Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl report problem...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl report problem... Post 302210991 by radoulov on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 11:35:51 AM
Old 07-02-2008
I'm trying to decode the output: where is the count?
Or you just need to sum the values of the second field?
What should be the output from the sample input files above?

Trying to guess:

Code:
perl -F';' -lane'
  $_{$F[0]} += $F[1];
  END { 
    $, = ";";
	for (sort keys %_) {
      print $_, $_{$_}
  }
}' "$prereq_dir"/REPORTS/*.csv

Or:

Code:
perl -F';' -lane'
  $_{$F[0]} += $F[1];
  END {
    print map {"$_;$_{$_}\n"} sort keys %_ 
	}'  "$prereq_dir"/REPORTS/*.csv

If you want to exclude 0 values:

Code:
perl -F';' -lane'
  $_{$F[0]} += $F[1];
  END { 
    $, = ";";
	for (sort keys %_) {
      print $_, $_{$_} if $_{$_}     
  }
}'  "$prereq_dir"/REPORTS/*.csv

Last edited by radoulov; 07-02-2008 at 01:07 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem getting data to a report file.

Hi all, I'm trying in vain to workout how I can generate a report from a months worth of files that get created every day. There is one file per day and each daily file contain the output from a df -v command. With the following section of code ... for xdffile in $1$2/df?? do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl problem

I have been recently given a PERL script to develop, but the main problem is that the perl version that I have to use is old, also I cant download modules from CPAN. Perl version 5.0005 I didnt realise this untill I had the script ready to be tested, so there are a few modules that I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meevagh
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with perl

hi, i have a script that coverts the file time in epoch time.but the problem is perl is not working inside the k-shell ---------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter the file" read n perl -e 'print ((stat("n")))'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with perl ~ tr///

I am trying to run the following script which is a file format converter. The frame variable in the input file has a file of 3,2,1 which needs to be 0,1,2 respectively i.e. 3 =0 etc. I have included the tr/// function into the script to do this, however it does not seem to be working input its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fordie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script for generates a report for backup times

Hi all, we do have daily oracle database backups and i need to generate report of each database start point and end point we are using netapp snapshot(filer level) for backups. all backups logs will be come in one directory /u01/app/oracle/backup/hostname/log/* here... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashdba2010
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk report generation problem

Hello everyone, I have a list of inputs as below. My logic is to get the particular powerdisk which matches for ASM disk which means take the major & minor number of each asm disk and matches with powerdisk info then get the particular powerdisk $ ls -l /dev/asm_* ---> ASM disk info... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannan84
11 Replies

7. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in modifying existing Perl Script to produce report of dupes

Hello, I have a large amount of data with the following structure: Word=Transliterated word I have written a Perl Script (reproduced below) which goes through the full file and identifies all dupes on the right hand side. It creates successfully a new file with two headers: Singletons and Dupes.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report generation using perl script

Hi, I have a perl script to read the log file and create a report from it. I have the script file and log file in a different directories. Now i have pipe the log file data to the perl script to create the report (HMTL file). I am using the below command this isn't working tail -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
4 Replies
ModPerl::Code(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					ModPerl::Code(3pm)

NAME
$class::Const - Perl Interface for $class Constants SYNOPSIS
CONSTANTS
EOF my $groups = $data{$class}; for my $group (sort keys %$groups) { print $fh <<"EOF"; ":$group" use $class::Const -compile qw(:$group); The ":$group" group is for XXX constants. EOF for my $const (sort @{ $groups->{$group} }) { print $fh "=head3 C<$class::$const> "; } } print $fh "=cut "; } } sub generate_constants_lookup_doc { my ($data) = @_; while (my ($class, $groups) = each %$Apache2::ConstantsTable) { my $constants = [map { @$_ } values %$groups]; constants_lookup_code_doc($constants, $class, $data); } } sub generate_constants_group_lookup_doc { my ($data) = @_; while (my ($class, $groups) = each %$Apache2::ConstantsTable) { constants_group_lookup_code_doc($class, $groups, $data); } } sub constants_group_lookup_code_doc { my ($class, $groups, $data) = @_; my @tags; my @code; while (my ($group, $constants) = each %$groups) { $data->{$class}{$group} = [ map { my @ifdef = constants_ifdef($_); s/^($constant_prefixes)_?//o; $seen_const{$class}{$_}++; $_; } @$constants ]; } } sub constants_lookup_code_doc { my ($constants, $class, $data) = @_; my (%switch, %alias); %alias = %shortcuts; my $postfix = lc $class; my $package = $class . '::'; my $package_len = length $package; my $func = canon_func(qw(constants lookup), $postfix); for (@$constants) { if (s/^($constant_prefixes)(_)?//o) { $alias{$_} = join $2 || "", $1, $_; } else { $alias{$_} ||= $_; } next unless /^([A-Z])/; push @{ $switch{$1} }, $_; } for my $key (sort keys %switch) { my $names = $switch{$key}; for my $name (@$names) { my @ifdef = constants_ifdef($alias{$name}); push @{ $data->{$class}{other} }, $name unless $seen_const{$class}{$name} } } } sub generate_exports { my ($self, $c_fh) = @_; require ModPerl::WrapXS; ModPerl::WrapXS->generate_exports($c_fh); } # src/modules/perl/*.c files needed to build APR/APR::* outside # of mod_perl.so sub src_apr_ext { return map { "modperl_$_" } (qw(error bucket), map { "common_$_" } qw(util log)); } 1; __END__ NAME
ModPerl::Code - Generate mod_perl glue code SYNOPSIS
use ModPerl::Code (); my $code = ModPerl::Code->new; $code->generate; DESCRIPTION
This module provides functionality for generating mod_perl glue code. Reason this code is generated rather than written by hand include: consistency thin and clean glue code enable/disable features (without #ifdefs) adapt to changes in Apache experiment with different approaches to gluing AUTHOR
Doug MacEachern perl v5.14.2 2011-02-08 ModPerl::Code(3pm)