Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl report problem...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl report problem... Post 302211678 by radoulov on Friday 4th of July 2008 04:21:28 AM
Old 07-04-2008
Yes, the script adds the output file Smilie.

Add this line:

Code:
next if $_ eq $report_dir.$outfile;

Like this:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

# you should always use these in a script
use warnings;
use strict;

my %data;
my @flds=();
my $report_dir = '/export/home/L86898/MYDATA/PREREQUISITS/20080430/REPORTS/';
my ($ext, $outfile) = ('.csv', 'Summary_by_TestScript.csv');
while (<$report_dir*$ext>) {
  next if $_ eq $report_dir.$outfile;
  open IN, $_ or warn "Error openning $_: $!\n" and next;
  while (<IN>) {
    @flds[1,2] = split ';';
    $data{$flds[1]} += $flds[2];
    }
  close IN;
}

open OUT, '>', $report_dir.$outfile or die "Error creating output file: $!\n";
print OUT map {"$_;$data{$_}\n"} sort keys %data;

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem getting data to a report file.

Hi all, I'm trying in vain to workout how I can generate a report from a months worth of files that get created every day. There is one file per day and each daily file contain the output from a df -v command. With the following section of code ... for xdffile in $1$2/df?? do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl problem

I have been recently given a PERL script to develop, but the main problem is that the perl version that I have to use is old, also I cant download modules from CPAN. Perl version 5.0005 I didnt realise this untill I had the script ready to be tested, so there are a few modules that I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meevagh
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with perl

hi, i have a script that coverts the file time in epoch time.but the problem is perl is not working inside the k-shell ---------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter the file" read n perl -e 'print ((stat("n")))'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with perl ~ tr///

I am trying to run the following script which is a file format converter. The frame variable in the input file has a file of 3,2,1 which needs to be 0,1,2 respectively i.e. 3 =0 etc. I have included the tr/// function into the script to do this, however it does not seem to be working input its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fordie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script for generates a report for backup times

Hi all, we do have daily oracle database backups and i need to generate report of each database start point and end point we are using netapp snapshot(filer level) for backups. all backups logs will be come in one directory /u01/app/oracle/backup/hostname/log/* here... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashdba2010
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk report generation problem

Hello everyone, I have a list of inputs as below. My logic is to get the particular powerdisk which matches for ASM disk which means take the major & minor number of each asm disk and matches with powerdisk info then get the particular powerdisk $ ls -l /dev/asm_* ---> ASM disk info... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannan84
11 Replies

7. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in modifying existing Perl Script to produce report of dupes

Hello, I have a large amount of data with the following structure: Word=Transliterated word I have written a Perl Script (reproduced below) which goes through the full file and identifies all dupes on the right hand side. It creates successfully a new file with two headers: Singletons and Dupes.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report generation using perl script

Hi, I have a perl script to read the log file and create a report from it. I have the script file and log file in a different directories. Now i have pipe the log file data to the perl script to create the report (HMTL file). I am using the below command this isn't working tail -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
4 Replies
MKCSMAPPER(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					     MKCSMAPPER(1)

NAME
mkcsmapper -- generates hashed conversion data for iconv(3) SYNOPSIS
mkcsmapper [-mpd] -o outfile infile DESCRIPTION
The mkcsmapper utility generates binary conversion data from plain text conversion tables for the iconv(3) library. The conversion data has two components: The conversion mapping between specific character encodings. A pivot file, which the possible source and destination encod- ing pairs or the set of mappings to use for a compound encoding. The following options are available: -d Turns on debug mode. -m Generate mapping data from infile. -o outfile Put generated binary data to outfile. -p Generate pivot data from outfile. EXIT STATUS
The mkcsmapper utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
iconv(1), mkesdb(1), iconv(3) HISTORY
mkcsmapper first appeared in NetBSD 2.0, and made its appearance in FreeBSD 9.0. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
Sep 6, 2009 BSD