Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to bring a disk from error to online state. Post 302211936 by younus_syed on Saturday 5th of July 2008 09:01:12 AM
Old 07-05-2008
Thanks for your replay.

I dont have any disk group and SAN. I am using Intel P3-1GHz,512 and two Hard disks (40gb and 20gb). In 40gb i have installed Solaris 10(2005) and Storage Foundation's Veritas Volume Manager 5.0. 20gb hard disk is empty. How can i bring 20gb into cds format.?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

unable to bring up any interface

I have Linux 7.1 setup on a Dell and am unable to bring up any interfaces. Both the lo and eth0 fail upon boot up and I get a insmod error possibly due to bad irq or IO setting. If I disable eth0 upon boot, then lo works fine, but offcourse I get the "delaying initialization" upon boot for eth0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alam
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to bring up Sun OS

The last thing I did was set REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE to EXCLUSIVE. Then rebooted server. Since that time I have not been able to login. During bootup it can't find root and generates alot of errors. Does anybody know of a default login and password that will allow me to log in and rebuild the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayewil
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Information About Solid State Disk in Linux

Hello, I have few HDD and SSD installed in my RHEL 5 server. I want to know which disk are SDD and which are HDD. What command should I use? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
3 Replies

4. Linux

Please Guide to bring my Server online

Hi Guys, I want to bring my server live. I have Static public IP Address 123.99.88.77 (Say) and also I have also registered a domain name say(live server23.com) the domain name providers have also given me the control panel with DNS management settings. I have gateway 192.168.1.1 Now My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

5. Solaris

DNS service is in maintenance mode. How to bring it back to online mode?

:confused: when i tried to look the status of DNS-client, it is in maintenance mode..... Please tell me how to bring it back to online mode...PLEASE TELL ME STEP BY STEP.... PLEASE... :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to bring iscsitgt service to online

this is samiulla in my vmware solaris 11 i installed iscsitgt pakage but it goes to maintenance and i am unable to bring into online with svcadm clear iscsitgt how can i forcefully online iscsitgt service. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samiulla
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to catch the redirection error when the disk is full

Hi Experts, Problem summary : I am facing the below problem on huge files when the disk is getting full on the half way through the execution. If the disk was already full , the commands fail & everything is fine. Sample Code : head_rec_data_file=`head -1 sample_file.txt` cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pruthviraj_shiv
9 Replies

8. AIX

Power HA 6.1 Bring Resource group online issue

Hi all, I have the following in hacmp.out for bringing Resource group online. Volume groups themselves are Enhanced-Capable and on each node I can varyon and mount filesystems. +main1_rg_01:cl_activate_vgs STATUS=0 +main1_rg_01:cl_activate_vgs typeset -li STATUS +main1_rg_01:cl_activate_vgs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OdilPVC
2 Replies
vxreattach(1M)															    vxreattach(1M)

NAME
vxreattach - reattach disk drives that have once again become accessible SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxreattach [-br ] [accessname...] /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach -c accessname DESCRIPTION
The vxreattach utility reattaches disks to the disk group they were in and retains the same media name. This operation may be necessary if a disk has a transient failure, or if Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) starts with some disk drivers unloaded and unloadable. Disks then enter the failed state. If the problem is fixed, vxreattach may be able to reattach the disks without plexes being flagged as stale, as long as the reattach happens before any volumes on the disk are started. vxreattach tries to find a disk in the same disk group with the same disk ID for the disk(s) to be reattached. The reattach operation may fail even after finding the disk with the matching disk ID if the original cause (or some other cause) for the disk failure still exists. vxreattach is usually invoked by vxdiskadm when performing disk recovery. It is not intended to be run directly by an administrator. OPTIONS
-b Performs the reattach operation in the background. -c Checks if a reattach is possible. No operation is performed, but the name of the disk group and disk media name at which the disk can be reattached is displayed. -r Tries to recover stale plexes of any volumes on the failed disk. It does this by calling vxrecover. EXIT CODES
A zero exit status is returned if the reattach is performed; non-zero is returned otherwise. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. EXAMPLES
Check if reattachment of disk c1t2d0 is possible: /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach -c c1t2d0 If reattachment is possible, vxreattach returns with an exit status of 0 and displays the disk group name and disk media name. If reat- tachment is not possible, vxreattach returns an exit status of 2 and displays an error. Attempt to reattach the disk in the foreground and try to recover stale plexes of any volumes on the disk: /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach -r c1t2d0 If the reattachment is successful, vxreattach returns an exit status of 0. Otherwise, if an error occurs, vxreattach returns a non-zero exit code as defined on vxintro(1M). FILES
/etc/default/vxplex Standard defaults file that can be used to determine whether FastResync is used when attaching plexes. See vxplex(1M) for details. SEE ALSO
vxdiskadm(1M), vxintro(1M), vxplex(1M), vxrecover(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxreattach(1M)