Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting compare two tables using shell script Post 302208840 by sabyasm on Wednesday 25th of June 2008 05:34:46 AM
Old 06-25-2008
There are simple database command to find the difference.

Example: if you are using oracle you can use the command:

select * from A minus select * from B;

(A and B be the table name)

from shell script if you want to find : you would need to think of some delimeter which doesn't occur in your table data...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tables to query to find users for database from shell script

I am coding shell script. I need to connect to different databases like DB2, Oracle and Sybase. I would then need to query tables where it has all the groups, users for that database. I would also need who has what kind of permissions. EG: I know for DB2 some TABAUTH table needs to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for comparing data of tables

Hi, I have two databases with same tables on different servers.I need to check the data content in each table and if something is missing, should print that. I have a tool which takes the snapshot the table structure,index so on and compares with the other server tables snapshot. Now i need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nessj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the rowcount from tables of two databases

All, I have to create a shell script to comapre the rowcount of 120 tables from two oracle databases. In fact, using informatica the data is loading from 120 source tables to 120 staging tables. After that, they want to have a shell script to comapre the rowcount of all these tables. 1) I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maya_Pillai
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in updating the tables inside shell script

I have an input file with contents like : 1LMXTJJD0W28TX2 1LS1XJGDEVWAC5T 1LK81JVDE2HRNDG 1LMXTJJD0W28TX2 1LS1XJGDEVWAC5T 1LK81JVDE2HRNDG 1LMXTJJD0W28TX2 I need to read each field from the file pass it to a query: select count(*) from usage_error where usage_id='$field... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto compare the columns of 2 diff tables of 2 different schemas in UNIX shell script

HI All, I am new to Unix shell scripts.. Could you please post the unix shell script for for the below request., There are two different tables(sample1, sample2) in different schemas(s_schema1, s_schema2). Unix shell script to compare the columns of two different tables of two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajkumar Gopal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use V$tables in UNIX shell script?

Hi All, In my script I have used the below code to retrieve the instance name V_INSTANCE_NAME=`sqlplus -s ${APPS_USR_PSWD} <<+ set pagesize 0 linesize 256 feedback off verify off head off echo off set serveroutput off select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalidoss
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arranging the output of a shell script into tables

Hi guys. I am new to this forum so cheers :) I have a question. I have created a shell script that puts all the output into 1 file. The out put is like this: -----IP------ Data Data Data -----IP------ Data Data Data How can i arrange this to be like this: IP | Data |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandera
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare with 2 tables

I have 3 file inputs, file1 20160302|5485368299953|96|510101223440252|USA|5485368299953|6|800|2300|0 20160530|5481379883742|7|510101242850814|USA|5481379883742|5|540|2181|1500 20160513|5481279653404|24|510100412142433|INDIA|5481279653404|3|380|1900|0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radius
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Unable to send attachment with html tables in UNIX shell script

Heyy, any help would be grateful.... LOOKING FOR THE WAYS TO SEND AN EMAIL WITH ATTACHMENT & HTML TABLES IN BODY THROUGH SHELL SCRIPT (LINUX)..NOT SURE, IF WE HAVE ANY INBUILT HTML TAG OR UNIX COMMAND TO SEND THE ATTACHMENTS. KINDLY HELP below is small script posted for our understanding..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harsha Vardhan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script automation using cron which query's MySQL Tables

What I have: I have a input.sh (script which basically connect to mysql-db and query's multiple tables to write back the output to output1.out file in a directory) note: I need to pass an integer (unique_id = anything b/w 1- 1000) next to the script everytime I run the script which generates... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkpand
3 Replies
CLUSTERDB(1)						  PostgreSQL Client Applications					      CLUSTERDB(1)

NAME
clusterdb - cluster a PostgreSQL database SYNOPSIS
clusterdb [ connection-options... ] [ --table | -t table ] [ dbname ] clusterdb [ connection-options... ] [ --all | -a ] DESCRIPTION
clusterdb is a utility for reclustering tables in a PostgreSQL database. It finds tables that have previously been clustered, and clusters them again on the same index that was last used. Tables that have never been clustered are not touched. clusterdb is a shell script wrapper around the backend command CLUSTER [cluster(7)] via the PostgreSQL interactive terminal psql(1). There is no effective difference between clustering databases via this or other methods. psql must be found by the script and a database server must be running at the targeted host. Also, any default settings and environment variables available to psql and the libpq front-end library do apply. clusterdb might need to connect several times to the PostgreSQL server, asking for a password each time. It is convenient to have a $HOME/.pgpass file in such cases. OPTIONS
clusterdb accepts the following command-line arguments: -a --all Cluster all databases. [-d] dbname [--dbname] dbname Specifies the name of the database to be clustered. If this is not specified and -a (or --all) is not used, the database name is read from the environment variable PGDATABASE. If that is not set, the user name specified for the connection is used. -e --echo Echo the commands that clusterdb generates and sends to the server. -q --quiet Do not display a response. -t table --table table Clusters table only. clusterdb also accepts the following command-line arguments for connection parameters: -h host --host host Specifies the host name of the machine on which the server is running. If host begins with a slash, it is used as the directory for the Unix domain socket. -p port --port port Specifies the Internet TCP/IP port or local Unix domain socket file extension on which the server is listening for connections. -U username --username username User name to connect as -W --password Force password prompt. DIAGNOSTICS
CLUSTER Everything went well. clusterdb: Cluster failed. Something went wrong. clusterdb is only a wrapper script. See CLUSTER [cluster(7)] and psql(1) for a detailed discussion of error messages and potential problems. Note that this message may appear once per table to be clustered. ENVIRONMENT
PGDATABASE PGHOST PGPORT PGUSER Default connection parameters. EXAMPLES
To cluster the database test: $ clusterdb test To cluster a single table foo in a database named xyzzy: $ clusterdb --table foo xyzzy SEE ALSO
CLUSTER [cluster(7)] Application 2002-11-22 CLUSTERDB(1)