Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris netstat. Newbie.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris netstat. Newbie. Post 302213456 by gwhelan on Thursday 10th of July 2008 06:38:24 AM
Old 07-10-2008
Solaris netstat. Newbie.

Hi,

I currently have two processes running on my Solaris server that are hogging the cpu. I am confident that these two processes are caused by remote users logged into the oracle database on the server.

What I need to know is how to get the corresponding ip address associated with the process ID's of the two processes. I'm guessing the netstat command must be involved here? Thanks for your help.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie on Solaris 8

Hello everyone, I just installed Solaris 8 on an intel machine. I am having problems with the network adapter which is not being recognized by the device configuration asistant despite it being listed in the Solaris 8 Hardware Compatibility list. This card is a Linksys LNE100TX and it is the only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdevarie
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris - Newbie need help

Hi everybody. Sorry my English, first. Im a Solaris newbie. I want to learn Solaris. I've a Solaris 9 CD. I try to setup into my PC (Dell, PIV 2.8GHz, RAM 256Mb, HDD 40Gb), but it can't boot from the CD? What will I do to make it bootable and start the installation. Please tell me the format of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imyourfriend
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris newbie, need help

Hello, I am a newbie to both solaris and unix (thought i would jump right into the deep end) anyway... I am having something of a hardware issue. My sun blade 2500 has two graphics cards, a sound card (pci) and an internal speaker. After installation, it has used the worse of both. I have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: GeekMasterFlash
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Newbie questions...

Hello everyone, I am brand spanking new to both Solaris and Unix. I thought I would give it a go after buying a SB2500 off ebay for a few hundred dollars. I am having some issues that I am not sure how to correct, and I am wondering if I can get a few pointers? The first one is that my system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GeekMasterFlash
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Newbie - I just want a minimal install

I'm coming from BSD/Linux where I went from having to install gnome to now running *nix boxes with just the CLI. I love it but now I want to try my hand at solaris. I'm installing solaris 10 in a VM but I am kinda shocked at the install size. I would do the "core" option but I dont know if I'll... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdotsen
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Newbie for solaris 10 and zfs

I have a Sun T2000 machines and require to reinstall the OS (Solaris 10 05/09). During installation, it prompts me about using UFS/ZFS and I'd chosen ZFS and choose to separate /root and /var. After installation, it displays the following: Filesystem kbytes used avail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donaldfung
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Server on solaris (newbie)

Hello to all, My company has installed CW LMS 3 on a Solaris 10 server. I want to configure the system as a mail server, so that it sends an e-mail when a network incident occurs. I have created a user account and I have configured Thunderbird Mozilla to retrieve the e-mails. I have configured... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kadar
0 Replies

8. Solaris

'netstat' info on Solaris

Hello All I just wanted to know if on solaris ,below two commands need to be run separately unlike AIX where "/usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet " gives tcp as well as udp info. /usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet -P tcp /usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet -P udp Also is there any way i can make these two... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
10 Replies

9. Solaris

newbie - learn Solaris 10 or 11?

Hello, I looking for becoming a Solaris system administrator. Background: I consider myself an entry-level Linux system administrator. I don't know if I start my studies with Solaris 10 or 11. Maybe Solaris 11 because it's the new thing and the future, and Solaris 10 because since Solaris is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: albertoridolfi
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Newbie to Solaris needs HELP!!!

Hello there, Am new to Solaris and want to find out what textbooks you can recommend me as a first time user? I have read the Sun Certified System Administrator for Solaris 10 Study Guide (Exams 310-200 & 310-202) by Paul Sanghera but other people say its outdated and not a good book. I also have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: runell
3 Replies
BOS_RESTART(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BOS_RESTART(8)

NAME
       bos_restart - Restarts a server process

SYNOPSIS
       bos restart -server <machine name> [-instance <instances>+]
	   [-bosserver] [-all] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth]
	   [-localauth] [-help]

bos res -s <machine name> [-i <instances>+] [-b]
	   [-a] [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The bos restart command stops and immediately restarts server processes on the server machine named by the -server argument. Indicate which
       process or processes to restart by providing one of the following arguments:

o   The -instance argument names each AFS server process to stop and restart immediately, regardless of its status flag in the
	   /etc/openafs/BosConfig file. Do not include bosserver in the list of processes; use the -bosserver flag instead.

o   The -bosserver flag stops all AFS server processes running on the machine, including the BOS Server. A new BOS Server starts
	   immediately, and it starts a new instance of each process that is marked with the "Run" status flag in the BosConfig file.

o   The -all flag stops all AFS server processes running on the machine, except the BOS Server, and immediately restarts the processes that
	   are marked with the "Run" status flag in the BosConfig file.

This command does not change a process's status flag in the BosConfig file.

OPTIONS
       -server <machine name>
	   Indicates the server machine on which to restart each process.  Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-
	   qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8).

-instance <instances>+
	   Names each process to stop and then restart immediately regardless of its status flag setting. Use the process name assigned with the
	   -instance argument to the bos create command. The output from the bos status command lists the names. Provide this flag or one of the
	   -bosserver or -all options, but do not combine them.

-bosserver
	   Stops all AFS server processes running on the machine, including the BOS Server. A new BOS Server instance immediately starts, and
	   starts all processes marked with the "Run" status flag in the BosConfig file. Provide this flag or one of the -instance or -all
	   options, but do not combine them.

-all
	   Stops all AFS server processes running on the machine other than the BOS Server, and immediately restarts the processes marked with the
	   Run status flag in the BosConfig file. Provide this flag or one of the -instance or -bosserver options, but do not combine them.

-cell <cell name>
	   Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8).

-noauth
	   Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see
	   bos(8).

-localauth
	   Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket
	   to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see
	   bos(8).

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

EXAMPLES
       The following command stops and restarts all processes running on the machine "fs3.abc.com", including the BOS Server.

% bos restart -server fs3.abc.com -bosserver

The following command stops and restarts all processes running on the machine "fs5.abc.com", excluding the BOS Server.

% bos restart -server fs5.abc.com -all

The following command stops and restarts the Protection Server and Volume Location (VL) Server processes on the machine "db3.abc.com":

% bos restart -server db3.abc.com -instance ptserver vlserver

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a
       server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included.

SEE ALSO
       BosConfig(5), KeyFile(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_create(8), bos_status(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							    BOS_RESTART(8)