Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ignoring files that are currently being produced Post 302210822 by dennis.jacob on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 04:39:08 AM
Old 07-02-2008
You can use the find command with -mmin option to handle this.

Below one will look for files older than 1 mn.

Ex: find / -name "*" -type f -mmin +1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ignoring Some Text When Comparing 2 Files

Hi Guys, How can I compare 2 text files and show the differences between the 2 files but have some of the text ignored? Example File1 File2 Thomas Thomass !1st name! David Davidd !2nd name! John John !3rd name! So,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyflip
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ignoring already copied files

I'm almost brand new to UNIX, so I have no idea if how easy or difficult this would be, or if it's even possible. I've been using FTP to copy a total of about 150gb of files to a remote drive. Since the directory being copied is so large, I've been trying to break it up into smaller chunks based... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvandyke
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files ignoring subdirectories

Hi guys, I am searching some files not equal to the pattern with this command find ! -name "PATTERN" -type f but my problem is the find command because he also search inside subdirectories and that's the thing i don't want that. Is there any comand to ignore the directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osramos
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make - two target produced by one recipe

Suppose executable X produces files A and B from nothing, Y produces C from A, Z produces D from B, and my final goal is to produce C and D. I wrote the following makefile: .PHONY: all all: C D C: A Y A D: B Z B A B: X This makefile seems to reflect all dependencies, as it should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ybelenky
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible - SCP script ignoring certain files

Hey everyone. First, let me preface this post by stating that there are some bad things I'm doing. I'm using python to work around SCP's refusal to take standard input for a password. The reason for doing this as opposed to using keys is because the servers are on lock down due to them being in our... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msarro
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed with special characters produced from crypto

Hey there, I'm facing some weird issues with sed when trying to do substitution in a text file with the content of some environment variables. Those variables are used to store crypted (3DES) info with much special characters and that's where the problem starts. I've already tried to use both... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jormun
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all files recursively from directories while ignoring one file type

Hi, Seems like I need help again with a problem: I want to delete all files from my lets say "Music" Directory inkluding all of the subfolders except for .mp3 and .MP3 files. I tried it with globalignoring mp3 files, finding and deleting all other files, which resulted in all files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls ignoring files from their modification time

Hi everyone, I'd like to know if is there a way to list files but ignoring some according to their modification time (or creation, access time, etc.) with the command 'ls' alone. I know the option -I exist, but it seems to only looking in the file name.. Thank you in advance for the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keyhaku
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How get program name that produced an IO error redirected to a LOG in a nohup command?

Good afternoon, I'm have program that executes in background another programs. The main program would be programA and the programs executed by the main one, would be program1a, program1b and program1c. I need the programs to continue the execution no matter if the shell connection is lost,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
6 Replies

10. AIX

AIX : Find files ignoring certain file extensions

Hi All, I am scripting a program to find and archive files. There are certain file types that I do not want to archive. Below is the scenario. I have created a lookup file which has details on folders days and file extensions that needs to be ignored I have separated the individual into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavinmjr
4 Replies
sane-find-scanner(1)					   SANE Scanner Access Now Easy 				      sane-find-scanner(1)

NAME
sane-find-scanner - find SCSI and USB scanners and their device files SYNOPSIS
sane-find-scanner [-h|-?] [-v] [-q] [-p] [-f] [-F filename] [devname] DESCRIPTION
sane-find-scanner is a command-line tool to find SCSI and USB scanners and determine their Unix device files. Its primary aim is to make sure that scanners can be detected by SANE backends. For SCSI scanners, it checks the default generic SCSI device files (e.g., /dev/sg0) and /dev/scanner. The test is done by sending a SCSI inquiry command and looking for a device type of "scanner" or "processor" (some old HP scanners seem to send "processor"). So sane-find-scanner will find any SCSI scanner connected to those default device files even if it isn't supported by any SANE backend. For USB scanners, first the USB kernel scanner device files (e.g. /dev/usb/scanner0), /dev/usb/scanner, and /dev/usbscanner) are tested. The files are opened and the vendor and device ids are determined, if the operating system supports this feature. Currently USB scanners are only found this way if they are supported by the Linux scanner module or the FreeBSD or OpenBSD uscanner driver. After that test, sane-find-scanner tries to scan for USB devices found by the USB library libusb (if available). There is no special USB class for scanners, so the heuristics used to distinguish scanners from other USB devices is not perfect. sane-find-scanner also tries to find out the type of USB chip used in the scanner. If detected, it will be printed after the vendor and product ids. sane-find-scanner will even find USB scan- ners, that are not supported by any SANE backend. sane-find-scanner won't find most parallel port scanners, or scanners connected to proprietary ports. Some parallel port scanners may be detected by sane-find-scanner -p. At the time of writing this will only detect Mustek parallel port scanners. OPTIONS
-h, -? Prints a short usage message. -v Verbose output. If used once, sane-find-scanner shows every device name and the test result. If used twice, SCSI inquiry informa- tion and the USB device descriptors are also printed. -q Be quiet. Print only the devices, no comments. -p Probe parallel port scanners. -f Force opening all explicitly given devices as SCSI and USB devices. That's useful if sane-find-scanner is wrong in determining the device type. -F filename filename is a file that contains USB descriptors in the format of /proc/bus/usb/devices as used by Linux. sane-find-scanner tries to identify the chipset(s) of all USB scanners found in such a file. This option is useful for developers when the output of "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices" is available but the scanner itself isn't. devname Test device file "devname". No other devices are checked if devname is given. EXAMPLE
sane-find-scanner -v Check all SCSI and USB devices for available scanners and print a line for every device file. sane-find-scanner /dev/scanner Look for a (SCSI) scanner only at /dev/scanner and print the result. sane-find-scanner -p Probe for parallel port scanners. SEE ALSO
sane(7), sane-scsi(5), sane-usb(5), scanimage(1), xscanimage(1), xsane(1), sane-"backendname"(5) AUTHOR
Oliver Rauch, Henning Meier-Geinitz and others SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
USB support is limited to Linux (kernel, libusb), FreeBSD (kernel, libusb), NetBSD (libusb), OpenBSD (kernel, libusb). Detecting the vendor and device ids only works with Linux or libusb. SCSI support is available on Irix, EMX, Linux, Next, AIX, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and HP-UX. BUGS
No support for most parallel port scanners yet. Detection of USB chipsets is limited to a few chipsets. 13 Jul 2008 sane-find-scanner(1)