Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: red hat 4 crash
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat red hat 4 crash Post 302212859 by anindra on Tuesday 8th of July 2008 02:47:29 PM
Old 07-08-2008
Under Linux core dump doesn't get generated by default when a system crashes, unlike solaris. You have to configure either of netdump, diskdump or kdump in order to get the core or vmcore. Look at redhat.com | Red Hat Support for details on configuring netdump.

Regards,
A.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2.....

I just installed red hat 7.2 on my laptop. it's dual booted with xp and red hat. when i boot in to linux it boots up to the screen to ask me my name and pass....i put in root and my password. after this it goes to a blue screen and sits there. the after about 2 minutes it comes up with a fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzscman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xmms Crash in Red Hat 8

I have a 500mhz K6 that I'm running Red Hat 8 on. I use xmms for all my music media playing purposes, but There seems to be an issue between xmms and volume control. Every now and then when I adjust the volume through aumix xmms freezes up and sends the sound into a runaway loop that I cant seem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djtrippin
2 Replies

3. Linux

Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 9 help

please help me how to install softwares in linux.i have a ethernet internet connection.i try to open the site on LAN to download internet client.but i cannot as our lan supports only internet explorer....i downloaded the linux client by booting thru XP......but i cannot c my NTFS partition thru... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhit143
0 Replies

5. Linux

red hat ee 2.6.9-42

hello. I would be greatfull if someone could tell me how will i see what dns server and gateway my red hat server uses. I tryied to find out by typing ifconfig command but i got : -bash: ifconfig: command not found , although man ifonconfig gives output with info about using that command. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

6. Linux

crash dump server for red hat ent 4

Is it true that you can't have the crash dump server/client on the same server? I know I've installed Nagios open source before, I though it's only for that kind of thing. I never though that Red hat ent 4 would be like client/server on the crash dump. if someone is having problem with high... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Red Hat E 3

I'm am working with a Red Hat Enterprise 3 server. This is a dedicated server that is supposedly dedicated to one domain, but I have been tasked with trying to figure out if there are files on this system that are being accessed by other IP's. Does anyone know if how I would go about finding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisPlusPlus
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Red-hat

Hello, How do I see what IP addresses are connected to my machine? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonomao
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies
Bio::Graphics::Glyph::hat(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Bio::Graphics::Glyph::hat(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Graphics::Glyph::hat - The "hat" glyph SYNOPSIS
See L<Bio::Graphics::Panel> and L<Bio::Graphics::Glyph>. DESCRIPTION
This glyph draws an inverted V parallel to the sequence segment. It is different from other glyphs in that it is designed to work with DAS tracks. The inverted V is drawn BETWEEN subparts as if you specified a connector type of "hat". OPTIONS This glyph takes only the standard options. See Bio::Graphics::Glyph for a full explanation. Option Description Default ------ ----------- ------- -fgcolor Foreground color black -outlinecolor Synonym for -fgcolor -bgcolor Background color turquoise -fillcolor Synonym for -bgcolor -linewidth Line width 1 -height Height of glyph 10 -font Glyph font gdSmallFont -connector Connector type 0 (false) -connector_color Connector color black -label Whether to draw a label 0 (false) -description Whether to draw a description 0 (false) -strand_arrow Whether to indicate 0 (false) strandedness -hilite Highlight color undef (no color) BUGS
Please report them. SEE ALSO
Bio::Graphics::Panel, Bio::Graphics::Glyph, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::cds, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::crossbox, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::diamond, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dna, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dot, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::ellipse, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::extending_arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::generic, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::graded_segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::heterogeneous_segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::line, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::pinsertion, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::primers, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::rndrect, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::ruler_arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::toomany, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::transcript, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::transcript2, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::translation, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::triangle, Bio::DB::GFF, Bio::SeqI, Bio::SeqFeatureI, Bio::Das, GD AUTHOR
Allen Day <day@cshl.org>. Copyright (c) 2001 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-20 Bio::Graphics::Glyph::hat(3pm)