Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cannot create
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cannot create Post 302212892 by joeyg on Tuesday 8th of July 2008 05:11:21 PM
Old 07-08-2008
Question why the braces {..}?

why not the following?

Code:
v_log_loc="$APPLCSF/log"; export v_log_loc
v_logfile="$p_po_requestid"_LOG; export v_logfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to create new a/c that ...

how to create a new a/c and use it for webhosting such as my domain is blah.com and i wanan host blah.com on that a/c :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irwan
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do I create desktop icons for the shell programs I create???

I am a bash shell programmer and I create programs on occasional basis. Now, I dont want my programs to be run by typing out its name at a command line. I want to make it as user friendly as possible. I want to create icons on the desktop so users can click on it. mind you, I said "desktop... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Create a fs

hello sorry but i'm beginning with solaris (i use Aix) How can I create a new filesystem with solaris 9 ? (and define the size ). I find newfs and mkfs but i don't know how use it Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Icon

Dear Gurus, I have a question. I have juz created an icon for my user. When I try to run the application (ie double-click) there are nothing being activated. This is the content of the TEST_APP.dt ACTION TEST_APP { LABEL TEST_APP TYPE COMMAND ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
0 Replies

5. Solaris

how to create

Hi, I am new to solaris10. I want to add a user without prompting for any password, while logging to his machine Can someone tell me how to do that??? Thiru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

how to create a Filesystem

Hi everybody, I work with UNIX-AIX OS, I have to install db2 connect , somebody could explain to me how to create a Filesystem?, user, group, and password? ( I read a little and I know there many types of Filesystems) I have no idea how to do it, Linux version 2.6.18-92.el5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lauelmar
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to create user?

Hi, Quick question. How to create user in Unix after they login at the first time then they need to change password. Thanks in Advance :):) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
5 Replies

9. AIX

Do i create a new lv ?

Currently directory /home/apps/fs_1 on both servers A and B is mounted on /dev/hd1. I am assuming it should have separate filesystem, with its own lv as fs_1_lv to which /home/apps/fs_1 should be mounted, am I correct ? For Example: Server A: Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)