Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl report problem...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl report problem... Post 302211727 by radoulov on Friday 4th of July 2008 05:57:49 AM
Old 07-04-2008
I'm glad to be of help and to exercise my newly acquired Perl skills Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem getting data to a report file.

Hi all, I'm trying in vain to workout how I can generate a report from a months worth of files that get created every day. There is one file per day and each daily file contain the output from a df -v command. With the following section of code ... for xdffile in $1$2/df?? do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl problem

I have been recently given a PERL script to develop, but the main problem is that the perl version that I have to use is old, also I cant download modules from CPAN. Perl version 5.0005 I didnt realise this untill I had the script ready to be tested, so there are a few modules that I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meevagh
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with perl

hi, i have a script that coverts the file time in epoch time.but the problem is perl is not working inside the k-shell ---------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter the file" read n perl -e 'print ((stat("n")))'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with perl ~ tr///

I am trying to run the following script which is a file format converter. The frame variable in the input file has a file of 3,2,1 which needs to be 0,1,2 respectively i.e. 3 =0 etc. I have included the tr/// function into the script to do this, however it does not seem to be working input its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fordie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script for generates a report for backup times

Hi all, we do have daily oracle database backups and i need to generate report of each database start point and end point we are using netapp snapshot(filer level) for backups. all backups logs will be come in one directory /u01/app/oracle/backup/hostname/log/* here... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashdba2010
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk report generation problem

Hello everyone, I have a list of inputs as below. My logic is to get the particular powerdisk which matches for ASM disk which means take the major & minor number of each asm disk and matches with powerdisk info then get the particular powerdisk $ ls -l /dev/asm_* ---> ASM disk info... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannan84
11 Replies

7. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in modifying existing Perl Script to produce report of dupes

Hello, I have a large amount of data with the following structure: Word=Transliterated word I have written a Perl Script (reproduced below) which goes through the full file and identifies all dupes on the right hand side. It creates successfully a new file with two headers: Singletons and Dupes.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report generation using perl script

Hi, I have a perl script to read the log file and create a report from it. I have the script file and log file in a different directories. Now i have pipe the log file data to the perl script to create the report (HMTL file). I am using the below command this isn't working tail -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
4 Replies
UIDINFO(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						UIDINFO(9)

NAME
uidinfo, uihashinit, uifind, uihold, uifree -- functions for managing UID information SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/proc.h> #include <sys/resourcevar.h> void uihashinit(void); struct uidinfo * uifind(uid_t uid); void uihold(struct uidinfo *uip); void uifree(struct uidinfo *uip); DESCRIPTION
The uidinfo family of functions is used to manage uidinfo structures. Each uidinfo structure maintains per uid resource consumption counts, including the process count and socket buffer space usage. The uihashinit() function initializes the uidinfo hash table and its mutex. This function should only be called during system initializa- tion. The uifind() function looks up and returns the uidinfo structure for uid. If no uidinfo structure exists for uid, a new structure will be allocated and initialized. The uidinfo hash mutex is acquired and released. The uihold() function increases the reference count on uip. uip's lock is acquired and released. The uifree() function decreases the reference count on uip, and if the count reaches 0 uip is freed. uip's lock is acquired and release and the uidinfo hash mutex may be acquired and released. RETURN VALUES
uifind() returns a pointer to an initialized uidinfo structure, and should not fail. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>. BSD
July 10, 2001 BSD