Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: increase/decrease filesystem
Operating Systems Solaris increase/decrease filesystem Post 302212578 by itik on Tuesday 8th of July 2008 12:02:42 AM
Old 07-08-2008
that is complicated, I don't have time to play with this.

On single user mode, can i umount /var and then recreate this to a bigger new slice? I might have to move some filesystem on root to be on another slice too.

any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

What is the command to increase filesystem on solaris

I wanted to know what is the process or command to increase a filesystem on solaris. For example the /tmp directory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: strikelit
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to increase the filesystem size?

Hi.. I want to increase the file system size of any filesystem online, without using the Volume manager like LVMs, is it possible? & if yes then how? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to increase the filesystem size in HACMP

How to increase the filesystem size in HACMP. what is the difference between normal chfs command and increase the filesystem size in HACMP. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to increase or decrease inode number of the particular UFS filesystem

Hi Gurus I want to know the command & tips regarding, how to increase or decrease inode number of the particular ufs filesystem. Is it possible to do it in a live/production environment. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

5. Fedora

How to increase/Decrease Local Virtual consoles?

I m tring to figure out the option where i can increase/Decrease the count for local virtual consoles(vtys). I can able to take upto 6 vtys using (left alt+(F1-F6)) But is there any way i can increase the count ? One more query even though i can only take tty upto tty6 why there are tty... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

increase/decrease multiple numbers in a filename.

I got a game that output map tiles of the session with the 0,0 position at the place you login/spawn. That makes making a map somewhat troublesome since the 0,0 will move. So I've been looking for a way to change the numbers in the filenames of all files in a folder by a certain value. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravenholdt
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Increase the filesystem size

Hi I am using oracle linux 6.4. My hard drive capacity is 500 GB. my filesystem size onbly 50GB. I would like to extend my filesystem size to around 100GB. I tried many codes but still I am not able. this is the output of df -h : Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: farshad
6 Replies

8. AIX

Increase filesystem and or logical volume

Hi all, Do i need to increase the logical volume each time i increase the filesystem? or is enough to increase the filesystem and the logical volume get increase automatically? extendlv hd4 1 chfs -a size=2G /tmp or just chfs -a size=2G /tmp Code tags! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
4 Replies

9. AIX

Increase filesystem size AIX 5.3

I an trying to increase the file size on an AIX 5.3 box. I think i am missing the correct syntax for the command. Here is was i am trying on a test box # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: 0000bd8b00004c00000 0010d8ed7a76e VG STATE: active ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
3 Replies

10. AIX

[ASK] decrease/shrink the size of filesystem

Hello, I would like to reduce the size of filesystem online. We can do online for increase without any problem. So any risk can be occurred with the decrease? This is not an issue, just a discussion for decrease/shrink space with chfs command. My AIX system is version 6.1 and the filesystem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
2 Replies
nfs3_max_transfer_size(5)					File Formats Manual					 nfs3_max_transfer_size(5)

NAME
nfs3_max_transfer_size - control the data portion size of a NFS version 3 read, write, readdir, or readdirplus request VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values A warning will be issued at runtime if the tunable is set to a value greater than 1048576 since this is outside the tested limits. This is not a serious warning but just an information message for the administrator. DESCRIPTION
controls the maximum size of the data portion of a NFS version 3 read, write, readdir, or readdirplus request. This parameter controls both the maximum size of a request that the server returns as well as the maximum size of a request that the client generates. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Distributed file system administrators should examine this value if they want to decrease or increase the default size of a NFS packet. Restrictions on Changing The tunable is dynamic; however, the transfer size for a file system is set when the file system is mounted. To affect a particular file system, unmount and mount the file system after changing this parameter. The actual NFS version 3 transfer size is controlled by these tunable parameters: and The actual transfer size will depend on the tunable with the smallest value. For NFS version 3 TCP traffic increase and to the same value to increase the transfer size. To decrease the trans- fer size, just changing is sufficient. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? An increase in the transfer size will result in fewer requests to the NFS server at the expense of system resources on both the NFS client and NFS server. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? Setting the limit too large might result in errors from UDP and communication problems between the client and the server. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? In the event of NFS communication failures, the value should be changed back to the default value. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? An increase in NFS version 3 network traffic caused by an increase in the number of I/O requests. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
kctune(1M), sam(1M), gettune(2), settune(2), nfs3_bsize(5), nfs3_max_transfer_size_cots(5), values(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters nfs3_max_transfer_size(5)