Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: random script termination
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting random script termination Post 302214341 by fpmurphy on Sunday 13th of July 2008 12:19:13 PM
Old 07-13-2008
Next thing to check for is that you have the latest version of md5sum.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

random function script

hi, I need a command which picks the records randomly from the file. For example. i am having some 10000 entries in a file and need to extract the lines randomly without repeating the numbers. Do anybody have any idea on how to get this out. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash_b
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catching the termination of one script

Hi I have a Shell script that needs to execute a command at the End of the excursion of other script And I cant get a handel On the trap command. And that is if the trap command Is the proper way to go this is a extract of the script MYHOST=`hostname| cut -d. -f1` echo $MYHOST ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ex-Capsa
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

expect script for random password and random commands

Hi I am new to expect. Please if any one can help on my issue its really appreciable. here is my issue: I want expect script for random passwords and random commands generation. please can anyone help me? Many Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate random numbers in script

i want to generate a random number through a script, and even if anyone reads the script, they wont be able to figure out what the random number is. only the person who setup the script would know it. something like this could work: random the full thread is here: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat termination in script

So, I'm writing a shell script to help automate a process I'm doing. Basically I want to take input from the user for 2 variables, then create a file that consists of: Variable1,Variable2 Constant1 Constant2 .. Constant2000 then run an awk script. I'm pretty new to unix though, and so... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parrakarry
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to generate a file with random data. /dev/[u]random doesn't exist.

Need to use dd to generate a large file from a sample file of random data. This is because I don't have /dev/urandom. I create a named pipe then: dd if=mynamed.fifo do=myfile.fifo bs=1024 count=1024 but when I cat a file to the fifo that's 1024 random bytes: cat randomfile.txt >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random number generating script?

Having a hard time with this. Very new to scripting and linux. Spent all sunday trying to do this. Appreciate some help and maybe help breaking down what the syntax does. Create a Bash program. It should have the following properties • Creates a secret number between 1 and 100 i. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LINUXnoob15
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random script error with rndc

Hello coders, been running into an strange behavior into one of my script and i'm wondering if my code wouldn't be responsible. Bash on rhel 5.7 This is a basic check to see if bind is up and running on server. # rndc check INFO="Checking rndc" for DNS_SERVER in ${DNS_MASTER_SERVERS};... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that will random choose an IP address

Hi, I need to write a bash script that will random choose and login into these below ip addresses. 192.168.116.130 192.168.116.131 192.168.116.132 192.168.116.133 I'm new into scripting and I need to enhance my logic. Below is what i did ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Milon
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script termination without pressing Enter key[nohup]

I have a script in which we have used nohup. Once script is executed it will be terminated only when enter key is pressed. I want the script to be terminated without pressing enter key nohup imqbrokerd -name user_id port 2>1 1>$home_`date` & I am a newbie to shell, Kindly please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suganbabu
3 Replies
gst-md5sum-0.8(1)						   User Commands						 gst-md5sum-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-md5sum-0.8, gst-md5sum - get an md5sum of a GStreamer pipeline through md5sink SYNOPSIS
gst-md5sum-0.8 [--verbose] [gst-std-options] [partial-pipeline-description] gst-md5sum [--verbose] [gst-std-options] [partial-pipeline-description] [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-md5sum-0.8 generates MD5 checksums of the data generated by a GStreamer pipeline. In theory, both of the following commands should print out the same checksum: gst-md5sum-0.8 filesrc location=music.mp3 md5sum music.mp3 If the pipeline contains an md5sink element, gst-md5sum-0.8 queries it for the md5sum at the end of pipeline iteration. If the pipeline does not contain an md5sink element, gst-md5sum-0.8 automatically connects an md5sink to the right-hand side of the given pipeline. See gst-launch(1) or the GStreamer documentation for more information on how to create a partial-pipeline-description. gst-md5sum is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-md5sum-X.X. For example, if both gst-md5sum-0.7 and gst- md5sum-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-md5sum runs gst-md5sum-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-md5sum-0.8 and gst-md5sum: --verbose Output verbose information. You can also use -v to specify this option. gst-std-options Standard options available for use with most GStreamer applications. See gst-std-options(5) for more information. The following options are supported by gst-md5sum only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: partial-pipelinePartialppipeline description. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-md5sum --print /usr/bin/gst-md5sum-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-md5sum-0.8 Executable for GNOME help browser /usr/bin/gst-md5sum Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-md5sum-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-complete(1), gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst-typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3), gst-std-options(5) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-md5sum-0.8(1)