Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: random script termination
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting random script termination Post 302214359 by mph on Sunday 13th of July 2008 05:51:28 PM
Old 07-13-2008
As far as I know everything is up to snuff. I have the updater running and install updates whenever they show up.

The strace had some interesting output. I'll have to do more research Monday when I get to work.

Strace Output
Quote:
rt_sigaction(SIGRT_32, {0x80500e0, [], SA_INTERRUPT}, {SIG_DFL}, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGRT_32, {0x80500e0, [], SA_INTERRUPT}, {0x80500e0, [], SA_INTERRUPT}, 8) = 0
close(0) = 0
fcntl64(11, F_DUPFD, 0) = 0
--- SIGCHLD (Child exited) @ 0 (0) ---
waitpid(-1, [{WIFSIGNALED(s) && WTERMSIG(s) == SIGPIPE}], WNOHANG|WSTOPPED|WCONTINUED) = 25200
close(0) = 0
fcntl64(11, F_DUPFD, 0) = 0
close(11) = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, [], NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGRT_32, {SIG_DFL}, {0x80500e0, [], SA_INTERRUPT}, 8) = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, [], [CHLD], 8) = 0
kill(25142, SIGRT_32) = 0
--- SIGRT_32 (Real-time signal 30) @ 0 (0) ---
+++ killed by SIGRT_32 +++

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

random function script

hi, I need a command which picks the records randomly from the file. For example. i am having some 10000 entries in a file and need to extract the lines randomly without repeating the numbers. Do anybody have any idea on how to get this out. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash_b
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catching the termination of one script

Hi I have a Shell script that needs to execute a command at the End of the excursion of other script And I cant get a handel On the trap command. And that is if the trap command Is the proper way to go this is a extract of the script MYHOST=`hostname| cut -d. -f1` echo $MYHOST ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ex-Capsa
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

expect script for random password and random commands

Hi I am new to expect. Please if any one can help on my issue its really appreciable. here is my issue: I want expect script for random passwords and random commands generation. please can anyone help me? Many Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate random numbers in script

i want to generate a random number through a script, and even if anyone reads the script, they wont be able to figure out what the random number is. only the person who setup the script would know it. something like this could work: random the full thread is here: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat termination in script

So, I'm writing a shell script to help automate a process I'm doing. Basically I want to take input from the user for 2 variables, then create a file that consists of: Variable1,Variable2 Constant1 Constant2 .. Constant2000 then run an awk script. I'm pretty new to unix though, and so... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parrakarry
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to generate a file with random data. /dev/[u]random doesn't exist.

Need to use dd to generate a large file from a sample file of random data. This is because I don't have /dev/urandom. I create a named pipe then: dd if=mynamed.fifo do=myfile.fifo bs=1024 count=1024 but when I cat a file to the fifo that's 1024 random bytes: cat randomfile.txt >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random number generating script?

Having a hard time with this. Very new to scripting and linux. Spent all sunday trying to do this. Appreciate some help and maybe help breaking down what the syntax does. Create a Bash program. It should have the following properties • Creates a secret number between 1 and 100 i. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LINUXnoob15
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random script error with rndc

Hello coders, been running into an strange behavior into one of my script and i'm wondering if my code wouldn't be responsible. Bash on rhel 5.7 This is a basic check to see if bind is up and running on server. # rndc check INFO="Checking rndc" for DNS_SERVER in ${DNS_MASTER_SERVERS};... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that will random choose an IP address

Hi, I need to write a bash script that will random choose and login into these below ip addresses. 192.168.116.130 192.168.116.131 192.168.116.132 192.168.116.133 I'm new into scripting and I need to enhance my logic. Below is what i did ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Milon
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script termination without pressing Enter key[nohup]

I have a script in which we have used nohup. Once script is executed it will be terminated only when enter key is pressed. I want the script to be terminated without pressing enter key nohup imqbrokerd -name user_id port 2>1 1>$home_`date` & I am a newbie to shell, Kindly please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suganbabu
3 Replies
wait.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							     wait.h(3HEAD)

NAME
wait.h, wait - wait status SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/wait.h> DESCRIPTION
When a process waits for status from its children using either the wait(3C) or waitpid(3C) function, the status returned can be evaluated with the following macros, defined in <sys/wait.h>. These macros evaluate to integral expressions. The stat argument to these macros is the integer value returned from wait() or waitpid(). WCOREDUMP(stat) If the value of WIFSIGNALED (stat) is non-zero, this macro evaluates to a non-zero value if a core image of the terminated child was created. WEXITSTATUS(stat) If the value of WIFEXITED(stat) is non-zero, this macro evaluates to the exit code that the child process passed to _exit() (see exit(2)) or exit(3C), or the value that the child process returned from main. WIFCONTINUED(stat) Evaluates to a non-zero value if status was returned for a child process that has continued. WIFEXITED(stat) Evaluates to a non-zero value if status was returned for a child process that terminated normally. WIFSIGNALED(stat) Evaluates to a non-zero value if status was returned for a child process that terminated due to the receipt of a signal. WIFSTOPPED(stat) Evaluates to a non-zero value if status was returned for a child process that is currently stopped. WSTOPSIG(stat) If the value of WIFSTOPPED(stat) is non-zero, this macro evaluates to the number of the signal that caused the child process to stop. WTERMSIG(stat) If the value of WIFSIGNALED(stat) is non-zero, this macro evaluates to the number of the signal that caused the termination of the child process. The <sys/wait.h> header defines the symbolic constants listed below for use with waitpid(3C). WNOHANG Do not hang if no status is available; return immediately. WUNTRACED Report status of stopped child process. The symbolic constants listed below are defined as possible values for the options argument to waitid(2). WEXITED Wait for processes that have exited. WSTOPPED Status is returned for any child that has stopped upon receipt of a signal. WCONTINUED Status is returned for any child that was stopped and has been continued. WNOHANG Return immediately if there are no children to wait for. WNOWAIT Keep the process whose status is returned in infop in a waitable state. The type idtype_t is defined as an enumeration type whose possible values include the following: P_ALL P_PID P_PGID The id_t and pid_t types are defined as described in <sys/types.h>. The siginfo_t type is defined as described in <signal.h>. The rusage structure is defined as described in <sys/resource.h>. Inclusion of the <sys/wait.h> header can also make visible all symbols from <signal.h> and <sys/resource.h>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exit(2), waitid(2), exit(3C), wait(3C), waitpid(3C),attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 wait.h(3HEAD)