Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Performance testing on AIX
Operating Systems AIX Performance testing on AIX Post 302214631 by adasong on Monday 14th of July 2008 12:06:46 PM
Old 07-14-2008
Data Performance testing on AIX

I'm doing performance testing for one application which works on AIX.

But I don't know which performance parameters of memory need to be collected. Now, I just know very few:
1. page in
2. page out
3. fre

They are all collected by "vmstat" command.

I want to know, except for above parameters, what else do I need to collected?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by adasong; 07-14-2008 at 01:29 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Suggested tool / approach for performance testing

What is a good approach for a performance testing tool suite for web applications? I am specifically interested in tools that execute a certain set of tasks well as opposed to tuning high traffic sites. In other words, a profiler would be a good idea to have, although I understand these tools are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

2. Linux

Doubt about programs for testing Linux performance

Hello friends, I'm working on a Thesis and right now I'm in a phase of comparing a Linux vs Windows performance in similar situations on the same machine. I'm asking here because I would like help on this, since I've always worked in Linux as an Administrator and a user, never as a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lzcool
6 Replies

3. IP Networking

using multiple iperf instances for performance testing

Hello all! I have the need to performance-test a MPLS switch, I was thinking of using iperf to accomplish the task. I had in mind using a linux box with a Gigabit interface connected to a L2 switch on a 802.1Q trunk. In the interface I would create 20 VLANs with 20 different IP subnets. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
0 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

using multiple iperf instances for performance testing

Hello all! I have the need to performance-test a MPLS switch, I was thinking of using iperf to accomplish the task. I had in mind using a linux box with a Gigabit interface connected to a L2 switch on a 802.1Q trunk. In the interface I would create 20 VLANs with 20 different IP subnets. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Performance testing - training content

Hi Everyone, My company is involved in performing performance testing and now they want to perform couple of training related with executing those tests on the servers based on Unix sytems. And I have to provide them draft of the content for those trainings. I think this kind of training... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bartuss
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extract application logs through shell script in performance testing

Hi Experts, I am new to shell.How to extract logs (Web,APP,Database) using shell in performance testing? Need for webserver logs,app server logs and d/b logs code. Thanks in advance Sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sree vasu
3 Replies

7. AIX

Testing the dds tape drive on AIX

Hi I need to make some restore tapes for our old AIX systems I have purchased some DDS2 tapes and cleaning tapes The tape drive is rmt0 what commands can I enter to run the cleaning tape through the drive and are the any commands I can enter to test these drives prior to using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmacher
2 Replies
TPROF(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  TPROF(8)

NAME
tprof -- record tprof profiling samples SYNOPSIS
tprof [-c] [-o file] command ... DESCRIPTION
The tprof is a sampling based profiler. tprof utility makes the kernel driver start profiling, executes the specified command, keeps recording samples from the kernel driver until the command finishes, and reports statistics to the standard error. The tprof pseudo driver and a suitable backend should be loaded beforehand. The tprof utility accepts the following options. -o file Write the collected samples to the file named file. The default is ``tprof.out''. -c Write the collected samples to the standard output. Note that the output is a binary stream. EXAMPLES
The following command profiles the system during 1 second and shows the top-10 kernel functions which likely consumed CPU cycles. tprof -c sleep 1 2>/dev/null | tpfmt -skCLP | head -10 DIAGNOSTICS
The tprof utility reports the following statistics about the activities of the tprof pseudo driver. sample The number of samples collected and prepared for userland consumption. overflow The number of samples dropped because the per-CPU buffer was full. buf The number of buffers successfully prepared for userland consumption. emptybuf The number of buffers which have been dropped because they were empty. dropbuf The number of buffers dropped because the number of buffers kept in the kernel exceeds the limit. dropbuf_samples The number of samples dropped because the buffers containing the samples were dropped. SEE ALSO
tpfmt(1), tprof(4) AUTHORS
The tprof utility is written by YAMAMOTO Takashi. CAVEATS
The contents and representation of recorded samples are undocumented and will likely be changed for future releases of NetBSD in an incompat- ible way. BSD
November 26, 2011 BSD