Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting adding a character in front of a line Post 302213884 by ROOZ on Friday 11th of July 2008 08:54:16 AM
Old 07-11-2008
thanks everyone,
it works just fine now. it was very helpful

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a character in the beginning of every line in a .dat file

How can i add a character(#) in the beginning of every line in a .dat file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cool Coder
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a word in front of a word of each line.

Adding a word in front of a word of each line.In that line only one word will be there. pl help:( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh Vellanki
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - adding a dynamic value to the front of a line

Hi Forum, Im trying to write some code to read a file, take a certain dynamic value and write it back to the file at the front of every line. For example, file.txt is: SIMPLE=HELLO CONFIDENTIAL=false SENDER=false REQUIRED=true FEEDBACK=false UPDATE=false REQUIRED=false MAPPING=true... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a special character at the end of the line

I used following to add * at the end of the line in file1. It adds * at the end but has a space before it for some lines but some other lines it adds exactly after the last character. How do I take out the space ? sed 's/$/*/' file1 > file2 example: contents of file1 : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How join line and add | in front

Hello, Did any one know how to use perl join line and add | in front Input--> timestamp=2009-11-10-04.55.20.829347; a; b; c; ddaa; timestamp=2009-11-10-04.55.20.829347; aa; bb; cc; Output--> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyday
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting newline in front of multi-character string

I'm working with a large file with multiple records, each record begins with ISA. The issue is, sometimes ISA is at the start of the line, sometimes it's in the middle of the line. So before I can csplit my main file into multiple records, I have to get each record header onto its own line. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for adding a word in front of all line in a file

Hi I've one file full of paths of certain files and I want to add some extra file words in front of all the paths. for eg: i have a file name test.txt which show some details only.. 024_hd/044/0344eng.txt 035_bv/222/editor.jpg here I want to add /usr/people/indiana/ infront of all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshp
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new line character

Hi All, i am taking end of records using tail command got the out is "END OF FILE. ROW COUNT: 10" and record count in the file is 3. while append the both data into test2.txt file,it's append like END OF FILE. ROW COUNT: 108 my output should be in the test2.txt file END OF FILE. ROW... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding end of line character in the last record

Need to add end of line character to last record in a fixed width file. When i take the record length of each line, for all the records it gives example like 200 except the last line as 199. Due to this my other script fails. Please help me on this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutha24
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a backslash in front of square brackets with sed

I'm trying to convert this line: to \ with sed. This is what I have so far: sed -e 's/\]*\)\]/\\\\\/' but this still gives me . Any suggestions? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: lehaste
15 Replies
copt(1) 							z88 Development Kit							   copt(1)

NAME
copt - peephole optimizer SYSNOPIS
copt file ... DESCRIPTION
copt is a general-purpose peephole optimizer. It reads code from its standard input and writes an improved version to its standard output. copy reads the named files for its optimizations, which are encoded as follows: <pattern for input line 1> <pattern for input line 2> ... <pattern for input line n> = <pattern for output line 1> <pattern for output line 2> ... <pattern for output line m> <blank line> Pattern matching uses literal string comparison, with one exception: ``%%'' matches the ``%'' character, and ``%'' followed by a digit matches everything up to the next occurrence of the next pattern character, though all occurrences of %n must denote the same string. For example, the pattern ``%1=%1.'' matches exactly those strings that begin with a string X, followed by a ``='' (the first), followed by a second occurrence of X, followed by a period. In this way, the input/output pattern mov $%1,r%2 mov *r%2,r%2 = mov %1,r%2 commands copt to replace runs like mov $_a,r3 mov *r3,r3 with mov _a,r3 Note that a tab or newline can terminate a %n variable. copt compares each run of input patterns with the current input instruction and its predecessors. If no match is found, it advances to the next input instruction and tries again. Otherwise, it replaces the input instructions with the corresponding output patterns, pattern vari- ables instantiated,and resumes its search with the first instruction of the replacement. copt matches input patterns in reverse order to cascade optimizations without backing up. BUGS
Errors in optimization files are always possible. SEE ALSO
z88dk(1), z88dk-zcc(1), z88dk-z80asm(1), z88dk-appmake(1), z88dk-copt(1). AUTHOR
z88dk was written by Dominic Morris <dom@z88dk.org>, and others. 01 December 2009 copt(1)