Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to list out the output in one paragraph Post 302209107 by fara_aris on Wednesday 25th of June 2008 11:05:23 PM
Old 06-26-2008
spirtle,

I tried with single process first;
root@axdevt01::/tmp/fara/script> cat grep2.sh
#process=df
process=server1
ps -ef | grep $process | grep -v grep > /dev/null
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
then
procs_up="$procs_up $process"
else
procs_down="$procs_down $process"
fi

if [ ${procs_down} -eq 0 ]
then
echo All processes are up, OK.
else
for p in $procs_up
do
echo "$p is up. OK"
done
for p in $procs_down
do
echo "$p is not up. please check"
done
fi

And this is the output;
root@axdevt01::/tmp/fara/script> grep2.sh
grep2.sh[12]: test: argument expected
server1 is up. OK

Then I tried df (not server1, df is not up), and this is the output;
root@axdevt01::/tmp/fara/script> grep2.sh
grep2.sh[12]: df: bad number
df is not up. please check

Any advise?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold the paragraph

Hi, I have a file with multiple paragraph. I want to look for some word and make that paragraph bold. How can I do that? Thanks, Karthik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: caprikar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for a 3 line paragraph

i would like to ask how to make a script that in evry 3 lines of my paragraph(below) it would appear like this: $ cat myparagraph this is line 1 this is line 2 this is line3 this is line 4 this is 5 this 6 this is 7 this 8 ==================================================== $ cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a paragraph

Hi, Consider the following paragraph. This is line1. This is line2, This is last line. I need the output as 4:This is last line. i.e The line after the blank line should be displayed along with line number. I am a unix begineer.Any one please help me to solve this problem (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need your HELP:: Shell script to detect paragraph in coordinate-based code.

Hi Friends!! I have obtained following output from a tool called pdftoxml: <xml> <text top="423" left="521" width="333" height="20" font="3">Although the the number of fuzzy rules of a system is </text> <text top="441" left="500" width="355" height="20" font="3">directly dependant on these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a script to find socials in files and output a list of those files

I am trying to find socail security numbers in files in (and under) a specific directory and output a list of the files where they are found... the format would be with no dashes just 9 numeric characters in a row. I have tried this: find /DirToLookIn -exec grep '\{9\}' /dev/null {} \; >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output text from 1st paragraph in file w/ a specific string through last paragraph of file w/ string

Hi, I'm trying to output all text from the first paragraph in a file that contains a specific string through the last paragraph in that file that contains that string. Previously, I was outputting just each paragraph with that search string with: cat in_file | nawk '{RS=""; FS="\n";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carpenn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to extract paragraph with globs in it

Hi, Its been a long time since I have used Bash to write a script so am really struggling here. Need the gurus to help me out. uname -a Linux lxserv01 2.6.18-417.el5 i have a text file with blocks of code written in a similar manner ******* BEGIN MESSAGE ******* Station /... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need list of input and output parameter of task in a text file, using shell script

//file begin ===== //some code task abcd_; input x; input y,z; //some comment output w; //some comment reg p; integer q; begin //some code end endtask : abcd_ //some code //file end ===== expected output from above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rishifrnds
1 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)