Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers file migration windows -> unix Post 302211075 by mjglass on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 02:46:43 PM
Old 07-02-2008
file migration windows -> unix

I've spent all of my career on windows boxes and maybe 30 secs here an there with unix.

Now I find myself with a project of migrating web files (html, swf, etc) from windows to unix. I know that unix is case sensitive and there can be no spaces in file/folder names.

What else do I need to be on the look out for? Is there documentation or a utility to help somewhere?

Thanks all!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Migration to Unix

Hello, I work for a very small ISP who up until now has run a combination of Win2000 and NT4 servers for our services (mail, DNS, dial-up). Our equipment is showing it's age and we have been looking into changing into a Unix environment. Our biggest challenge right now is our dial-up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kukur
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a windows CVS file to the unix server as a svs file

I so desperately need a script to copy a windows csv file to my unix server and i know these should be at dummies but i have no bits. it is life & no job situation help please. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhegal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix file migration

Hi all, Is there a program that would make sense out of the data below; this is from MPAC unix system. I would like to get usable data that could be transferred into excel? Rich, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: berkmillionare
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

C++ Code migration from HP Unix 11.11 to 11.31

i'm facing some problem to make my source code work in HP Unix 11.31 which works fine in HP Unix 11.11. Recently our unix server is upgraded to HP Unix 11.31, i was able to compile my source code successfully in 11.31 but i see some system call failure and socket failure. is there any steps to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madanxyz
5 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system. We do have many directory and sub directories with files. after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help on moving .csv file from UNIX to windows file path

Need help on moving .csv file from unix to windows file path. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX to Linux Migration

We have certain number of scripts that run on AIX server using ksh. Now that we migrate these scripts to Linux servers. We need to know what are the changes that we have to perform in script to make it compatible to run on Linux. Say like in our Unix -AIX "print" command worked. But that did... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIva81
6 Replies
NKF(3)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						    NKF(3)

NAME
NKF - Perl extension for Network Kanji Filter SYNOPSIS
use NKF; $output = nkf("-s",$input); DESCRIPTION
This is a Perl Extension version of nkf (Netowrk Kanji Filter ) 1.7. It converts the last argument and return converted result. Conversion details are specified by flags before the last argument. Flags: "b,u Output is bufferred (DEFAULT),Output is unbufferred" "j,s,e Outout code is JIS 7 bit (DEFAULT), Shift JIS, AT&T JIS (EUC)" "J,S,E Input assumption is JIS 7 bit , Shift JIS, AT&T JIS (EUC)" "t no conversion" "i_ Output sequence to designate JIS-kanji (DEFAULT B)" "o_ Output sequence to designate ASCII (DEFAULT B)" "r {de/en}crypt ROT13/47" "m[BQ] MIME decode [B:base64 stream,Q:quoted stream]" "l ISO8859-1 (Latin-1) support" "f Folding: "-f60" or "-f"" "Z[0-2] Convert X0208 alphabet to ASCII 1: Kankaku to space,2: 2 spaces" "X,x Assume X0201 kana in MS-Kanji, "-x" preserves X0201" "B[0-2] Broken input 0: missing ESC,1: any X on ESC-[($]-X,2: ASCII on NL" "d,c Delete in line feed, Add in line feed" "m0 No MIME decode." "M MIME encode. Header style. All ASCII code and control characters are intact." "MB MIME encode. Base64 stream. Kanji conversion is performed before encoding, so this cannot be used as a picture encoder." "l Input and output code is ISO8859-1 (Latin-1) and ISO-2022-JP." "L[wmu] new line mode" " -Lu unix (LF) " " -Lw windows (CRLF) " " -Lm mac (CR) " " --fj,--unix,--mac,--msdos, --windows convert for these system" " --jis,--euc,--sjis,--mime,--base64 convert for named code" " --jis-input,--euc-input,--sjis-input,--mime-input,--base64-input assume input system" " -- ignore rest of -option" " --help" " --version" AUTHOR
Network Kanji Filter Version 1.9 (2/0002/Shinji Kono) Copyright (C) 1987, FUJITSU LTD. (I.Ichikawa),1998 S. Kono, COW SEE ALSO
perl(1). nkf(1) perl v5.12.1 2005-04-09 NKF(3)