Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris netstat. Newbie.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris netstat. Newbie. Post 302213530 by gwhelan on Thursday 10th of July 2008 10:08:11 AM
Old 07-10-2008
Power

Thanks Zaxxon.

I do know about the lsof command but unfortunately it is not installed on this server. Nor will I be allowed to install it without a moutain of paperwork. I used vmstat to monitor the system and the fundamentals seem to be ok. I'm using prstat 1 to look at the processes which are hogging cpu.

I will ask the oracle DBA's about monitoring tools and if they have used them before. I was just looking for an ip address so I could then get a username and ask them if they were running anything that required a lot of processing power. The system is back to normal now as we found the culprits. Thanks for your reply.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie on Solaris 8

Hello everyone, I just installed Solaris 8 on an intel machine. I am having problems with the network adapter which is not being recognized by the device configuration asistant despite it being listed in the Solaris 8 Hardware Compatibility list. This card is a Linksys LNE100TX and it is the only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdevarie
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris - Newbie need help

Hi everybody. Sorry my English, first. Im a Solaris newbie. I want to learn Solaris. I've a Solaris 9 CD. I try to setup into my PC (Dell, PIV 2.8GHz, RAM 256Mb, HDD 40Gb), but it can't boot from the CD? What will I do to make it bootable and start the installation. Please tell me the format of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imyourfriend
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris newbie, need help

Hello, I am a newbie to both solaris and unix (thought i would jump right into the deep end) anyway... I am having something of a hardware issue. My sun blade 2500 has two graphics cards, a sound card (pci) and an internal speaker. After installation, it has used the worse of both. I have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: GeekMasterFlash
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Newbie questions...

Hello everyone, I am brand spanking new to both Solaris and Unix. I thought I would give it a go after buying a SB2500 off ebay for a few hundred dollars. I am having some issues that I am not sure how to correct, and I am wondering if I can get a few pointers? The first one is that my system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GeekMasterFlash
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Newbie - I just want a minimal install

I'm coming from BSD/Linux where I went from having to install gnome to now running *nix boxes with just the CLI. I love it but now I want to try my hand at solaris. I'm installing solaris 10 in a VM but I am kinda shocked at the install size. I would do the "core" option but I dont know if I'll... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdotsen
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Newbie for solaris 10 and zfs

I have a Sun T2000 machines and require to reinstall the OS (Solaris 10 05/09). During installation, it prompts me about using UFS/ZFS and I'd chosen ZFS and choose to separate /root and /var. After installation, it displays the following: Filesystem kbytes used avail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donaldfung
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Server on solaris (newbie)

Hello to all, My company has installed CW LMS 3 on a Solaris 10 server. I want to configure the system as a mail server, so that it sends an e-mail when a network incident occurs. I have created a user account and I have configured Thunderbird Mozilla to retrieve the e-mails. I have configured... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kadar
0 Replies

8. Solaris

'netstat' info on Solaris

Hello All I just wanted to know if on solaris ,below two commands need to be run separately unlike AIX where "/usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet " gives tcp as well as udp info. /usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet -P tcp /usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet -P udp Also is there any way i can make these two... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
10 Replies

9. Solaris

newbie - learn Solaris 10 or 11?

Hello, I looking for becoming a Solaris system administrator. Background: I consider myself an entry-level Linux system administrator. I don't know if I start my studies with Solaris 10 or 11. Maybe Solaris 11 because it's the new thing and the future, and Solaris 10 because since Solaris is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: albertoridolfi
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Newbie to Solaris needs HELP!!!

Hello there, Am new to Solaris and want to find out what textbooks you can recommend me as a first time user? I have read the Sun Certified System Administrator for Solaris 10 Study Guide (Exams 310-200 & 310-202) by Paul Sanghera but other people say its outdated and not a good book. I also have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: runell
3 Replies
dbus-monitor(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   dbus-monitor(1)

NAME
dbus-monitor - debug probe to print message bus messages SYNOPSIS
dbus-monitor [--system | --session] [--profile | --monitor] [watch expressions] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-monitor command is used to monitor messages going through a D-Bus message bus. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about the big picture. There are two well-known message buses: the systemwide message bus (installed on many systems as the "messagebus" service) and the per- user-login-session message bus (started each time a user logs in). The --system and --session options direct dbus-monitor to monitor the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor monitors the session bus. dbus-monitor has two different output modes, the 'classic'-style monitoring mode and profiling mode. The profiling format is a compact for- mat with a single line per message and microsecond-resolution timing information. The --profile and --monitor options select the profiling and monitoring output format respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor uses the monitoring output format. In order to get dbus-monitor to see the messages you are interested in, you should specify a set of watch expressions as you would expect to be passed to the dbus_bus_add_watch function. The message bus configuration may keep dbus-monitor from seeing all messages, especially if you run the monitor as a non-root user. OPTIONS
--system Monitor the system message bus. --session Monitor the session message bus. (This is the default.) --profile Use the profiling output format. --monitor Use the monitoring output format. (This is the default.) EXAMPLE
Here is an example of using dbus-monitor to watch for the gnome typing monitor to say things dbus-monitor "type='signal',sender='org.gnome.TypingMonitor',interface='org.gnome.TypingMonitor'" AUTHOR
dbus-monitor was written by Philip Blundell. The profiling output mode was added by Olli Salli. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-monitor(1)