Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to parse an access-list Post 302213600 by philipz on Thursday 10th of July 2008 02:28:47 PM
Old 07-10-2008
Script to parse an access-list

Folks,

I have a textfile with the config of my router. Part of that config looks like this:

router config
ip access-list extended MyAccessList
remark this is my security rule
permit host 10.0.0.1 any
deny host 10.0.0.2 any
ip access-list extended YourAccessList
remark this is your security rule
permit host 192.168.0.1 any
deny host 192.168.0.2 any
router config

I want to script something that shows MyAccessList and all related entries (starting with remark/permit/deny).

So this should be the output:

ip access-list extended MyAccessList
remark this is my security rule
permit host 10.0.0.1 any
deny host 10.0.0.2 any

I have been thinking about combining grep and awk and a couple of other paths, but I don't even get close Smilie

Anyone an idea how to start something like this?

Much appreciated,

Philipz

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list of books I have access to

I have another question. I have access to the books listed below, however I know that not all of them are the lates and greatest and some are over 10 years old. So the question is are most of these books still a good idea to read. Or should I try and pick up the latest and greatest editions? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bru
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access Control List

Hey all, I have a directory (own by user: b; group: grpB) which I want a user (user: a; group: grpA) to be able to read and execute from, I wonder if I should add user a to this particular directory's ACL or that I would add group grpB to user a's subgroup? I would like to know the difference... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Command for access control list

Hi, I want to set access control list on folders but it should be recursively, any Idea? command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I get the list of files if I have root access?

Hi, I'm very new and dumb in linux. What I do is: I use putty to connect to the linux server. I use auth.komtels.ru as a connection line root and oP04Koh0 as a password port 6262, and SSH protocol now I need to get the list of the files, how could I do it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxbeginner
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a list of data to find the missin stats.

HI ALL, Thanks for helping me with my last post. :b: I have one more doubt, i want to parse a set of data. which is consisting of some values that occured in particular period of time. And when i parse down if there is a missing time period then it should show the two rows between which the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

6. Solaris

List users who have administrative access

Hi , Could you please give me the commands for the following. 1.list users who have direct access to solaris database at os-level 2.list users who have administrative access at os-level in solaris Please also let me know how to figure out these specific users i need from a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: James777
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a list @list by space delimiter so i can access it by using $list[0 ..1..2]

EDIT : This is for perl @data2 = grep(/$data/, @list_now); This gives me @data2 as Printing data2 11 testzone1 running /zones/testzone1 ***-*****-****-*****-***** native shared But I really cant access data2 by its individual elements. $data2 is the entire list, while $data,2,3...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriyer
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Parse a Web Server Access Log

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a parser for a web server access log that will provide the statistics outlined below. Remember to format your output in a neat form. You may complete this assignment with one Awk script or a shell script using a combination of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: codyhazelwood
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help parse comma separated list

I have a list of files with the same name, but they have a different date stamp in the name. I can find the first file, but I need to find the second file. I am using this information to create a variable I use later. Here is a example of how I find the first file. "ls -mr... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoMadBanker
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk script to parse list of bandwidth rules

Hello all gurus, I have a long list of rules as below: 20 name:abc addr:203.45.247.247/255.255.255.255 WDW-THRESH:12 BW-OUT:10000000bps BW-IN:15000000bps STATSDEVICE:test247 STATS:Enabled (4447794/0) <IN OUT> 25 name:xyz160 addr:203.45.233.160/255.255.255.224 STATSDEVICE:test160... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
3 Replies
ftphosts(4)							   File Formats 						       ftphosts(4)

NAME
ftphosts - FTP Server individual user host access file SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftphosts DESCRIPTION
The ftphosts file is used to allow or deny access to accounts from specified hosts. The following access capabilities are supported: allow username addrglob [addrglob...] Only allow users to login as username from host(s) that match addrglob. deny username addrglob [addrglob...] Do not allow users to login as username from host(s) that match addrglob. A username of * matches all users. A username of anonymous or ftp specifies the anonymous user. addrglob is a regular expression that is matched against hostnames or IP addresses. addrglob may also be in the form address:netmask or address/CIDR, or be the name of a file that starts with a slash ('/') and contains additional address globs. An exclamation mark (`!') placed before the addrglob negates the test. The first allow or deny entry in the ftphosts file that matches a username and host is used. If no entry exists for a username, then access is allowed. Otherwise, a matching allow entry is required to permit access. EXAMPLES
You can use the following ftphosts file to allow anonymous access from any host except those on the class A network 10, with the exception of 10.0.0.* IP addresses, which are allowed access: allow ftp 10.0.0.* deny ftp 10.*.*.* allow ftp * 10.0.0.* can be written as 10.0.0.0:255.255.255.0 or 10.0.0.0/24. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftphosts ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftphosts(4)