Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding people
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Finding people Post 302209718 by tekjunky on Saturday 28th of June 2008 02:13:19 AM
Old 06-28-2008
Lost Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedder191
I am trying to find my brother and am running out of options.
Well, as options are low... here is a shot in the dark. Try main stream socializing sites (exampe: myspace). With more info (interests, habbits) most guys/gals here could also give you more options but I am assuming you have tried the usual methods (white pages online, net detective, etc...). The idea is to get creative and remember that if he lives in the US then you can be 99.9% positive he has a publicly viewable paper trail (even if digital) SOMEWHERE.

Court Houses have public records for Marriage, Divorce, Traffic Tickets, etc... and they are usually viewable online. Tenacity is a give in here. If you are not the tenacious type get that way or you will probably give up before you find your brother.

Having found 3 long lost relatives many states away from where I last knew they lived and no way of knowing they might have moved there, I UNDERSTAND the fight believe me.

Good luck, I hope you find your brother.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix for MS People

Hello Unix gods! I'm probably a pretty good programmer (on the windows/web/asp/iis side of things) with a good background in IT, but am looking for a new and fresh challenge, hence, I purchased a Sun Ultra5 system with Solaris 7 installed!! I'm quite good when it comes to "IBM compatibles" and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NEWX
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can we set it so people can't use the same password twice?

If we have it so users accounts need a new password after 90 days is there a way to also say that after 90 days they need to use a new password and not let them use the same one twice? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

What people should be aware of

I you haven't already see it yet, I just wanted to share with you the following video : How lobbies controls international organizations regarding Food/Health ... Dailymotion - NWO - Nouvel Ordre Mondial - Codex Alimentarius - Food Plan - une vidéo News & Politics What happen when fees come... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctsgnb
2 Replies
INFO(5) 							File Formats Manual							   INFO(5)

NAME
info - readable online documentation DESCRIPTION
The Info file format is an easily-parsable representation for online documents. It can be read by emacs(1) and info(1) among other pro- grams. Info files are usually created from texinfo(5) sources by makeinfo(1), but can be created from scratch if so desired. For a full description of the Texinfo language and associated tools, please see the Texinfo manual (written in Texinfo itself). Most likely, running this command from your shell: info texinfo or this key sequence from inside Emacs: M-x info RET m texinfo RET will get you there. AVAILABILITY
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/texinfo-<version>.tar.gz or any GNU mirror site. REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to bug-texinfo@gnu.org, general questions and discussion to help-texinfo@gnu.org. SEE ALSO
info(1), install-info(1), makeinfo(1), texi2dvi(1), texindex(1). emacs(1), tex(1). texinfo(5). FSF
GNU Info INFO(5)