Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: do-while inside switch
Top Forums Programming do-while inside switch Post 302209354 by lagigliaivan on Thursday 26th of June 2008 04:10:34 PM
Old 06-26-2008
Hi,

I'm sorry, I have to improve my C programming.
If there is someone who still thinking about this exercise, here is again, but now indented.

void duff(register char *to, register char *from, register int count)
{
register int n=(count+7)/8;
switch(count%8){
case 0:
do{
*to++ = *from++;
case 7: *to++ = *from++;
case 6: *to++ = *from++;
case 5: *to++ = *from++;
case 4: *to++ = *from++;
case 3: *to++ = *from++;
case 2: *to++ = *from++;
case 1: *to++ = *from++;
}while( --n >0);
}
}

"case" labels do not belong to the switch keyword.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

can you switch

hi, i am try to run following script in c-shell, using switch command. #!/bin/csh choice=0 while do echo "system monitor" echo " 1) system paging 2) system file inf. 3) system disk inf. 9) exit " echo "select an option: \c" read choice case $choice in 1)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neer45
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

switch user inside a script

Hi, I wrote a unix script that will perform differnt tasks on bahalf of number of users. I use "sudo" to run the script. The problem is when I execute the command: su - user -c "xxx " > output_file, I get the system output header frm the su command. Is there a way to get rid of it instdead of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping a array inside inside ssh is not working, pls help

set -A arr a1 a2 a3 a4 # START ssh -xq $Server1 -l $Username /usr/bin/ksh <<-EOS integer j=0 for loop in ${arr} do printf "array - ${arr}\n" (( j = j + 1 )) j=`expr j+1` done EOS # END ========= this is not giving me correct output. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

switch user inside a script

Hi Is there any way to switch user inside a shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ./hari.sh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help for cp with -p switch

Guys, I need to copy files from source to destination with datetime preserved I did it with cp -p <source>/file <destinaltion>/file But when I do stat command on copied file , it seems the copied file has "change time" modified. Please guide me in understanding (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan_xunil
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switch user inside shell script

Hi, I am trying to create one script where I have to login as another user inside the script to exeute some commands How can i achieve this? Many thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prarat
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renumber position 88-94 inside all files matching criteria inside folder

There are 4 files inside one folder matching criteria i.e. File name = ABCJmdmfbsjopXXXXXXX_mm-dd-yyyy_XXX.data Here is the Code which find the files matching criteria:- TS=`date +"%m-%d-%Y"`| for fname in `find . -name "ABCJmdmfbsjop???????_${TS}*.data"` do # Matching File Processing Code.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Switch to su

Hi, I've put the correct root password but why do I get this below? huamin@SOL11I:~$ su Password: su: Sorry huamin@SOL11I:~$ Many Thanks & Best Regards, HuaMin (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: HuaMin
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switch user without password inside shell

I want to switch to another user without password inside shell. I used the below command and it is not working. sudo su - user1 user1 is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported. I'm getting the above message. If I want to add user1 into the sudoers file using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
5 Replies
STRING(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 STRING(3)

NAME
strcat, strncat, strcmp, strncmp, strcasecmp, strncasecmp, strcpy, strncpy, strlen, index, rindex - string operations SYNOPSIS
#include <strings.h> char *strcat(s, append) char *s, *append; char *strncat(s, append, count) char *s, *append; int count; strcmp(s1, s2) char *s1, *s2; strncmp(s1, s2, count) char *s1, *s2; int count; strcasecmp(s1, s2) char *s1, *s2; strncasecmp(s1, s2, count) char *s1, *s2; int count; char *strcpy(to, from) char *to, *from; char *strncpy(to, from, count) char *to, *from; int count; strlen(s) char *s; char *index(s, c) char *s, c; char *rindex(s, c) char *s, c; DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on null-terminated strings. They do not check for overflow of any receiving string. Strcat appends a copy of string append to the end of string s. Strncat copies at most count characters. Both return a pointer to the null- terminated result. Strcmp compares its arguments and returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, according as s1 is lexicographically greater than, equal to, or less than s2. Strncmp makes the same comparison but looks at at most count characters. Strcasecmp and strncasecmp are identical in function, but are case insensitive. The returned lexicographic difference reflects a conversion to lower-case. Strcpy copies string from to to, stopping after the null character has been moved. Strncpy copies exactly count characters, appending nulls if from is less than count characters in length; the target may not be null-terminated if the length of from is count or more. Both return to. Strlen returns the number of non-null characters in s. Index (rindex) returns a pointer to the first (last) occurrence of character c in string s or zero if c does not occur in the string. Set- ting c to NULL works. 4th Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1987 STRING(3)