Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to compare all files in one unix box has been to copied to another unix box Post 302210986 by sravanreddym on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 11:26:39 AM
Old 07-02-2008
how to compare all files in one unix box has been to copied to another unix box

Hi

our unix admin has copied all files from one unix box to new unix box. We just need to confirm that all the file systems are copied properly. How to validate.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VPN client (windows Box),and Server (Unix Box)

If I want to access unix box via VPN tunnel,from windows box. What sould I configure on the windows client PC, and what should I enable on the Unix Server box ? I am using Solaris V10 intel platform, and I am using windows XP, and 2003 for client (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zillah
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to FTP a file generated at UNIX Box to NT Box

Hi all, I am generating a file on the Unix machine , now i want to FTP the same file to the NT machine. how can i do that and the application currently upon which i am working is a JAVA based application. I need your help. regards Ruchir (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruchir
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTPing from unix box to windows box.

Hi All, I need to know if it is possible ftping files from unix box to windows box . if yes , how ?. Is there any pre-requisits. Please tell me the steps, this is very urgent. Thnx Aru (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a unix script in one box from another box

i have a unix script which is available in a box say box1 i want this script to be run in box box2 and put the output file in box2 what is the procedure to execute this script in box2 i will call the script in box1 using cybermation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from Unix box to a windows box

Hi All, I need a little help .I want to transfer a file from unix box to a windows box,but the problem i'm facing is that in windows box FTP is not enabled and currently it is nearly impssible to change setting on windows box,i can not use the ftp method ,in my shell script to transfer the file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preet
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need an scp command from a unix box to a windows box.

scp file="myfile.txt" todir="user@somehost:(M:drive:/somepath/)"/ Not sure I need it to go to a specific drive on the windows box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy file from unix box to another unix box

Hi, I am new for perl scripting, I need a script to copy a log file /test/test_yyyymmdd.dat from one unix box to another unix box location /check/check1/ at daily 2:00AM, please let me know how to do that...... Regards, Ann (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabrine
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file starting with particular name on Windows box to Unix box using shell script

Hello all ! I'm trying to write a shell script (bash) to ftp a file starting with particular name like "Latest_" that is present on a Windows box to UNIX server. Basically I want to set this script in the cron so that daily the new build that is posted on the Windows box can be downloaded to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayb4u83
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transferring the file from one UNIX box to another UNIX box

Hi Folks, I am using winscp to graphiclly move the files from one unix box to another unix box , let say one unix box crediantials is (These are dummy crediantials) xxx -->username yyy -->password and another unix box name is RRR -->username TTT -->password NOW i need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies
PKLA-ADMIN-IDENTIT(8)					       pkla-admin-identities					     PKLA-ADMIN-IDENTIT(8)

NAME
pkla-admin-identities - List pklocalauthority-configured polkit administrators SYNOPSIS
pkla-admin-identities [--help] pkla-admin-identities [--config-path config-path] DESCRIPTION
pkla-admin-identities interprets configuration files described below to determine which users polkit(8) considers administrators, using a non-JavaScript configuration file format described below. Note: Determining which users are considered administrators is driven by JavaScript rules as described in polkit(8). pkla-admin-identities is called by a JavaScript rule file named 49-polkit-pkla-compat.rules; other JavaScript rules with a higher priority may exist, so the pkla-admin-identities configuration may not necessarily govern the final decision by polkit(8). The ordering of the JavaScript rule files and the ordering of pkla-admin-identities configuration files is not integrated and uses different rules; the pkla-admin-identities configuration evaluation is happens at a single point within the JavaScript rule evaluation order. pkla-admin-identities is an internal helper program of pkla-polkit-compat. You shouldn't need to run it directly, except for debugging purposes. Configuration is read from files with a .conf extension in the /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d directory. All files are read in lexicographical order (using the C locale), meaning that later files can override earlier ones. The file 50-localauthority.conf contains the settings provided by the OS vendor. Users and 3rd party packages can drop configuration files with a priority higher than 60 to change the defaults. The configuration file format is simple. Each configuration file is a key file (also commonly known as a ini file) with a single group called [Configuration]. Only a single key, AdminIdentities is read. The value of this key is a semi-colon separated list of identities that can be used when administrator authentication is required. Users are specified by prefixing the user name with unix-user:, groups of users are specified by prefixing with unix-group:, and netgroups of users are specified with unix-netgroup:. See the section called "EXAMPLE" for an example of a configuration file. pkla-admin-identities outputs the resulting configuration of administrator identities, one identity per line, using the same format (including e.g. the unix-user: prefix). If no administrator identities are configured in the above-described configuration files, the output will be empty. OPTIONS
-h, --help Write a summary of the available options to standard output and exit successfully. -c, --config-path=config-path Search for configuration files in config-path instead of the default /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d. EXIT STATUS
pkla-admin-identities exits with 0 on success (even if there are no administrator identities), and a non-zero status on error. FILES
/etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d Default directory containing configuration files. EXAMPLE
The following .conf file [Configuration] AdminIdentities=unix-group:staff specifies that any user in the staff UNIX group can be used for authentication when administrator authentication is needed. This file would typically be installed in the /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d directory and given the name 60-desktop-policy.conf to ensure that it is evaluated after the 50-localauthority.conf file shipped with pkla-polkit-compat. If the local administrator wants to override this (suppose 60-desktop-policy.conf was shipped as part of the OS) he can simply create a file 99-my-admin-configuration.conf with the following content [Configuration] AdminIdentities=unix-user:lisa;unix-user:marge to specify that only the users lisa and marge can authenticate when administrator authentication is needed. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <davidz@redhat.com> with a lot of help from many others. Adapted by Miloslav Trma <mitr@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
polkit(8) polkit-pkla-compat May 2013 PKLA-ADMIN-IDENTIT(8)