); const char * pmc_name_of_disposition(enum pmc_disp pd); const char * pmc_name_of_event(enum pmc_event pe); const char * pmc_name_of_mode(enum pmc_mode pm); const char * pmc_name_of_state(enum pmc_state ps); DESCRIPTION
These convenience functions translate numeric constants used by the Performance Counters Library (libpmc, -lpmc) to const char * pointers to human readable representations of their arguments. Function pmc_name_of_capability() translates a PMC capability flag given in argument pc to a human readable string. PMC capabilities are described in pmc(3). Function pmc_name_of_class() translates the PMC class value specified in argument pc to a human readable name. PMC classes are described in pmc(3). Function pmc_name_of_cputype() translates the CPU type value specified in argument ct to a human readable name. CPU types known to the library are described in pmc(3). Function pmc_name_of_disposition() translates the PMC row disposition specified in argument pd to a human readable name. PMC row disposi- tions are described in hwpmc(4). Function pmc_name_of_event() translates the PMC event number specified by argument pe to a string. PMC event names are documented in section EVENT SPECIFIERS of pmc(3). Function pmc_name_of_mode() translates the PMC mode specified by argument pm to a human readable string. PMC modes are described in pmc(3). Function pmc_name_of_state() translates the value of argument ps to a human readable name. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The returned pointers point to static storage inside the PMC library and should not be freed by the caller. RETURN VALUES
These functions return a non-NULL pointer on successful completion. In case of an error, a NULL pointer is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
A call to these functions may fail with the following errors: [EINVAL] The function argument specified an invalid value. SEE ALSO
pmc(3), pmc_cpuinfo(3), pmc_pmcinfo(3), hwpmc(4) BSD
November 24, 2007 BSD