Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C programming + problem with char arrays Post 302209560 by ramen_noodle on Friday 27th of June 2008 10:38:39 AM
Old 06-27-2008
Did you take a look at the source of basename?
DragonflyBSD has pretty respectable code to browse via CVSweb.
src/usr.bin/basename/basename.c - view - 1.11

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

char array problem

hello i have a program in C (Unix - SOlaris5.7), and i have the next question: i have a lot of char variable, and i want store their values in a char array. The problem is what i donīt know how to put the char variable's value into the array, and i don`t know how to define the array please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with arrays in awk

Hello! I'm trying to make a script that will make a list of the files in a source tree and sort them by size. Problem is I've run into a weird problem. print array will give me numbers like 160, 220, 444 that i don't even know where they come from, and print array will give me the correct numbers... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glauco
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem assigning variables to arrays

Hi All, I have a problem assigning variables to script.I have a script in which i have a while loop now i have to assign some values obtained to an array which will be used later in the script.Can anyone help how to do that. At present my scrot looks like: co=0 pco=0 co=`cat /tmp/highcpu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
4 Replies

4. Programming

char problem ?

Here is a C function that replaces some non-ASCII chars to html decimal entities. It seems that the char "į" does not get replaced correctly but the rest do. Any idea why this is happening ? (Please note that I had to place a space before each ; or they would not post correctly in this forum... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
7 Replies

5. Programming

Char arrays

This is in C++. Is there a way to take characters out of input data? For example, hello 0 1 2 3 4 5 is within my double dimensional array: char arr; How would I output only the characters h,e,l,l,o? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttster
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with arrays

Hi I have two arrays: arr1 = (demo demo2 demo3 demo4 demo5) arr2 = (demo2 test demo) I want to check that the values the "arr2" are present in "arr1" Example arr1 = (demo demo2 demo3 demo4 demo5) arr2 = (demo2 test demo) Output: Error arr1 = (demo demo2 demo3 demo4 demo5)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blito_loco
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with arrays and loop

Hello , im sorry for my english . im trying to create a dynamic menu that will display if the interface is ACTIVE OR STOPPED/FAILED for some reason i cant get it to work properly start_interface_func() { i=0 for interface_chk in 11 71 73 72 12 47 48 49 50 20 23 24 25 46 21 22 27 28... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: visiown
5 Replies

8. Programming

problem in multiplying arrays

Hi, this is my code.It's simple : there are 2 2D arrays and the multiplied to C. #include<stdio.h> #include<sys/shm.h> #include<sys/stat.h> #include<stdlib.h> main() { int *A; //A int *B; //B int *C; //C int i,j,x,k,d; int id; ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: giampoul
17 Replies

9. Programming

STL algorithm merge() function to concatenate char arrays

When the STL generic algorithm's merge() function is used to merge two char arrays, the output is not as expected. Below is the program I tried with. #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> #include <cstring> #include <deque> #include <iterator> using namespace std; int main() { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multidimensional arrays Shell Programming and Scripting

I have two files: file-1 is a list of number of interfaces in the switch and file-2 have VLAN-ID , VLAN-NAME , Interface belong to that VLAN like this: file-1: 1/1 1/2 1/3 1/4 1/5 . . file-2: 1,"vlan-wifi",1/1,1/7,1/8 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SULTAN01
9 Replies
confstr(3C)															       confstr(3C)

