Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Interpretion problem. Plz Help me guys. Post 302212585 by anushree.a on Tuesday 8th of July 2008 12:34:12 AM
Old 07-08-2008
Interpretion problem. Plz Help me guys.

Hey friends, below mentioned script is giving me proper o/p which can be “1” or “2”

echo select status_ac from db_acct where acct_num='$1'" | dbaccess elstest

Now I want to interpret the o/p as follows.
If o/p is 1 then “YES
If o/p is 2 then “No
And to do this I have modified above script to:-

select status_ac,
case
when status_ac ="1" then 'Review status is: YES'
when status_ac ="2" then 'Review status is: NO'
end
from db_acct
where acct_num='$1'"

SmilieNow its not returning any value...

Is it possible to interpret as I want? I am new to scripts. Please help.

Thanx in advance

Anushree

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiboot problem Help plz??

I have installed Win98 OS .......1st then RH7.2 with GRUB bootloader okay i.e in the Grub there is two choices 1-Linux 2-Dos also I install bootloader of linux in MBR -master boot record- when select Linux an error : ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
6 Replies

3. Linux

Mandrake 8.00 installation/Booting problem...Plz Help

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have a problem with Mandrake 8.00; i have installed it on my old PC with no problems (none mentioned) but on re-booting after the installation it just hangs after listing the devices: Hard Disk, CD-ROM & Floppy A. I have installed it on Packard Bell with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybella1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script problem ..Plz help ASAP

Hi folks, I have written down a UNIX script which actually FTP the file to other server. What is happening now , this script is not working only for 1 server , as it is working for 32 different FTP server . In this particular server , we are getting message “FTp:550 access denied”... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan1978
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem while getting the response back..plz help

Hi ALL: I am not able to get the response back from weblogic in the shell script. The weblogic server in different account. I am able to login to that account and bring the server up but while doing a ping, the script is failing. While the same script is running fine if I run it on the account... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: splax
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

have a problem with if elif loop .. plz help me with the script

count2=0 var2=NOT if then echo"Loop1" command="egrep ',$var1," if then echo "the command is OR" command=$command"|,$var3," echo "$command" elif then command=$command"| egrep ',$var3," else ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syms
4 Replies

7. Linux

Output formatting problem..Plz hlp

Hi guys, It will be a great help if somebody can help me in following problem. I have tried hard but because of lack of UNIX/LINUX knowledge I am not able to do it. I have written a script that returns 3 things of all the employees in my organisation. i.e. Name, Login time & log out time of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

File opening prob. plz assist guys

Hi friends, this problem is pretty similar to the thread that i have generated earlier. If the TXT file that i have opened using "cat" is huge then my putty can only show me last few lines. Similarly if i use "more" command to open a huge TXT file then it asks to press any key to scroll up the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz, i wait your help, AWK problem

I have tracefile of three nodes (0 , 1 and 2 ) as follows: + 0.02 0 1 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 2.0 0 0 - 0.02 0 1 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 2.0 0 0 + 0.02 2 1 tcp 40 ------- 2 2.1 0.1 0 1 - 0.02 2 1 tcp 40 ------- 2 2.1 0.1 0 1 r 0.025032 0 1 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 2.0 0 0 + 0.025032 1 2 tcp 40 -------... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASAADAOUI
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A lil help for my problem guys SELECT

i need to create a script using the patterns below. im not good in script writing so i need your help guys.. i thing i can use SELECT here but dont really know how to start. 1. Create a script named exercise1.sh that will generate a menu with the following items: a. Current Logins b. Last... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JONATHAN0919
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)