Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Connecting to UNIX server
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Connecting to UNIX server Post 302209125 by bobs on Thursday 26th of June 2008 02:22:23 AM
Old 06-26-2008
Connecting to UNIX server

Hi,

My knowledge bucket of UNIX is almost empty. I have developed an application in EXCEL which can create XML files (Metadata) from Binaries.
These binaries are stored in UNIX server on regular intervals. Currently I am transferring all binaries(GBs of files) to WINDOWS using WINSCP and running my programme.

Just wondering, is it possible to connect and reach to UNIX folder directly. It will remove a great hassle for me.

Thanks for reasing and responses.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to samba server from unix command line

Hi, I am trying to connect to a samba server from my unix command line. I am using Ubuntu and I can access the server from the GUI, but I need to write a script to automate a backup. Does anyone know how to do a cd into a smb drive from the unix command line? Thanks, Eric (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting UNIX/Linux to NTP server

Hello i want to connect my solaris & Linux boxes to ntp server i used the command /usr/sbin/ntpdate -s -b -p 8 -u <NTP-IP> and added the NTP server as server in /etc/ntp.conf please help in completing the process and verifying it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learn82
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting my server to comcast

Hi, I just setup a server running centos 4 that I am going to use for a mail server. I setup NAT in my router to open up the smtp port and i assigned the server a static ip address using ifconfig. Now is there a step im missing because now i cant route out of the server or ping anything? Oh btw... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to remote unix server using java?

I need help writing java code that can connect to a remote unix server, and run a script on that server. I have scoured the internet, but I have been unable to find proper documentation on how this can be accomplished. Any help is appreciated thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: developncode
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Connecting to a remote server

Hi, I have an interesting problem. I cannot connect to a personal server I set up. What's interesting is that I can connect to it from the LAN using its non-local IP address. However, I cannot seem to connect to it from anywhere else. Here's how my server is set up: My entire home has a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Altay_H
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to multiple unix server from unix server using shell script

Hi Gurus, I'm a unix newbie and I would like to connect to multiple unix servers from unix server using shell script i.e from server a to server b,c,d etc. I want to copy the files from unix server a to server b, c, d. I can access staright using ssh without the need to have password and user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
5 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Error while connecting to MySQl Server 5.1.34 on UNIX platform.

Hi, I have MySQL 5.1.34 installed on Solaris and Linux machine. MySQl installed Solaris Machine - A.A.A.A Remote Machine - B.B.B.B I have user in mysql.user as below: | user | password | host |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Unix server through Oracle

Hi, I need some help regarding oracle with unix script Actually i have a shell script and i want that it gets triggered through a oracle Db.I dont have any idea how is it done, even whether it is possible....pls help.....!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows Server

Hi, One of the folders in UNIX is mapped with a drive on Windows.From this UNIX machine I want to connect to the Windows Server, perform some checks and view the results back on the UNIX machine. For e.g. if I touch a file under the shared folder on UNIX, I should be able to telnet to Windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows server from UNIX through script

I am trying to connect to a Windows server say 10.1.1.10. This servers has a folder named RAJ in which there are multiple .zip files. All these zip files contain a text file called XYZ.txt. Now i have to merge the content of these XYZ.txt files from each of the .zip file and create a new text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapniljadav
1 Replies
standards(5)							File Formats Manual						      standards(5)

NAME
standards - UNIX standards behavior on HP-UX DESCRIPTION
HP-UX conforms to various UNIX standards. In some cases, these standards conflict. This manpage describes the methods that programmers and users must follow to have an application conform and execute according to a particular UNIX standard. UNIX Standard Conformant Programmer Environment The following table lists feature test macros and environment variables that must be defined while compiling an application. Both a fea- ture test macro and an environment variable must be defined while compiling the application so that the application conforms and executes according to a particular UNIX standard. Otherwise, the behavior is undefined. Standard Feature Test Macros to be Environment variable defined during compilation to be set UNIX 95 _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED=1 UNIX95 or UNIX_STD=95 or UNIX_STD=1995 UNIX 2003 _XOPEN_SOURCE=600 UNIX_STD=2003 The compiler uses the feature test macros to obtain the appropriate namespace from the header files. The compiler uses the environment variable to link in an appropriate object file to the executable. Using the environment variable customizes libc to match UNIX standards for various functions. If an application has already been compiled for default HP-UX behavior or for one particular standard, and needs to change to a particular UNIX standard behavior, recompile the application as specified in the above table. For an HP-UX command to conform to a particular UNIX standard behavior, the application has to set the corresponding environment variable as specified in the above table before executing that command. UNIX Standard Conformant User Environment To enable a particular UNIX standard conformant user environment, set the corresponding environment variable as defined in the above table. EXAMPLES
The following examples shows an application example. To have the system be conformant to UNIX2003 behavior, set the environment variable to and define the feature test macro before compilation. The following example changes the command to have UNIX95 behavior by setting one of the environment variables to or to before executing that command. There are three ways of setting the environment variable for UNIX95: or or SEE ALSO
cc(1), stdsyms(5). standards(5)