Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sorting cksum output.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sorting cksum output. Post 302211785 by Stin on Friday 4th of July 2008 09:45:00 AM
Old 07-04-2008
OK. This works:

$ cd /some /random/directory
$ find * -type f -exec cksum {}; | sort -k 3 | sed 's/\.\///' > filename

This gives the sorted cksum output into a file.

Paste the release note cksums into a file then:

$ more release_note.cksum | sort -k 3 | sed 's/\.\///' > release_note_sorted

Compare the 2 sorted files:

$ diff -w filename release_note_sorted

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting output

hi, I get an output like uid=user1 gecos=user uid=user2 gecos=admin gecos=sol admin uid=user3 uid=user4 gecos=sol, admin and need it modified to: uid=user1 gecos=user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting/Filed Defining/Output problem

need a little help with a few tid bits. I wrote a script that checks the resoluion of image files and writes them out to a file then sorts the resolutions by largets Width. Then take the sorted files information and toss all the 835 widths into a seperate file. Ignore the redundancies its a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TiredOrangeCat
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using cksum

hi, I am trying to use the cksum feature in unix. when i make a call to it i get returned something along the lines of: 4603435 14 file3 how do i get the first part of this response only; i.e: 4603435 I'm trying to use at a way without the use of sed and creating temp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leeRoberts2007
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Needed with Sorting Output

Hi all, I'm using Solaris 10, and need help in sorting the below output from the syslog file in descending rather than ascending order. I would like both the hostname and message columns to be sorted, but right now only the message is sorted and the count column, whose order I would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wthomas
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Sorting top command output in HP_UX 11.11

Hello all, I've been woking on Solaris and Linux (Red Hat) so far but now I've inherited an HP-UX system and having minor issues with syntax...Appreciate if you could help me out here.. 1) I'm trying to sort the output of the top command in HP-UX 11.11 by pressing O (capital O) after typing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting awk array output?

Hi all, I have a script which produces a nice table but I want to sort it on column 3. This is the output line in the script: # Output { FS = ":"; format = "%11s %6s %-16s\n"; prinft "\n" printf ( format, "Size","Count","Who" ) } for (i in... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cowardly
21 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting output of echo

can someone please tell me who to sort the numerical output of echo? UIO="8180 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 48240 48240 48240 48240 48240 48240 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 48300 0 0 0 48300" echo $UIO | sort -n This doesn't workk. it does not sort the numbers from smallest to highest. any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting output of AWK array

I need help to sort the output of an awk array Example datadata="1 blue 2 green 3 blue 4 yellow 5 blue 6 red 7 yellow 8 red 9 yellow 10 yellow 11 green 12 orange 13 black" My awk line to get output in one lineecho "$data" | awk ' {arr++; next} END { for (i in arr) { if(arr>1 )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting out unique values from output of for loop.

Hi , i have a belwo script which is used to get sectors per track value extarcted from Solaris machine: for DISK in /dev/dsk/c*t*d*s*; do value=`prtvtoc "$DISK" | sed -n -e '/Dimensions/,/Flags/{/Dimensions/d; /Flags/d; p; }' | sed -n -e '/sectors\/track/p'`; if ; then echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
4 Replies
cksum(n)						     Cyclic Redundancy Checks							  cksum(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
cksum - Calculate a cksum(1) compatible checksum SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require cksum ?1.1.2? ::crc::cksum ?-format format? ?-chunksize size? [ -channel chan | -filename file | string ] ::crc::CksumInit ::crc::CksumUpdate token data ::crc::CksumFinal token _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a Tcl implementation of the cksum(1) algorithm based upon information provided at in the GNU implementation of this program as part of the GNU Textutils 2.0 package. COMMANDS
::crc::cksum ?-format format? ?-chunksize size? [ -channel chan | -filename file | string ] The command takes string data or a channel or file name and returns a checksum value calculated using the cksum(1) algorithm. The result is formatted using the format(n) specifier provided or as an unsigned integer (%u) by default. OPTIONS
-channel name Return a checksum for the data read from a channel. The command will read data from the channel until the eof is true. If you need to be able to process events during this calculation see the PROGRAMMING INTERFACE section -filename name This is a convenience option that opens the specified file, sets the encoding to binary and then acts as if the -channel option had been used. The file is closed on completion. -format string Return the checksum using an alternative format template. PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The cksum package implements the checksum using a context variable to which additional data can be added at any time. This is expecially useful in an event based environment such as a Tk application or a web server package. Data to be checksummed may be handled incrementally during a fileevent handler in discrete chunks. This can improve the interactive nature of a GUI application and can help to avoid excessive memory consumption. ::crc::CksumInit Begins a new cksum context. Returns a token ID that must be used for the remaining functions. An optional seed may be specified if required. ::crc::CksumUpdate token data Add data to the checksum identified by token. Calling CksumUpdate $token "abcd" is equivalent to calling CksumUpdate $token "ab" followed by CksumUpdate $token "cb". See EXAMPLES. ::crc::CksumFinal token Returns the checksum value and releases any resources held by this token. Once this command completes the token will be invalid. The result is a 32 bit integer value. EXAMPLES
% crc::cksum "Hello, World!" 2609532967 % crc::cksum -format 0x%X "Hello, World!" 0x9B8A5027 % crc::cksum -file cksum.tcl 1828321145 % set tok [crc::CksumInit] % crc::CksumUpdate $tok "Hello, " % crc::CksumUpdate $tok "World!" % crc::CksumFinal $tok 2609532967 AUTHORS
Pat Thoyts BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category crc of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
crc32(n), sum(n) KEYWORDS
checksum, cksum, crc, crc32, cyclic redundancy check, data integrity, security COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002, Pat Thoyts crc 1.1.2 cksum(n)