Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to display partition name on mounted on using this script Post 302211395 by mobydick on Thursday 3rd of July 2008 08:35:06 AM
Old 07-03-2008
i dont't know whether this will help..but i hope so

df -k|grep /u0 > file--->redirect to a temp file

In the main script
val=$(cat tempfile | wc -l ) --> counting the no of lines

execute the loop that many times only

Inside the loop ..read one line from the file

cat tempfile | while read LINE
#LINE --> each line from the file
val1= echo LINE | awk { print $4 }--->get the size
val2 =echo line | cut -d ' ' -f1 ----> this will store the partition name

now you can continue with the if test if a partcular value matches your condition then use the corresponding partition info already stored for mssging

.....hopefully this will work if not ......sorry in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

/ partition is mounted but not present in mount

Hello , I 've got a problem with the root partition on my SCO 5.0.5 . When I check the disk with df or mount , I can 't see the root filesystem . # mount /stand on /dev/boot read only on Tue Sep 05 16:13:51 2006 /home on /dev/home read/write on Tue Sep 05 16:14:41 2006 But , if I try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npn35
3 Replies

2. Solaris

swap partition showing mounted in df -h

Dear All Anyone can help me what is the problem of swap partition? swap partition is showing mounted in df -h command output. Regards prakash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pshelke
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to check if mounted, and mount if not

I'd like to make a wrapper bash script that will make sure that an nfs mount is mounted before launching a program that depends on the mount being active. Basically: 1) Check to see if the mount is active 2) If it's not active, try to mount it 3) If it won't mount because the nfs server is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to get all mounted devices

Hi, to all I'm writing script with zenity to benchmark selected disk with tools like; hdparm, seeker (to found in here > How fast is your disk? | LinuxInsight) With this piece of code i try to get all mounted devices to variables to use it with selection menu, but i stuck and don't know how... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: m0z4rt
5 Replies

5. Ubuntu

display the mounted file system types

how can i list/display the mounted partitions in Ubunutu, mount command just display the devices but not the file system used. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a partition is mounted or not with bash?

How to check if a partition is mounted or not with bash? And when is $? variable one? Please give example. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sample code to display mounted devices

Hi all I need to write shell script to list out the mounted devices for a particular user. As i am new to shell script please help me. Here the problem is sometime unmounted devices also will be displayed in fstab. How to rectify that? Can anybody help me? Regards Ilamathi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilamathi
0 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

NFS mounted and unmounted shell script

Hi, I making a script to check nfs mount and unmount options. After various findings, i didn't get any solution for that. Can you please help me in making the script. 1) I have used, if grep -qs '/var/JETSHARE' /proc/mounts; then echo "It's mounted." else echo "It's not mounted. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santosh101
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to check if the folders in mounted on which partition?

Hi there, I am able to check which parition from Storage > Disk Management How is it possible to check if the folder is mounted on which partition. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if file systems are mounted

Hi I have the following piece of code, running on a solaris 10 O.S., that is not working for NFS file systems: for vol in `grep -E 'vxfs|ufs|nfs' /etc/vfstab | egrep -v '^#' | awk '{ print $3 }'` do if df -k $vol | grep $vol > /dev/null then outputOK "Filesystem: $vol mounted" else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies
volfs(7FS)							   File Systems 							volfs(7FS)

NAME
volfs - Volume Management file system DESCRIPTION
volfs is the Volume Management file system rooted at root_dir. The default location for root-dir is /vol, but this can be overridden using the -d option of vold (see vold(1M)). This file system is maintained by the Volume Management daemon, vold, and will be considered to be /vol for this description. Media can be accessed in a logical manner (no association with a particular piece of hardware), or a physical manner (associated with a particular piece of hardware). Logical names for media are referred to through /vol/dsk and /vol/rdsk. /vol/dsk provides block access to random access devices. /vol/rdsk provides character access to random access devices. The /vol/rdsk and /vol/dsk directories are mirrors of one another. Any change to one is reflected in the other immediately. The dev_t for a volume will be the same for both the block and character device. The default permissions for /vol are mode=0555, owner=root, group=sys. The default permissions for /vol/dsk and /vol/rdsk are mode=01777, owner=root, group=sys. Physical references to media are obtained through /vol/dev. This hierarchy reflects the structure of the /dev name space. The default per- missions for all directories in the /vol/dev hierarchy are mode=0555, owner=root, group=sys. mkdir(2), rmdir(2), unlink(2) (rm), symlink(2) (ln -s), link(2) (ln), and rename(2) (mv) are supported, subject to normal file and direc- tory permissions. The following system calls are not supported in the /vol filesystem: creat(2), only when creating a file, and mknod(2). If the media does not contain file systems that can be automatically mounted by rmmount(1M), users can gain access to the media through the following /vol locations: +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ | Location | State of Media | +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ |/vol/dev/diskette0/unnamed_floppy | formatted unnamed floppy-block | | | device access | +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ |/vol/dev/rdiskette0/unnamed_floppy | formatted unnamed floppy-raw | | | device access | +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ |/vol/dev/diskette0/unlabeled | unlabeled floppy-block device | | | access | +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ |/vol/dev/rdiskette0/unlabeled | unlabeled floppy-raw device access | +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ |/vol/dev/dsk/c0t6/unnamed_cdrom | CD-ROM-block device access | +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ |/vol/dev/rdsk/c0t6/unnamed_cdrom | CD-ROM-raw device access | +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ For more information on the location of CD-ROM and floppy media, see System Administration Guide: Basic Administration or rmmount(1M). Partitions Some media support the concept of a partition. If the label identifies partitions on the media, the name of the media becomes a directory with partitions under it. Only valid partitions are represented. Partitions cannot be moved out of a directory. For example, if disk volume 'foo' has three valid partitions, 0, 2, and 5, then: /vol/dsk/foo/s0 /vol/dsk/foo/s2 /vol/dsk/foo/s5 for block access and /vol/rdsk/foo/s0 /vol/rdsk/foo/s2 /vol/rdsk/foo/s5 for character access. If a volume is relabeled to reflect different partitions, the name space changes to reflect the new partition layout. A format program can check to see if there are others with the volume open and not allow the format to occur if it is. Volume Management, however, does not explicitly prevent the rewriting of a label while others have the volume open. If a partition of a volume is open, and the volume is relabeled to remove that partition, it will appear exactly as if the volume were missing. A notify event will be generated and the user may cancel the operation with volcancel(1), if desired. SEE ALSO
volcancel(1), volcheck(1), volmissing(1) rmmount(1M), vold(1M), rmmount.conf(4), vold.conf(4) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 8 Feb 1995 volfs(7FS)