Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting disk information from multiple servers Post 302209586 by quine on Friday 27th of June 2008 11:53:32 AM
Old 06-27-2008
I don't understand the issue.... Why not write a script and put a copy on each server under cron control to run 3 times a day and email you? You can even get the date in the subject......

Z=`date`
df -m | mail -s "From server X on $Z" youremailaddress

something like that... Quotes around email subject (the -s parm) have to be double quotes or the $Z will not be expanded....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

hard disk information in AIX

Hi, Other than df -k, is there any command that will tell me all physical hard drives installed on the system as well as the size of each one? I'm using AIX 5.1 Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quickfirststep
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh to change multiple ip in multiple servers?

good day. i jsut wanted to know what is the best script or the best way changing a lot of Ip's in all servers. Do you have any idea? im using awk to change IP,what if, you have lots of servers. You need to change it one by one? It will take time to change it manually. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate disk usage in different servers

Hello, I'm writing a script to monitor different filesystems in multiple servers. And depending on the % free, my script will send an Alert email if % free is less than threshold. I want to keep a input_feed_file which would have "server,filesystem". If I run a script a host 'a', then I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bperl
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Command to List Hard Disk Information

I have a SparcStation5 that is making sounds that make me think the disk drive(s) may be on the verge of quiting. What is the command to list the disk types and sizes? I'm thinking I can possibly pick up another drive or two and compy the exisiting drives while they are still working. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muletrainman
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Using USERNAME variable for getting disk quota information

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. I am trying to write a script where my professor will log in and the script will give him his quota info with the LOGNAME variables, etc. 2. standard I'm not exactly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchapma1
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Finding disk information

Hi, I would like to know how to find out whether hard disk is local or mapped from storage, on my server both hard disk are there, Please guide me. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Information About Solid State Disk in Linux

Hello, I have few HDD and SSD installed in my RHEL 5 server. I want to know which disk are SDD and which are HDD. What command should I use? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
3 Replies

8. AIX

read lv mountpoint information directly from disk

Hello, I need to get the lv mountpoint from the hdisk directly (from vgda i guess) and not from odm or /etc/filesystems I knew the command, but unfortunately I forgot it ;) cheers funksen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inconsistent disk information.

On one of the Unix server B.11.31. a disk that has been provisioned from the VMAX, but according to the diskinfo its show coming from clarion. sudo /opt/emc/SYMCLI/bin/symvg sho /dev/vg_<name> Volume Group Name : /dev/vg_<name> Volume Group Type : HP-UX LVM Volume Group State ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to apply the update statement in multiple servers on multiple dbs at a time .?

Hi , Can any please help the below requirement on all multiple servers and multiple dbs. update configuration set value='yes' ;1) the above statement apply on 31 Databases at a time on different Ip address eg : 10.104.1.12 (unix ip address ) the above ip box contains 4 db's eg : db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
ftpmail(1)						      General Commands Manual							ftpmail(1)

NAME
ftpmail - FIFO-based Perl script for sending email based on proftpd TransferLog SYNOPSIS
ftpmail [ --help ] [ --fifo fifo-path ] [ --from email-address ] [ --log xferlog-file ] [ --recipient email-address ] [ --subject email- subject ] [ --smtp-server server-address ] [ --attach-file ] [ --auth smtp-auth-info-file ] [ --ignore-users regex-pattern ] [ --watch- users regex-pattern ] DESCRIPTION
ftpmail is a Perl script designed to read ProFTPD's TransferLog log entries, watching for uploads, and to send an automatic email notifica- tion when uploads occur. To use ftpmail , you configure your proftpd daemon to write its TransferLog to a FIFO; the ftpmail program is a FIFO reading program which then processes those log messages. OPTIONS
--help Display a short usage description, including all available options. --attach-file If used, this will cause a copy of the uploaded file to be included, as an attachment, in the generated email. --auth smtp-auth-info-file Configures the path to a file containing SMTP authentication information. The configured file should look like this: user username password password --fifo fifo-path Indicates the path to the FIFO to which proftpd is writing its TransferLog. That is, this is the path that you used for the TransferLog directive in your proftpd.conf. This parameter is REQUIRED. --from email-address Specifies the email address to use in the From email header. This parameter is REQUIRED. --ignore-users regex-pattern Specifies a Perl regular expression. If the uploading user name matches this regular expression, then an email notification is NOT sent; otherwise, an email is sent. --log xferlog-path Since this script reads the TransferLog using FIFOs, the actual TransferLog file is not written by default. Use this option to write the normal TransferLog file, in addition to watching for uploads. --recipient email-address Specifies an email address to which to send an email notification of the upload. This option can be used multiple times to specify multiple recipients. AT LEAST ONE recipient is REQUIRED. --smtp-server server-address Specifies the SMTP server to which to send the email. This parameter is REQUIRED. --subject subject Specify a custom Subject email header for the email sent. The default Subject is: User '$user' uploaded file '$file' via FTP --watch-users regex-pattern Specifies a Perl regular expression. If the uploading user name matches this regular expression, then an email notification is sent; otherwise, no email is sent. FILES
/var/log/xferlog AUTHORS
ProFTPD is written and maintained by a number of people, full credits can be found on http://www.proftpd.org/credits.html SEE ALSO
proftpd(8), xferlog(5) Full documentation on ProFTPD, including configuration and FAQs, is available at http://www.proftpd.org/ For help/support, try the ProFTPD mailing lists, detailed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html Report bugs at http://bugs.proftpd.org/ March 2011 ftpmail(1)