Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Python Installation problems on Redhat Enterprise Linux. Post 302211401 by Praveen H on Thursday 3rd of July 2008 08:46:21 AM
Old 07-03-2008
Thanks for the advice u gave and i tried it out.
Now there is some problem. I am getting the response as below. It is showing some more packages missing. why is giving warning

[root@localhost Packages]# rpmbuild --rebuild python24-2.4.2-2.src.rpm
Installing python24-2.4.2-2.src.rpm
warning: user jafo does not exist - using root
warning: group jafo does not exist - using root
error: Failed build dependencies:
Mesa-devel is needed by python24-2.4.2-2.i386
tix is needed by python24-2.4.2-2.i386
XFree86-devel is needed by python24-2.4.2-2.i386
tcl-devel is needed by python24-2.4.2-2.i386
tk-devel is needed by python24-2.4.2-2.i386
tix-devel is needed by python24-2.4.2-2.i386
Praveen H

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Security Standards for Redhat Enterprise 3...

Hi all, Thanks for reading and any posts. Quick question, has anyone out there got any suggestions for standards of security for Redhat enterprise 3. We are making an RAC cluster Oracle application using Oracle 9i (hopefully moving to 10g sooner rather than later). Thanks again for any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

"No Drives Found" error during Redhat Linux AS 4 installation

I'm trying to install Redhat LInux AS 4 update 4 on an IBM x306 series server. I keep getting following error: "No Drives Found. An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem." I called IBM and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pieman8080
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Redhat Enterprise version 4 RHEL4 patches

Hi, I would like to know if should i patch my system and sshd based on the version that i have here below: cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 5) ------------ uname -a: redhat kernel version and type (64-bit or not) Linux server2 2.6.9-55.ELsmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Samba smb not started on Redhat Enterprise

Hi i installed samba-client-3.0.23c-2 on Redhat Server but cat not start #service smb start. it gives error unrecognized smb I checked samba-common-3.0.23c-2 # rpm -qa |grep smb pam_smb-1.1.7-7.2.1 # rpm -qa |grep samba samba3-client-3.2.15-40.el5 Could someone help please? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lamoul
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Redhat 5 enterprise auto kill script

hi all do i need to add rc. prefix on the stop script all the time especially on redhat 5 enterprise? like below ln -s /etc/init.d/rc.stopdb2 /etc/rc0.d/K01rc.stopdb2 and on the /etc/rc.local, i need to add this only touch /var/lock/subsys/stopdb2 Is that going to work? thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. Linux

Mitel Standard Linux Installation Problems

I didn't know what sub category to put this under, so I just figured I'd throw it in the main area. I've recently acquired an HP ProLiant120 G6 and am trying to install Mitel's version of Linux onto it. I boot from the cd, and can make it as far as selecting what type of keyboard I have. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madeang
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Login failed in Redhat Enterprise 6.2

When i finished installation the Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.2, and login to the system, I can't login although username: root and Password correct. I install on the Hp Blade Server. I don't know why. How to fix this error? who can help me? :confused: Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinhdangnd
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Not showing ifcfg eth0....redhat enterprise Linux 6.2

Hello, I'm using dell inspiron 14R laptop and I installed Redhat enterprise 6.2 on this. After successfully installation i did not found any network interface on this. when i'm trying to load/add qeth driver . The driver is not found showing this message. Bash: lsmod | grep qeth Bash:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dearsumon
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Difference Redhat Linux/RH Enterprise Linux

what is the difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux. whereas Redhat linux have Server installation options too. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
2 Replies

10. Fedora

Redhat Linux Enterprise edition 6.4

Hi, please can any one tell me where can i download redhat linux 6.4 for training purpose? thanks & Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies
QUOTACHECK(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     QUOTACHECK(8)

NAME
quotacheck -- filesystem quota consistency checker SYNOPSIS
quotacheck [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotacheck [-g] [-u] [-v] -a DESCRIPTION
Quotacheck examines each filesystem, builds a table of current disk usage, and compares this table against that recorded in the disk quota file for the filesystem. If any inconsistencies are detected, both the quota file and the current system copy of the incorrect quotas are updated (the latter only occurs if an active filesystem is checked). By default both user and group quotas are checked. Available options: -a If the -a flag is supplied in place of any filesystem names, quotacheck will check all the read-write filesystems with an existing mount option file at its root. The mount option file specifies the types of quotas that are to be checked. -g Only group quotas are checked. The mount option file, .quota.ops.group, must exist at the root of the filesystem. -u Only user quotas are checked. The mount option file, .quota.ops.user, must exist at the root of the filesystem. -v quotacheck reports discrepancies between the calculated and recorded disk quotas. Specifying both -g and -u is equivalent to the default. Parallel passes are run on the filesystems required, in an identical fashion to fsck(8). Normally quotacheck operates silently. Quotacheck expects each filesystem being checked to have quota data files named .quota.user and/or .quota.group located at the filesystem root. If a binary data file is not present, quotacheck will create it. The default filename and root location cannot be overridden. Quotacheck is normally run at fsck time. Quotacheck accesses the raw device in calculating the actual disk usage for each user. Thus, the filesystems checked should be quiescent while quotacheck is running. FILES
Each of the following quota files is located at the root of the mounted filesystem. The mount option files are empty files whose existence indicates that quotas are to be enabled for that filesystem. The binary data files will be created by quotacheck, if they don't already exist. .quota.user data file containing user quotas .quota.group data file containing group quotas .quota.ops.user mount option file used to enable user quotas .quota.ops.group mount option file used to enable group quotas SEE ALSO
quota(1), quotactl(2), edquota(8), fsck(8), quotaon(8), repquota(8) HISTORY
The quotacheck command appeared in 4.2BSD. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution October 17, 2002 4.2 Berkeley Distribution