Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace multiple blanks within double quotes Post 302214576 by jgrogan on Monday 14th of July 2008 09:54:08 AM
Old 07-14-2008
Replace multiple blanks within double quotes

Thanks all for your responses. I will try these in a real-world scenario and report back.

Many thanks for your help

JG

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Replace comma with Pipe inside double quotes

Hi, I have a requirement to replace the comma's inside the double quotes. The comma's inside the double quotes will get changed dynamically. Input Record: "Washington, DC,Prabhu,aju",New York Output Record: "Washington| DC|Prabhu|aju",New York I tried with the below command but it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhutkl
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple double quotes

hi Need to run below command on remote server: cmd -a "1 2" -b 3 If i run below, there's clash matching double quotes and fail. ssh $server "cmd -a "1 2" -b 3" I have few ideas which worked (like keeping the entire cmd in a file and copy it to remote server and then run that file)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reddyr
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace double quotes in to ascii value?

Hi, I am getting the data from text file and it contains comma and double quootes. Eg: text file like this: Travelling up Cattai Ridge Rd, going through the "S" bends at the top. Felt a "pull" and pain in groin area, on right side after lifting at work. Repeat "twisting" while working manual... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh4851
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double double quotes using AWK/SED

Hi, I have data as "01/22/97-"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa""aaa""aabbbbbbbbcccccc""zbcd""dddddddddeeeeeeeeefffffff" I want to remove only the Consequitive double quotes and not the one which occurs single. My O/P must be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace spaces excluding those within double quotes and after backslash?

In bash or perl, I would like to know how to substitute a null character (0x00) for every white space without changing the white spaces inside the block of double quotes and the white space immediately following a backslash. Suppose that sample.txt consists of the following line. "b 1" c\ 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace newline character between a double quotes to a space

Hi Guys, I have a file with content as below aj.txt "Iam allfine" abcdef abcd "all is not well" What I'm trying to say is my data has some new line characters in between quoted text. I must get ride of the newline character that comes in between the quoted text. output must be:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajahuja
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double quotes with a single quote within a double quoted string

Hi Froum. I have tried in vain to find a solution for this problem - I'm trying to replace any double quotes within a quoted string with a single quote, leaving everything else as is. I have the following data: Before: ... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
32 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find and replace Double quotes between pipes

Hello, Need a AWK command to find and replace Double Quotes in Pipe delimited files Actully its a CSV file converted to Pipe but the double quotes still exists. So i want to Get rid of them. Example Input 1|2|3|sadsad|"Abc Efg 3"""|dada Output 1|2|3|sadsad|Abc Efg 3"|dada Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Double quotes within double quotes in a column with space while loading a CSV file

Hi All, I'm unable to load the data using sql loader where there are double quotes within the double quotes As these are optionally enclosed by double quotes. Sample Data : "221100",138.00,"D","0019/1477","44012075","49938","49938/15043000","Television - 22" Refurbished - Airwave","Supply... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed command to replace consecutive double quotes

I need to replace consecutive double quotes in a csv file, the data in the file is enclosed in double quotes but there are some places where the quotes are repeating Example is below Incoming data is : "Pacific Region"|"PNG"|"Jimmy""|""| Need output as: "Pacific... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
10 Replies
setregid(2)							   System Calls 						       setregid(2)

NAME
setregid - set real and effective group IDs SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int setregid(gid_t rgid, gid_t egid); DESCRIPTION
The setregid() function is used to set the real and effective group IDs of the calling process. If rgid is -1, the real group ID is not changed; if egid is -1, the effective group ID is not changed. The real and effective group IDs may be set to different values in the same call. If the {PRIV_PROC_SETID} privilege is asserted in the effective set of the calling process, the real group ID and the effective group ID can be set to any legal value. If the {PRIV_PROC_SETID} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process, either the real group ID can be set to the saved set-group-ID from execve(2), or the effective group ID can either be set to the saved set-group-ID or the real group ID. In either case, if the real group ID is being changed (that is, if rgid is not -1), or the effective group ID is being changed to a value not equal to the real group ID, the saved set-group-ID is set equal to the new effective group ID. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned, errno is set to indicate the error, and neither of the group IDs will be changed. ERRORS
The setregid() function will fail if: EINVAL The value of rgid or egid is less than 0 or greater than UID_MAX (defined in <limits.h>). EPERM The {PRIV_PROC_SETID} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling processes and a change was specified other than changing the real group ID to the saved set-group-ID or changing the effective group ID to the real group ID or the saved group ID. USAGE
If a set-group-ID process sets its effective group ID to its real group ID, it can still set its effective group ID back to the saved set- group-ID. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
execve(2), getgid(2), setreuid(2), setuid(2), attributes(5), privileges(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Mar 2004 setregid(2)