Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting GUI possible in shell script..? Post 302213497 by nua7 on Thursday 10th of July 2008 08:44:53 AM
Old 07-10-2008
GUI possible in shell script..?

Hi All,
Currently my requirement is to parse through the log scripts and show the errors to the user.The only twist I got is it needs some GUI ,which is considered user friendly.

Does anyone has any idea , if GUI can be implemented through shell scripts, please let me know.

Thanks!
nua7

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Controlling GUI from Shell Script

Hi Everybody, I previously posted this under Unix for dummies and got no answers, so here goes again: I'm trying to create a script that will launch firefox from a bash shell in ubuntu and perform certain tasks. Why does it have to be a script? Because this firefox must eventually run in a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rummage_bin
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Controlling GUI from Shell Script

Hi Everybody, I'm trying to create a script that will launch firefox from a bash shell in ubuntu and perform certain tasks. Why does it have to be a script? Because this firefox must eventually run in a server with xvfb (no gnome, no kde), so I will not have access to it through the GUI. At... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rummage_bin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI shell script for Linux

Hi, I want to write shell script file that have a GUI with multiple input box for user entry , i mean multiple input box in one dialog ( window) not one window for each entry , i tried kdialog , and zenity , i didnt find a way to have multiple input box in one window with zenity and kdialog.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_aliagha
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interfacing a shell script with Perl Tk GUI

I want to make a GUI in perl tk where I can give some user input. This user input is the command line argument for a shell script. After giving the input parameters I want the user to press a button and the shell script should start executing. How should i interface the shell script with the GUI? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create A Simple GUI For Shell Script

Hi all! Im wondering if its possible to create a GUI for a shell script I just got done writing as the people that will be using it dont like the command line all to well. Just something simple with radio buttons to select options, maybe a text field to enter a location to save the file generated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

gui based appliocation using shell script

hi, i've to write a shript based application which should gives a look and feel like a GUI. can any one give me a base idea on how to design a GUI based application using shell script. Regards, vijay:b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI Shell Script Mac OS X - Working Directory

Hi. I'm pretty new to shell scripting. All I want to do is have a simple shell script that opens a python script from the GUI i.e. when I double click the shell script it will launch the python file. However when I try to do this it looks for the python file in my home directory, I have tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatg
1 Replies

9. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script and Progress Bar or GUI Wrapper

Hi, I have shell script that I am running under Ubuntu as root. Is it possible to hide the command window and show the user some sort of progress /random progress bar / or other form of GUI interaction? On MAC, I have been using Platypus but on Ubuntu I am not sure what to do. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveedanwar4u
4 Replies
FIRESTARTER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FIRESTARTER(8)

NAME
firestarter - program to manage and observe firewalls SYNOPSIS
firestarter [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the firestarter command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in html format (see below). firestarter is a GNOME program that will help you in configuring and monitoring a GNU/Linux firewall using either ipchains or iptables. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --generate-scripts Generate firewall scripts from current configuration. If firestarter is updated and you don't want to run the GUI, the scripts in /etc/firestarter are not up-to-date. So you have to run firestarter with this option to update the scripts. -h, --help Show summary of options. --lock Lock the firewall, blocking all traffic. -p, --stop Stop the firewall. -s, --start Start the firewall. --start-hidden Start firestarter with the GUI not visible. -v, --version Show version of program. SEE ALSO
This program is fully documented in http://www.fs-security.com/docs/. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ryan M. Golbeck <rmgolbeck@debian.org> and later revised by Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> and Yann Ver- ley <yann.verley@free.fr> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). November 26, 2004 FIRESTARTER(8)