Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print lines after grep
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print lines after grep Post 302208940 by danmero on Wednesday 25th of June 2008 10:41:17 AM
Old 06-25-2008
Code:
awk '/START/{f=NR;print NR}{if(NR > f && NR < f+12) print}' data.file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX equivalent to GNU grep's -B and -A [print lines after or before matching lines]

Hi folks I am not allowed to install GNU grep on AIX. Here my code excerpt: grep_fatal () { /usr/sfw/bin/gegrep -B4 -A2 "FATAL|QUEUE|SIGHUP" } Howto the same on AIX based machine? from manual GNU grep ‘--after-context=num’ Print num lines of trailing context after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two lines after grep for a text string

I have several very large file that are extracts from Oracle tables. These files are formatted in XML type syntax with multiple entries like: <ROW> some information more information </ROW> I want to grep for some words, then print all lines between <ROW> AND </ROW>. Can this be done with AWK?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbruce
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the above and below lines for the grep pattern.

Hi, i would like to get the above and below lines of the grep pattern . For ex : file as below: chk1- aaaa 1-Nov chk2 -aaaa ########## chk1-bbbbbb 1-Nov chk2-bbbbbb ######### my search pattern is date : 1-Nov i need the o/p as below chk1- aaaa 1-Nov (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines before and after..not grep -A

Hi I have this in my file 2011-04-18 15:32:11 system-alert-00012: UDP flood! From xxxxxx to yyyyyyyyyy, int ethernet0/2). Occurred 1 times. 2011-04-18 15:32:11 system-alert-00012: UDP flood! From xxxxxx to yyyyyyyyyy, int ethernet0/2). Occurred 1 times. 2011-04-18 15:32:11... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and print next 10 Lines separated by ,

Hi All, I need to grep through a file for a string and print the next ten lines to a file separating the lines with a , and save it as a csv file to open it as a XL file. The 10 lines should be on a sigle row in xl. Any suggesstions please. Note; I dont have a GNU Grep to use -A flag. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nani369
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for the string and then print the next 4 lines

RHEL 5.8 I have a text file like below. I want to grep for a string and then print the next 4 lines including the line with the string I grepped for For eg: I want grep for the string HANS and then print the next 4 lines including HANS $ cat someText.txt JOHN NATIONALITY:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
7 Replies

7. AIX

Grep a pattern and print following n lines

Hi all, I am struck with the below requirement. I need to grep a particular pattern in a file and then print next n lines of it for further processing. I have used the below code grep -A 3 "pattern" filename But it is throwing error as below. grep: illegal option -- A Can... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print N number of lines before and after the grep?

Hi , My record file , need to print up to above (DATA array)(there may be n no lines ) , grep "myvalue" row now .....suggest me some options --- DATA Array--- record type xxxxx sequence type yyyyy 2 3---> data1 /dev/ --- DEVICE --- MAXIMUM_People= data_blocks= MY_value=2 xyz abc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huvan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print remaining lines using grep

Hi All, I am having a text file like below ERROR - Not a valid ID : 123 ERROR - Not a valid hello ID : 124 SUCCESS - Valid ID : 12 I need to display like below after reading the file if it finds the error keyword along with displaying this first line when error pattern... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
10 Replies
Extratags(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Extratags(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Extratags - Useful Extensions for the CGI Module SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Extratags; $cgi = new CGI::Extratags; print $cgi -> email ('racke@linuxia.de'); print $cgi -> jump ('CONTACT', 'contact us'); print $cgi -> mark ('CONTACT', $cgi -> h2 ('How to contact us')); print $cgi -> row ('Date', 18, 1, 1966); print $cgi -> recall ('Debian CD', artnum => '0-123456'); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Extratags adds several useful methods to the CGI class. email ADDRESS print $cgi -> email ('racke@linuxia.de'); Produces HTML code for a link to an email ADDRESS. jump MARK TEXT print $cgi -> jump ('CONTACT', 'contact us'); Produces HTML code for a link pointing to a target within the current document. mark NAME TEXT print $cgi -> mark ('CONTACT', $cgi -> h2 ('How to contact us')); Generates target NAME for hyperlinks. row [ITEM ...] print $cgi -> row ('Date', 18, 1, 1966); Produces HTML code for a table row with ITEM arguments as cell contents. recall TEXT [NAME [VALUE]] ... foreach my $num (sort (keys %artmap)) { print $cgi -> recall ($artmap{$num}, artnum => $num); print $cgi -> br; } Produces a link to the script itself labeled with TEXT. The NAME/VALUE pairs will be passed as parameters. AUTHOR
Stefan Hornburg, racke@linuxia.de SEE ALSO
perl(1), URI::Escape(3), CGI(3). perl v5.8.4 2004-07-11 Extratags(3pm)