NAME
confstr() - get string-valued configuration values SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
provides a method for applications to get configuration-defined string values. Its use and purpose are similar to (see sysconf(2)), except that it is used where string values rather than numeric values are returned. The name parameter can take on the following name values, which are defined in A default value for the environment variable which can be used to locate commands in Section 1 of the and utilities defined in the POSIX.2 standard that are currently implemented in the HP-UX operating system. Which kernel is supported on the hardware. Current values returned include "32", "32/64" or "64". Whether the kernel is 32-bit or 64-bit. Current values returned include "32" or "64". The hardware model string. Unique identifier for each machine. Returned as an opaque string of printable ASCII characters. This string has the same value for all partitions in a physical machine. Refer to for a unique identifier for partitions in a machine. For hardware classes first released with HP-UX 11i or later, this ID is unique across all hardware classes. For earlier hardware classes, the ID number is unique only within the hard- ware class. A null string is returned if no ID number is available; this is expected to be the case only for proto- type machines or other systems improperly configured in manufacturing. Comparisons of this value must be made using the string compare functions, see string(3C). Identifier for each partition existing on a machine. Returned as an opaque string of printable ASCII characters. For any machine not supporting partitions this value will be the same as Com- parisons of this value must be made using the string compare functions, see string(3C). Machine serial number. The value will be a printable ASCII string. This string is not available on all classes of machines; if unavailable, the string will be empty. This string is not a unique identifier of the machine, since machines of different classes can have the same serial number. If a unique identifier is needed, use or The set of initial options to be given to the and utilities to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, long, pointer, and off_t types. The set of final options to be given to the and utilities to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, long, pointer, and off_t types. The set of libraries to be given to the and utilities to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, long, pointer, and off_t types. The set of options to be given to the utility to check application source using a programming model with 32-bit int, long, pointer, and off_t types. The set of initial options to be given to the and utilities to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, long, and pointer types, and an off_t type using at least 64-bits. The set of final options to be given to the and utilities to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, long, and pointer types, and an off_t type using at least 64-bits. The set of libraries to be given to the and utilities to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, long, and pointer types, and an off_t type using at least 64-bits. The set of options to be given to the utility to check application source using a programming model with 32-bit int, long, and pointer types, and an off_t type using at least 64-bits. The set of initial options to be given to the and utilities to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, and 64-bit long, pointer, and off_t types. The set of final options to be given to the and utilities to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, and 64-bit long, pointer, and off_t types. The set of libraries to be given to the and utilities to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, and 64-bit long, pointer, and off_t types. The set of options to be given to the utility to check application source using a programming model with 32-bit int, and 64-bit long, pointer, and off_t types. The set of initial options to be given to the and utilities to build an application using a programming model with an int type using 32 bits and long, pointer, and off_t types using at least 64-bits. The set of libraries to be given to the and utilities to build an application using a programming model with an int type using 32 bits and long, pointer, and off_t types using at least 64-bits. The set of libraries to be given to the and utilities to build an application using a programming model with an int type using 32 bits and long, pointer, and off_t types using at least 64-bits. The set of options to be given to the utility to check application source using a programming model with an int type using 32 bits and long, pointer, and off_t types using at least 64-bits. The set of initial options to be given to the utility to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, long, pointer, and off_t types. The set of final options to be given to the utility to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, long, pointer, and off_t types. The set of libraries to be given to the utility to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, long, pointer, and off_t types. The set of initial options to be given to the utility to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, long, and pointer types, and an off_t type using at least 64 bits. The set of final options to be given to the utility to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, long, and pointer types, and an off_t type using at least 64 bits. The set of libraries to be given to the utility to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int, long, and pointer types, and an off_t type using at least 64 bits. The set of initial options to be given to the utility to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int and 64-bit long, pointer, and off_t types. The set of final options to be given to the utility to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int and 64-bit long, pointer, and off_t types. The set of libraries to be given to the utility to build an application using a programming model with 32-bit int and 64-bit long, pointer, and off_t types. The set of initial options to be given to the utility to build an application using a programming model with an int type using at least 32 bits and long, pointer, and off_t types using at least 64 bits. The set of final options to be given to the utility to build an application using a programming model with an int type using at least 32 bits and long, pointer, and off_t types using at least 64 bits. The set of libraries to be given to the utility to build an application using a programming model with an int type using at least 32 bits and long, pointer, and off_t types using at least 64 bits. This value is a <newline>-separated list of names of programming environments supported by the implementation in which the widths of the blksize_t, cc_t, mode_t, nfds_t, pid_t, ptrdiff_t, size_t, speed_t, ssize_t, suseconds_t, tcflag_t, useconds_t, wchar_t, and wint_t types are no greater than the width of type long. If len is not zero, and if name is known and has a configuration-defined value, copies that value into the len-byte buffer pointed to by buf. If the string to be returned is longer than len bytes, including the terminating null, truncates the string to len-1 bytes and null- terminates the result. The application can detect that the string was truncated by comparing the value returned by with len. If len is zero and buf is NULL, returns the integer value as defined below, but does not return a string. If len is zero but buf is not NULL, the result is unspecified. RETURN VALUE
If name is invalid, returns zero and sets to If name does not have a configuration-defined value, returns 0 (zero) and leaves unchanged. If name has a configuration-defined value, returns the size of buffer that would be needed to hold the entire configuration-defined value. If this return value is less than len, the string returned in buf has been truncated. EXAMPLES
The following code fragment calls to determine the correct buffer size for allocates space for this buffer, then gets the configuration value for AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
symbolic constants and structures used for support of the /usr/group standard SEE ALSO
getconf(1), errno(2), fpathconf(2), pathconf(2), sysconf(2), malloc(3C), thread_safety(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
confstr(3C)