Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Issue with file permissions when using mailx Post 302210810 by zaxxon on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 04:00:15 AM
Old 07-02-2008
What happens when you manually call uuencode and mailx and send some dummy file to your account?
Check if your /tmp still has following permissions:
Code:
drwxrwxrwt      bin      bin

Or if the script is called from another user (cron?) than before?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

File permissions issue

Hi, We have a apps database running on HP-UX 11.11. Yesterday, we had a problem with the server which was resolved after rebooting the server. Now the problem I am facing is that now the files created by application manager user has weird file permissions. Like instead of rw-r-r it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isingh786
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Issue With File Permissions while uploading

one of the business users is ftping files into unix box using user name ftp_user, where as i am using infa_user to login into same unix box. When i am trying to access those or copy over those files from upload directory it says permission denied. Though i know the password of ftp_user to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with File Permissions

one of the business users is ftping files into unix box using user name ftp_user, where as i am using infa_user to login into same unix box. When i am trying to access those or copy over those files from upload directory it says permission denied. Though i know the password of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx issue -

Hi, I am sending mail inside my script based on various conditions. Here is the problem, when there are more than one condion at a time, the mailx adds the messages into one ( at the time of the second mail) example: inner_fn () { if ; then echo "inner function mail" | mailx... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] File permissions issue

Hi everybody, following is the scenario; OS HP UX 11.23 two users: # id bodi uid=109(bodi) gid=20(users) groups=1(other),2(bin),3(sys),106(oinstall) # id ossmed uid=121(ossmed) gid=20(users) umask 077 directory name /home/mydir directory permissions drwxrwxrwx requirement: to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajays
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx issue

Hi guys I am trying to send an email using mailx function and want the message body to appear on different lines. My code is : WT=`echo "Tapes are : $x Holder are : $y" ` echo $WT|mailx -s "Alert" xyx@abc.com I want to receive the email like this: Tapes are :2 Holders are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in an issue related to mailx

Hello, I have a file temp.txt with the below contents : Sep 9 03:04:51 adcsdp01 MAPDR2_00: Unable to open trace file adpstartarv.log. (Error 110 Resource temporarily unavailable) Sep 9 03:05:35 adcsdp01 MAPDR2_00: SAP Service ADPMR2_00 successfully started. Sep 9 03:04:51 adcsdp01... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command issue

Hi All, Im facing a problem with sending tar file via mailx command. Your help would be much appreciated. Im trying to tar a set of CSV files in a folder using the below command tar cvf Report.tar.gz *_03172016.CSV and sending this tar file using mailx command as mentioned below ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anijan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Mailx command

Hi, I am trying to send an email using mailx command in Linux terminal. Though I give invalid address it is giving response as Recipient ok and sent message. My command is here. Not sure what is wrong. Can anyone please assist? echo -e 'New User'| mailx -v -s 'New User' y@gggg.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx Email Issue

Hello, I am facing an issue with email in Linux. I am using mailx command to send email. When I give invalid domain address then it is taking both sender and recipient as sender email and trying to send email. Below is my command echo -e "${EMAIL_TEXT}" | mailx -v -s "${SUBJECT}" -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvi
5 Replies
mail(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  mail(1B)

NAME
mail, Mail - interactive message processing system SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/mail ... /usr/ucb/Mail ... DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/mail and /usr/ucb/Mail are provided as links to /usr/bin/mailx. See mailx(1) for more information on the usage of these commands. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: /usr/ucb/mail +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ /usr/ucb/Mail +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailx(1),attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 19 Aug 1998 mail(1B)