Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting disk information from multiple servers Post 302209703 by quine on Friday 27th of June 2008 09:48:58 PM
Old 06-27-2008
You put those 2 lines into a script, and then you run the script (a copy on each server) with cron...

It sounds like you want some way to trigger these things, all 10 of them, from one place when ever you feel like it. That means you have to log-in to each server in turn and execute the command, etc. There is a unix utility called "rsh" (remote shell). You might want look at that, but I'm usually for the KISS principle.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

hard disk information in AIX

Hi, Other than df -k, is there any command that will tell me all physical hard drives installed on the system as well as the size of each one? I'm using AIX 5.1 Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quickfirststep
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh to change multiple ip in multiple servers?

good day. i jsut wanted to know what is the best script or the best way changing a lot of Ip's in all servers. Do you have any idea? im using awk to change IP,what if, you have lots of servers. You need to change it one by one? It will take time to change it manually. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate disk usage in different servers

Hello, I'm writing a script to monitor different filesystems in multiple servers. And depending on the % free, my script will send an Alert email if % free is less than threshold. I want to keep a input_feed_file which would have "server,filesystem". If I run a script a host 'a', then I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bperl
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Command to List Hard Disk Information

I have a SparcStation5 that is making sounds that make me think the disk drive(s) may be on the verge of quiting. What is the command to list the disk types and sizes? I'm thinking I can possibly pick up another drive or two and compy the exisiting drives while they are still working. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muletrainman
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Using USERNAME variable for getting disk quota information

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. I am trying to write a script where my professor will log in and the script will give him his quota info with the LOGNAME variables, etc. 2. standard I'm not exactly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchapma1
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Finding disk information

Hi, I would like to know how to find out whether hard disk is local or mapped from storage, on my server both hard disk are there, Please guide me. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Information About Solid State Disk in Linux

Hello, I have few HDD and SSD installed in my RHEL 5 server. I want to know which disk are SDD and which are HDD. What command should I use? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
3 Replies

8. AIX

read lv mountpoint information directly from disk

Hello, I need to get the lv mountpoint from the hdisk directly (from vgda i guess) and not from odm or /etc/filesystems I knew the command, but unfortunately I forgot it ;) cheers funksen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inconsistent disk information.

On one of the Unix server B.11.31. a disk that has been provisioned from the VMAX, but according to the diskinfo its show coming from clarion. sudo /opt/emc/SYMCLI/bin/symvg sho /dev/vg_<name> Volume Group Name : /dev/vg_<name> Volume Group Type : HP-UX LVM Volume Group State ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to apply the update statement in multiple servers on multiple dbs at a time .?

Hi , Can any please help the below requirement on all multiple servers and multiple dbs. update configuration set value='yes' ;1) the above statement apply on 31 Databases at a time on different Ip address eg : 10.104.1.12 (unix ip address ) the above ip box contains 4 db's eg : db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
RSH(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RSH(1)

NAME
rsh -- remote shell SYNOPSIS
rsh [-46dn] [-l username] [-t timeout] host [command] DESCRIPTION
The rsh utility executes command on host. The rsh utility copies its standard input to the remote command, the standard output of the remote command to its standard output, and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error. Interrupt, quit and terminate signals are propagated to the remote command; rsh normally terminates when the remote command does. The options are as follows: -4 Use IPv4 addresses only. -6 Use IPv6 addresses only. -d Turn on socket debugging (using setsockopt(2)) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. -l username Allow the remote username to be specified. By default, the remote username is the same as the local username. Authorization is deter- mined as in rlogin(1). -n Redirect input from the special device /dev/null (see the BUGS section of this manual page). -t timeout Allow a timeout to be specified (in seconds). If no data is sent or received in this time, rsh will exit. If no command is specified, you will be logged in on the remote host using rlogin(1). Shell metacharacters which are not quoted are interpreted on local machine, while quoted metacharacters are interpreted on the remote machine. For example, the command rsh otherhost cat remotefile >> localfile appends the remote file remotefile to the local file localfile, while rsh otherhost cat remotefile ">>" other_remotefile appends remotefile to other_remotefile. FILES
/etc/hosts /etc/auth.conf SEE ALSO
rlogin(1), setsockopt(2), rcmd(3), ruserok(3), auth.conf(5), hosts(5), hosts.equiv(5), rlogind(8), rshd(8) HISTORY
The rsh command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
If you are using csh(1) and put a rsh in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal, it will block even if no reads are posted by the remote command. If no input is desired you should redirect the input of rsh to /dev/null using the -n option. You cannot run an interactive command (like ee(1) or vi(1)) using rsh; use rlogin(1) instead. Stop signals stop the local rsh process only; this is arguably wrong, but currently hard to fix for reasons too complicated to explain here. BSD
October 16, 2002 BSD